View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
346. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

277 80.06%
  • ★★★★

47 13.58%
  • ★★★

12 3.47%
  • ★★

4 1.16%
  • 6 1.73%
Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Die Live Repeat. basically an edge of tomorrow? so moira is reborn and resets the timeline

No, she died after it
    She's basically a biological vcr. And if her powers do work on those terms that makes moira one of the most powerful mutants. To literally be able to rewind all existence back to the day you were born. If it didn't have a limit Moira would be THE omega.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Mind blowing and confusing. Does this mean all the AU have happen because Moria?

This is amazing, i need the next issue now xD

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think Hickman is saying this is a new timeline. The phoenix 5 happened in life 4.
    No, the timelines show life 4 Moira married Xavier instead of Joe MacTaggert.

I don't think so. I think that's the whole point of her mutation and what destiny said about things warping around her but she couldn't really see her. I think Moira's power isn't simply going back in time but rather she warps everything around her. Sort of like an internal reality manipulation. So i think Moira literally resets everything back to the day she was born.
    That is the other way i see it. The only "Time Travel" going on here would occur when she dies, so she only has so many chances. That was the point of the issue, she is on chance #10 and there is only a chance of an 11th apparently, but from the sounds of it I believe that if she were to move to an 11th that the reason it would be the last is that she would kill herself for not doing something that Hickman is leading everyone towards. Her death in this 10th timeline, which Hickman HAS to write now that he has completely taken owner of the character in a way NO WRITER EVER HAS, not even Clarmont and i think he created her, should be very entertaining. Hickman renamed her Moira X, and in a single issue, he elevated her to a place where that X seems entirely earned and fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Theory:

Supposedly the 10th life is the one we read in comics, the one Moira married Mactargget and had Proteus.
    BUT, we have some incongruousness in the timeline: Moira and Charles recruiting Erik, 2 years between their schism and Genoshian genocide, Moira faking her death after that.
    So everything happening in House of X and Powers of X is NOT "our" timeline, Hickman really rebooted the X-men in na different life of Moira.
    Some could think 4th life is the original one, but Moira and Charles have never married.
    So I guess 6th life is the one we used to know, and Rosenberg was not wrong when he said he was writing the last X-men story.
    I do think this is a rewound time line and basically Hickman's way of cleaning up continuity while not effectively out right deleteing anything. The fact that Moira has all knowledge means some things could have just been sped up since she got to the major players earlier. So he can at this point reference any x-men event he wants to acknowledge while not being restrained by any he doesn't.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

This is Hickman's reality. We're all just living in it.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Everything we have seen in Universe-616 has been Moira's 10th Life.

Moira is STILL ALIVE, it says so specifically in her Timelines bio spread.

Moira is over 440 years old, that is the number of years she remembers being alive.

Astonishing Member

I'm going with Moira creating an alternate timeline every time she is reborn. If you go back she mentions the Observer effect which states that every time she is reborn into a new timeline she changes it simply by existing there. Oh man Moira being a mutant with this power really is a game changer. And I love how it seems the mutants are destined into a conflict with the humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    No, the timelines show life 4 Moira married Xavier instead of Joe MacTaggert.
    It literally showed that int he fourth life she stood by Xavier for the rest of their lives, through the gifted years, the feared years. etc. etc.Which ended with Days of Future past.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I enjoyed it as a plot twist to re-start things. I don't think it will hold up to in-depth scrutiny, so I'm just going to go with the flow and accept it without over-analyzing it.

Astonishing Member

My biggest opinion after reading this is that Destiny is too good as a character to stay dead.

BANNED

This was so good. Like, where do i even start.

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

This new direction with Moira sounds so silly on paper and yet it really worked for me here. I'm so excited to see where this goes. The timeline at the back of the issue... if 616 represents Moira's 10th life where she and Chuck "broke all the rules," then it looks like we're going to be seeing a lot of secret history stuff moving forward.
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    That is the other way i see it. The only "Time Travel" going on here would occur when she dies, so she only has so many chances. That was the point of the issue, she is on chance #10 and there is only a chance of an 11th apparently, but from the sounds of it I believe that if she were to move to an 11th that the reason it would be the last is that she would kill herself for not doing something that Hickman is leading everyone towards. Her death in this 10th timeline, which Hickman HAS to write now that he has completely taken owner of the character in a way NO WRITER EVER HAS, not even Clarmont and i think he created her, should be very entertaining. Hickman renamed her Moira X, and in a single issue, he elevated her to a place where that X seems entirely earned and fitting.
    Actually, in this context, I think "Moira X" also means "Moira 10". That also puts the title of "Powers of Ten" into perspective. I love it. =)

BANNED

It literally showed that int he fourth life she stood by Xavier for the rest of their lives, through the gifted years, the feared years. etc. etc.Which ended with Days of Future past.
    How can life 4 be the timeline we've been seeing up until now when it had no Proteus and Moira was present for the P5 to happen?