View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
346. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

277 80.06%
  • ★★★★

47 13.58%
  • ★★★

12 3.47%
  • ★★

4 1.16%
  • 6 1.73%
Page 13 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    That's what I was thinking. ESP for Timeline 1. She dies at 76 without ever mentioning any mutants, it isn't until she branches out in Timeline 2 that we hear mention of them.
    So where was Xavier in Timeline #1? What was so different that there wasnt a rise of any power that threatened the planet?
    I thought that was fairly intentionally left out because supposedly in her first life she isn't aware she's a mutant. She lives her whole life as an ordinary human not overly concerned with the affairs of mutants because she isn't one of them and passes up getting involved with Xavier because she falls in love with someone else and raises a family.

It isn't until she 'wakes up' in her mother's womb and realizes wtf is going on that suddenly she's interested in mutants and what their problems are and how to help and how to solve her own issues, among other things. It's only in life two she gets involved because it's only relevant starting in life two. Makes sense to me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Not sure how I feel about Moira's aspirations to higher learning being entirely due to Mutant genes.
    I mean does it really matter? Not really any different then someone pursuing a study in biology because of a rare genetic defect.

So Moria and Xavier started the x-men together ?

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    ..........what?
    Basically you could be right that i'm wrong and everything you think happened in this time did happen but if Hickman never mentions it or someone is alive that you think should be dead theres really nothing saying that that happened in this timeline if he doesn't want it to. The X-men were around for over 20 years in lifetime four and have only been around for less than 10 in the current one. That in itself would account for a lost decade.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

For those worrying about branching it is pretty clear there can be no branches here. Moira is not making a dozen worlds she is continuously changing her world. Read carefully how Destiny talks about it.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

I'm intrigued.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    Moira was possessed by the Shadow King for a long time, so he must have known. She also hung around many other telepaths (Jean, Betsy, etc), but I guess telepathy is one of those things that you have to handwave or it breaks a lot of storylines.
    Destiny fairly aptly addresses that by saying it's a sort of mutation that you wouldn't notice unless you're looking for it but once you are it's easy to spot.

She's always been considered a genius so unless a telepath takes a deep dive through her memories and sees the tape rewinding and starting over repeatedly it's unlikely they'd notice she's far older than she should be; she has an explanation and they would be expecting her intelligence to begin with. They just wouldn't know it's from age, not pure genius.. but then what's the distinction between the two? It's not really something you can easily spot.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Ten out of Ten...plus five stars and a supernova.
    HiX-Man, Larraz and Gracia brought the RAPTURE!!! with HoX #2

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    For those worrying about branching it is pretty clear there can be no branches here. Moira is not making a dozen worlds she is continuously changing her world. Read carefully how Destiny talks about it.
    Exactly. In a lot of ways she is a reality warper.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I mean does it really matter? Not really any different then someone pursuing a study in biology because of a rare genetic defect.
    Not really, it just doesn't sit well with me. It kinda just has this feeling of "This one aspect that was unique to her for uniqueness sake actually just exists for the plot, you just don't know it yet."

Magnificent.

It blew my mind.

For people saying this is a reboot/retcon it's not. What they are saying is when Moira met Xavier and he read her mind, she showed him information. That information was no doubt highly filtered from the sum of her previous life lessons so that she showed Xavier precisely what he needed to see in order for the current 616 timeline to progress in the way that it needed. All of the previous lives are in timelines that don't exist due to her erasing them in each cycle and this is the current (and last) cycle she'll be on since Marvel doesn't reboot the 616.

No no no Hickman what are you doing?

Jordan D White your instincts were right when u first heard about this.

This is not a good idea, and it really invalidates the whole Xmen history, sigh, how do people not see this?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    No no no Hickman what are you doing?

Jordan D White your instincts were right when u first heard about this.

This is not a good idea, and it really invalidates the whole Xmen history, sigh, how do people not see this?
    We are all different with different opinions, but how does invalidate anything? Everything we know happened. There was just this one element we didn't know about.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Not really, it just doesn't sit well with me. It kinda just has this feeling of "This one aspect that was unique to her for uniqueness sake actually just exists for the plot, you just don't know it yet."
    That's one way to look at it I guess. I see it more as reviving a dead character (both in popularity and in actuality in the canon) and giving her plot relevance after ages of being a rather consistent but unimportant side character in the lore and expanding her character by giving her more importance. You're not wrong when you say it's changing the notion that she was just a brilliant, human scientist wanting to work with Xavier for the betterment of all; her reasoning is now clearly less altruistic and more self-centered..

.. On the other hand, it's also vastly more complex, and I'm willing to forgo the altruism of her deeds two decades ago for the sake of an interesting, well-written story today. So far it's been good. There's still plenty of time for him to **** it up, but I like it so far. See how it goes before being certain you don't like it.