View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
346. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

277 80.06%
  • ★★★★

47 13.58%
  • ★★★

12 3.47%
  • ★★

4 1.16%
  • 6 1.73%
Page 20 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    That's Goop.
    Har har.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Makes one wonder if Hickman is not going to turn the franchise on its head and reveal the two species fighting for superiority are not human and mutant, but human/mutant and machine.
    I wouldn't mind that at all.

Considering this mutant vs machine theme, im surprised we haven't seen Danger anywhere yet. Literal sentient machine enslaved to help mutants.

Instead Karima is their Omega? I guess the Sentinal operation is most important.

Moira is lucky Bastion, Stryker, and other racists haven't discovered her secret. With her knowledge that could wipe out all mutants in existence.

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    Moira is over 440 Years Old...AND STILL ALIVE, confirmed in her Timeline Spread.
    She’s 440 years young. I’ll have you know.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

Well I'm bored of this story already.

All this hype, and in the end what we get is (a variation of) time travel.

Every version of 616 is another timeline in of a time-travelling character? What a cheap, convenient cop out.

am I the only one that finds it sad
    the Moria could no longer love the man she spent a lifetime with and raised a large family with
    because shes cursed with perfect memory of her previous lives.
    she can never forget all the flaws and mistakes a person makes

BANNED

The madman does it again. Jesus, this was great from beginning to end. I got spoiled on Monday, but it didn't take away from anything. The scene with Destiny was absolutely fantastic. Hickman's take on her and the way she's linked to Moira was outstanding.

Saying it was just a 10/10 is almost an insult. This was beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    the Moria could no longer love the man she spent a lifetime with and raised a large family with
    It remembers me of a theory that we ae born with knowledge of past lives and then we need to remember that.

Yeah it is really sad that she get all spoilers of her life and she has to try something new

Mighty Member

It's sad, but then when you think about it for a moment, it kinda sounds like bullshit. Cause you then remember "Wait, Xavier."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    1) Whether Marvel will admit or not, and whether any of you can accept it or not, this is for all and intents and purposes a reboot. The scope and scale of this retcon alone make it so.

Note that the timeline for Life Ten has Moira's death AFTER the Genoshan genocide. In the original stories, Moira died due to mortal wounds sustained when Mystique blew up the Muir Isle facility (X-Men vol. 2 #108, publication date of January 2001). That was BEFORE the Genoshan genocide occurred in New X-Men vol. 1 #115, publication date of August 2001.

This is not the original 616. This is an altered 616. AND THAT'S OKAY! This is a new era, and a reboot--acknowledged or not--was necessary given how much of a hash X-Men continuity had become.

Watching fans and, worse, the major X-fan websites futilely twist into knots trying to reconcile these retcons such that all of X-Men history still makes sense as a single narrative is going to be painful and cringe-inducing.
    https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/1159176513599746051

Congratulations, you played yourself.

It is a bit sad, but it's also interesting to think about. I think that's something that could just as easily go the other way - you know all of a person's flaws and imperfections, but you also remember loving them so much that you forgave them their flaws and want a chance to do it over again, but even better.

Moira judged Charles pretty harshly for his (very real) imperfections too on early meet, and, on one go-round, put so much weight on the negative aspects of mutancy that she worked to eradicate it. So that might be saying more about how Hickman view's Moira's personality, or even something as basic as how happy the marriage actually was once Moira had some distance to think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Moira is lucky Bastion, Stryker, and other racists haven't discovered her secret. With her knowledge that could wipe out all mutants in existence.
    Discovering a cure for mutants is something too complicated for one to easily remember.....if one had normal memory. But Moria has perfect memory of her previous lives.......

I was about to refute your point but then corrected myself mid thought. Hahahahhahaa. Your right.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    And honestly the real reason why we're just finding out about this now. Honestly would YOU want to broadcast this ability to anyone else but Xavier? Heck, there is a good chance this is the first lifetime in which she's finally said "go ahead, see for yourself."

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silence. View Post
    Meta commentary: It's great to see so many X-Fans actually gathering and theorising. Whew, it's been a while.
    Yes, and not about "who's that crap writer killing next?".

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Makes one wonder if Hickman is not going to turn the franchise on its head and reveal the two species fighting for superiority are not human and mutant, but human/mutant and machine.
    End of P10 #1 has mutant and machine allied, and humans extinct.

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    And honestly the real reason why we're just finding out about this now. Honestly would YOU want to broadcast this ability to anyone else but Xavier? Heck, there is a good chance this is the first lifetime in which she's finally said "go ahead, see for yourself."
    Actually I think in the 5th timeline she had Xavier read her mind a decade earlier then when they should have meet at collage so he saw the sentinels ruin his dream. Hence the 5th timeline's attempt at a mutant nation.