View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
346. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

277 80.06%
  • ★★★★

47 13.58%
  • ★★★

12 3.47%
  • ★★

4 1.16%
  • 6 1.73%
Page 1 of 69 123451151 ... LastLast

Default HOUSE OF X [02] : The Uncanny Life of Moira X *Spoilers*

Just wanted to create a thread for this. I will be posting my thoughts.

No X-Men show up in this. Sorry. Well except for Xavier. I don't count Magneto or Mystique as X-Men. Sorry not sorry.

If you already read the spoilers you know this issue is about Moira McTaggert. Hopefully I spelled that last name correctly. It's a huge retcon and you realaize why that page is the most important.

Basically everything she has gone through is still active in her memory. So when she first meets Xavier he reads her mind. And they decide. To break all the rules. And I believe this is why we're getting the Krakoan era.

Moira has bascially gone through ten lives already because she is a mutant.

The biggest retcon that works and it makes sense without really messing up anything that has gone on previously.

I do love why she partners with Magneto and Apocalypse. She was radicalized by previous experiences and does what she thinks are the only options she has not tried.

The scene with Destiny, Mystique, and Pyro was great. Loved the whole dynamic and interactions. I hope we get confirmation about the Pyro that will be in Maruaders.
    Last edited by CGAR; 08-07-2019 at 06:43 AM.

Just read it. It is a crazy awesome book with beautiful art and colors. Loved it completely.

I loved it too, it really blew me away. I wonder if HoX/PoX ends with Moira going back and resetting one more time, especially since Destiny told her she would get 11 attempts.

Yes. It is just mindblowing. Such a quality. Story, art, colors. Perfection.

So Moira is creating alternate realities each time she is re-born, right?

Otherwise, I cannot make sense of this.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think Moira MacTaggert would get this kind of treatment. This is great stuff; finally feels good to read X-Men again.

Destiny was also a complete badass and needs to appear more. And Avalanche cameo! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post

When Moira dies she returns to the time of her birth with her knowledge intact. Which allows her to change the timeline each time she dies and returns as a child. This is her mutant ability, although in some ways it's a horrible power to have because the only time you can use your power is if you die. Moira has attempted to live the timeline 10 times now and she made changes every time. This current path appears to be her most successful so far, and there have been setbacks. She obviously chose to fake her own death at some point.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

"The most important scene in the X-men's history". Indeed.

As I said in the other thread, I loved this. It was a nice retcon and it was all very well done. Art was great.

I loved Destiny and Mystique together in this! Destiny was such a badass, and with this art her costume looked amazing. Now I wish Hickman will bring her back so we can have Raven and Irene as a powerful villain couple for the X-Men. Also, how powerful is Irene? She always sounds more omniscent than just precognitive.

Oh and another question if someone can answer it, why did Pyro call her mother? Was that a thing or am I forgetting something?

Yes, the entire 616 continuity we know is just a single lifetime of a minor X-Men character. It's not clear if she's creating branches or if it's a full do-over each time.

The main thing I don't get at the moment is why such an old and experienced Moira would make the mistake of marrying Joe MacTaggart when Xavier goes off to fight in Korea. Makes me wonder if the marriage and birth of Kevin were a feature of the missing lifetime VI, intentionally recreated in X. Also, Deadly Genesis doesn't really make sense if Moira and Xavier are running a two-man con based on her advance knowledge of events.
    Last edited by Frobisher; 08-07-2019 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    "The most important scene in the X-men's history". Indeed.
    The fact that she shared everything made me think tho. So Xavier knew stuff like the Phoenix Five and that he would probably die because of the Phoenix? Or did she share only some info? Because otherwise this changes a lot of stuff.

Fantastic Member

Yes, she makes different timelines every single time. It opens up the possibility (given what destiny said) that the entire timeline could be rewritten into a new canon.. but in the end almost everyone would be the same except for moira and select events that she influences in some way (if they choose to do that--it isn't guaranteed). But her current life is the 616 and all the others are just sort of explanations of her retcon'd mutation and the things she learned to get where she is now. It's a rather neat trick, and actually brought up against another mutant power that would've given people endless speculation I think if they hadn't addressed it--what happens when reincarnation meets precognition. Evidently, Destiny's precognition is so absolute she can see alternate realities. Ordinarily I would imagine most would say the reincarnator becomes a big ol' pandoras box they can't figure out because they aren't bound by death's permanence like everybody else.

Interesting storytelling but Moira isn't a huge favorite of mine so I'm still kind of waiting for them to show off more people than the usual suspects whenever power plays go on. The more I read this, though, the more I think Xavier/Magneto/Apocalypse should be done away with altogether the next time Marvel tries to reboot things (with as much leniency as Hickman has). Ultimately, it inevitably comes back to them, and there's only so many ways you can retell the same story over 50+ years.

Completely Re-Writes the Past without Changing 1 thing...Love It
    I thought I would open this issue and see a continuation of #1, and when that did not happen i was annoyed, but then quickly intrigued to figure out what was going on, and once I did....WOW...Just read it. That is my Review. It is a REALLY good stand alone issue as well as adding a completely new twist that will forever change how some people will see Mutants , possibly the entire Marvel Universe, and 1 character in particular. Only 3 issues in and to say Hickman has made something New and Exciting with his run ALREADY would be a SERIOUS understatement. After the Bitterness that infested Rosenberg's run, Hickman has QUICKLY breathed new life into the franchise and I will definitely be around until the end.

So does the timeline implode on itself each time she dies or is she being reborn into divergent timelines? Does she create a new timeline each time she is reborn, or is there something else that does that and she is just born into it? Im so confused

etaL see it was asked above

wow Moira was given a new life on x-men comics. Hickman went really crazy on this

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Yes, the entire 616 continuity we know is just a single lifetime of a minor X-Men character. It's not clear if she's creating branches or if it's a full do-over each time.

The main thing I don't get at the moment is why such an old and experienced Moira would make the mistake of marrying Joe MacTaggart when Xavier goes off to fight in Korea. Makes me wonder if the marriage and birth of Kevin were a feature of the missing lifetime VI, intentionally recreated in X. Also, Deadly Genesis doesn't really make sense if Moira and Xavier are running a two-man con based on her advance knowledge of events.
    This was a bit weird, these could be avoided because of Moira knowledge of past lives