View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
346. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

277 80.06%
  • ★★★★

47 13.58%
  • ★★★

12 3.47%
  • ★★

4 1.16%
  • 6 1.73%
Page 27 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Well, he wasn't in the huge picture at the convention when there were over 100 mutants when the teams were being revealed. He's been with Moira since 1976, there's a panel with the All New All Different team and he's not featured in that.

Yes, he appeared in a single panel in HOX 1, but it looks like he's been demoted to just hanging around.

It has slightly disappointed me, and it has saddened me, but it hasn't taken much from my enjoyment of the series so far. And in fairness I'm an X-Men fan first, and this is bloody amazing so far.
    We haven’t even seen Moira in the present yet. I doubt he will be casually discarded if she is a main character going forward.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    This book contains the umpteenth Hickman reference to the ‘dark age’ of comics being a bad thing. In this case “the lost decade”, meaning presumably the ten years that culminated in AvX.
    Mainly these last years after AvX have been dreadful.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

Quote Originally Posted by The Jeeper 2.0 View Post
    Life 9 is over. Her mutant power is reincarnation. That life is over. Maybe it ended in success. We never know but if it did work, she would've went down that path again.
    You dont know that though. Thats an assumption but something in Life 9 may have been different. I wouldnt rule that out until the story is over

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Highlights
    Lowlights
    >I genuinely hate colourists using dots as shadows.
    If you take a look at the uncoloured images from #1 you may note that the colourist didn’t add these.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

BANNED

AFAIC the only truly bright spots since Morrison have been Carey on Adjectiveless, Aaron's WATXM, Remender's X-Force and Gillen-UXM + AvX. Except for AvX none of them made a real dent in the larger status quo; they were all designed not to. And of course we know what AvX led to: Just more bad books.

BANNED

I want to know what happened to Life 6 why is that gone. Or maybe she died fast.....

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You dont know that though. Thats an assumption but something in Life 9 may have been different. I wouldnt rule that out until the story is over
    Something different could have happened. However, that life is over. She had to die for life ten to come into existence.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

Mainly these last years after AvX have been dreadful.
    I don’t think he would agree, and neither would I, we both admire Bendis’ run for example, but my point is not about the quality of the stories but the direction that comics took. It seems to be a common metatextual theme in Hickman’s work that the ‘dark’ years were a very bad move.

i'm starting to get concerned that even with 300 pages and an assload of charts, these two series will still not even be able to contain the mass of hickman's brain
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    We haven’t even seen Moira in the present yet. I doubt he will be casually discarded if she is a main character going forward.
    Of course, you may well be right. But none of the timelines even mention him either. Obviously we don't know at what stage HOX 1 was, or which life we've been reading about since I was born (same year as X-Men 1, 1963). But after decades of the character being treated appallingly I am not holding out too much hope.

Again it isn't taking away from my enjoyment of the series so far. I think it's as good as any X-Men comic for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    i'm starting to get concerned that even with 300 pages and an assload of charts, these two series will still not even be able to contain the mass of hickman's brain
    Subplot — Hickman’s a mutant.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    That's what the subsequent 16 year X-Men run is for.

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    If we don't get a Destiny themed book in wave two I will cry a Roma tear.
    I second this, but only if Hickman himself is writing her. Destiny was QUEEN AF in this issue.

From what I understand her powers are not reincarnation. She doesn't become a different person her life is just reset back. She lives her same life unless she changes things is more like she is stuck in a never ending loop.

Something different could have happened. However, that life is over. She had to die for life ten to come into existence.
    Not necesarily. Hickman was vague here but gave us just enough to speculate.