View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
346. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

277 80.06%
  • ★★★★

47 13.58%
  • ★★★

12 3.47%
  • ★★

4 1.16%
  • 6 1.73%
Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

We never see how long she lived for in her 9th Timeline. The one where she definitely looks like Apocalypses Lover. So we have no idea HOW LONG she was with him before the 10th Timeline started. I hope that influences things moving forward. How much influence do they have on each other? Does Apocalypse remember anything?
    Why WASN'T their an Apocalypse in Timeline 1? The one where Moira STAYED PUT...think on that.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Yes especially since their not relevant to this story.
    Also, why would they care?

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    Your interpretation is wrong I'm afraid.
    Your right, because everything you think happened could have happened. But it doesn't have to be mentioned because he didn't say it happened or didn't but did show it happening at some point. Head Canon.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    This was mind blowing. Loved it, though I'm still not sure I fully understand everything. Destiny is a boss. Her scenes with Moira stood out, and made me wish she could come back. According to Irene, there's a chance that Moira could get a eleventh life? Perhaps will be seeing that play a part in Hickman's story at some point.
    I guess it depends on whether she dies before reaching 13 years or not. Mostly luck based. Since she knows about it she might find a way to avoid it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    This was mind blowing. Loved it, though I'm still not sure I fully understand everything. Destiny is a boss. Her scenes with Moira stood out, and made me wish she could come back. According to Irene, there's a chance that Moira could get a eleventh life? Perhaps we'll be seeing that play a part in Hickman's story at some point.
    I think the 11th life will either come into play at the end of this story when everything goes to **** or at the very end of Hickman's run when he puts everything back in the box.

I'm speechless. That was so bold and risky.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    For it implies that Xavier was aware of events about the future and the fate of his students and yet coolly and calculatedly allowed them to happen in the name of a greater good . That's right Xavier knew that some of his students would be unhappy in their lives and suffer great losses, yet he acted in the name of the ideal he and Moira shared.
    I like that take a lot. Gives another dimension to the skeletons on Xavier's closet.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    "And the thing about the Powers of X and House of X [stuff] is that there's been a lot of terms thrown out about it. 'It's a reboot! It's a relaunch! It's a rebranding!' It's really none of that," Cebulski explained. "We don't really do that. Everything that happened in X-Men up to Matt Rosenberg's Uncanny X-Men #22 was a part of this plan. We've been building this for two years with the writers. Everybody knew where this was going and that their tenures were going to end and that they were contributing to this story that Jonathan was telling – putting the pieces in place that were going to be needed. So what happened in Matt's #22 is going to directly influence what Jonathan has planned. That's what people don't understand."

Geez. I'm not sure i believe all of it, for sure they aren't rebooting x-men (marvel doesn't do this). But retcons and get a better strealined timeline seems very possible.
    I think they are referencing that the X-Men were at their absolute LOWEST point at the end of Rosenbergs run. Most of the team just "came back from the dead", they have no place to live, no place to run, and thus most OPEN to whatever it was Xavier may have suggested that had to do with those pods.

I LOVED it. The art is just... amazing, like truly truly delightful to see and I'm also loving how the comic itself is built, with the pages with some story, the layouts, it's just so interesting.

The plot was indeed amazing, it was that something new that we've been needing without actually going THAT crazy, and at the same time, I felt very sorry for Moira. I truly TRULY hope she gets a happy ending here, specially considering it's most likely her last life.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I think the 11th life will either come into play at the end of this story when everything goes to **** or at the very end of Hickman's run when he puts everything back in the box.
    Basically if the people don't respond well to it, like he said in the interview. Alternate storyline.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Also, why would they care?
    Also true lol especially if each of these timelines ends in mutant genocide.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    "And the thing about the Powers of X and House of X [stuff] is that there's been a lot of terms thrown out about it. 'It's a reboot! It's a relaunch! It's a rebranding!' It's really none of that," Cebulski explained. "We don't really do that. Everything that happened in X-Men up to Matt Rosenberg's Uncanny X-Men #22 was a part of this plan. We've been building this for two years with the writers. Everybody knew where this was going and that their tenures were going to end and that they were contributing to this story that Jonathan was telling – putting the pieces in place that were going to be needed. So what happened in Matt's #22 is going to directly influence what Jonathan has planned. That's what people don't understand."

Geez. I'm not sure i believe all of it, for sure they aren't rebooting x-men (marvel doesn't do this). But retcons and get a better strealined timeline seems very possible.
    2 years? Hickman made his initial pitch last year and I dont believe they actually started working towards it until the summer/fall

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Like it is Moira at the end of Power of X number 1 in her 11th life possibly? Or in a similar role of thousands of years from now we see her old and at peace looking over Mutantkinds future?

Oh, and I forgot... Moira here is Mysterion.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I don't love the idea that Moira is a mutant. I think her role as a true human ally is an important one.
    Agreed. I do like the sheer audacity of the move, though, and it opens up quite a few storytelling possibilities on its own. Plus, despite all the ramifications we've been shown, this still amounts to an opening reveal. There's more context incoming and I'm extremely curious to see where this all goes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    It just came out, amid a lot of hyping. It'll take some time before an accurate picture, unclouded by hype, comes through. This includes me. My view is compromised by the hype just like everyone else's is.
    We're 3 issues in, and all 3 issues have pretty much had an overwhelming positive reaction. We don't need hype to tell us that up till now, this is what X-Men fans have been waiting for.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I don't love the idea that Moira is a mutant. I think her role as a true human ally is an important one.
    The character has been dead for like 20 years. You don't think this new direction for her is better than that? Time to move foward with the mythos.