View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
346. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

277 80.06%
  • ★★★★

47 13.58%
  • ★★★

12 3.47%
  • ★★

4 1.16%
  • 6 1.73%
Page 23 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

also killing a fat "Donald Trask"? is it just me? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    This is making it really hard to trade wait for this.
    Amen, but part of me is like "I'll wait for the trade and unplug from spoilers for the next 9 weeks so I can just sit there soaking in all of it at once."

Quote Originally Posted by craybest View Post
    also killing a fat "Donald Trask"? is it just me? XD
    he's from morrison's run. cassandra nova used him to activate the sentinel that destroyed genosha.

I’m so glad I decided to get back into comics a few months ago. I was also considering passing on this series since I haven’t read anything X-men related in well over a decade. That being said, thank god I didn’t pass up on this series. Every issue outdoes the previous. I am literally on the edge of my seat reading this. House of X 2 completely left me speechless and blew my mind. Very creative way to change everything while also respecting everything that came before it. This really was a game changer of an issue. I still can’t get over what I just read. Depressing and emotionally powerful writing.

So question, that would mean our X-men that we are familiar with and grew up on would have been timeline #4 right which ultimately ended up with mutant extinction right?

Amazing Member

The more I think about this, the less I like it. Especially if #10 is the history we know. I wish that what we knew was #9 (or #6) and #10 is House of X as it would explain why X, Scott, Jean, Wolverine seem so alien in HoX #1.

I know Hickman doesn't give a fig but I'm not a fan of this abrupt jumps in status quo between then end of UXM 22 and HoX #1. The Moira effect could have explained it all but now I'm supposed to believe that the Professor knew and went from pacifist/integrationist to strongly armed separatist by design and that Moira faked her death but went through all emotions (including an astral form visit with the soul of a "golemn") for the LULZ?

Something is not adding up.

Quote Originally Posted by silence. View Post
    So Destiny saw 10 definite lives, and a possible 11th. Meaning that her reincarnation ability has its limit or that she is reborn an 11th time and dies before the mutant manifestation of her power. So this being the 10th life means that by the end of the series we're going to move into the 11th? Or something will happen that will kill her permanently? Or I suppose that she simply just doesn't die and so we stay in this particular reincarnation, or don't follow her to her next life, or Destiny lies.

IDK, there's so many questions, I'm very very excited by this development.
    So reading the thread from the beginning I think you are the only person to notice the puzzle we are being presented with.

She cannot be allowed to die. They have to change all of the rules. If she dies everything changes.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I liked the 'human' Moira, the straightforward woman… Because he X-men didn't have many relationships with humans and the fact that Moira was a important character without any superpowers, special features also had an appeal.
    I find all of this confusing…
    I don't think people understand, especially writers, understand how vital that is.

That said, there is an argument she's dead and hasn't been used anyways therefore not filling that role. (That frankly has not been remotely filled; and like I said it a vital one).
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    I’m so glad I decided to get back into comics a few months ago. I was also considering passing on this series since I haven’t read anything X-men related in well over a decade. That being said, thank god I didn’t pass up on this series. Every issue outdoes the previous. I am literally on the edge of my seat reading this. House of X 2 completely left me speechless and blew my mind. Very creative way to change everything while also respecting everything that came before it. This really was a game changer of an issue. I still can’t get over what I just read. Depressing and emotionally powerful writing.

So question, that would mean our X-men that we are familiar with and grew up on would have been timeline #4 right which ultimately ended up with mutant extinction right?
    No signs point to #10 being the history we know (but there is the mystery of #6 that may be an escape hatch)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Emesem View Post
    No signs point to #10 being the history we know (but there is the mystery of #6 that may be an escape hatch)
    Except the existence of Proteus and Moira “dying” right before the Genosha genocide.

Quote Originally Posted by Emesem View Post
    But I believe timeline #4 was the only one with the school for the gifted being created? So I assume that was the only timeline where the X-men were created so wouldn’t that be what we’ve grown up reading?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    But I believe timeline #4 was the only one with the school for the gifted being created? So I assume that was the only timeline where the X-men were created so wouldn’t that be what we’ve grown up reading?
    There were X-Men in lifetime 8.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    So reading the thread from the beginning I think you are the only person to notice the puzzle we are being presented with.

She cannot be allowed to die. They have to change all of the rules. If she dies everything changes.
    Or she has to die powerless, which I mentioned. Still, that is not the puzzle, the puzzle is how Moira creates future mutants don't get killed. If she can't do that, living forever means nothing.

Even though they probably weren’t the O5, Moira and Poccy formed some band of X-Men in Ninth Life.

Ok I went from thinking i understood it to not understanding it lol.

The house of X timeline is a new timeline with a new life of Moira in it correct ? Her tenth life....This is obviously not the timeline we grew up on. My question is which timeline would that be ? And I’m assuming that’s 4 right? Or am I bugging and my blown again. Lol.
    Last edited by RD155; 08-07-2019 at 01:36 PM.

Hickman's tweet explaining the error of Moira's death coming after E is for Extinction more or less confirms that we are at least supposed to believe that Moira X's life is the world we know.