View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
346. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

277 80.06%
  • ★★★★

47 13.58%
  • ★★★

12 3.47%
  • ★★

4 1.16%
  • 6 1.73%
Page 37 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Very intrigued by the few elements given in the timeline "Moira and Apocalyse rescue the first Horsemen and return to Earth".

Not sure what to do with "the first Horsemen"... And about returning to Earth, one Horseman seems to be Firelord... so aliens get involved. (No clue about who the other Horsemen could btw...)
    Agreed about this being very intriguing, but I don't think we can be sure that's Firelord. The resemblance is for sure there, but I'm not convinced it's him. How could he be one of the FIRST Horsemen, Pyreus is a Xandarian from the Marvel present, not the ancient past.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

From Destiny's words,I think that Moira's reincarnation doesn't end abruptly at ten or eleven but instead in her tenth or eleventh life she just happens to die as a child or before her mutant powers kick in.

Destiny doesn't seem to be lying to me. She is right in a sense that Moira mutant power causes her to reincarnate so if she dies before her x-gene activates the cycle ends.

One thing that's been bugging me after rereading the whole thing a couple times is... Why is he ignoring the Decimation? If the Genosha genocide held back Mutants then the depowering of 99% of the species should be a much bigger event than that. Without considering the following years of Mutants being killed. (I think we can all agree that it is better if he ignores the T Mist sterilization plot lol)

"Everything that we know and love is reducible to the absurd acts of chemicals, and there is therefore no intrinsic value to this material universe!"

"Hypocrite that you are, for you trust the chemicals in your brain to tell you they are chemicals. All knowledge is ultimately based on that which we cannot prove. Will you fight? Or will you perish like a dog?"
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Well thank you for recognition because I honestly do believe he did his research when it comes to the type of story he wanted to tell. Who knows where this story might go, it might get retconned in the next year but at least it had the balls to take ambitious leaps with the X-Men mythos not just individual characters.
    I think he did some research, for the parts relevant to what he's interested in, and dug deep into those parts. But I think he's missing a lot of things. Part of that being that realistically, there's only so much he can look at before he has to do his job. Can't spend five years ensuring every detail. But another part being that he's steeped in Marvel culture like everyone else they hire, and existing Marvel culture has some major limits and blind spots.

I don't think of this as ambitious. I think of it as a lot of stuff *gestures everywhere* paired with hype. None of this has really surprised me. This is the way it's always been done. Right now, it's a blend of time travel, Dark Phoenix (not in power but in base concept), and Genosha/Utopia. The franchise's most popular stories condensed into one. What would surprise me is far more abstract and simple.

Two things I will give credit on. One, that Hickman's utilizing an existing character instead of creating an entirely brand new one. Two, that he used Moira instead of Xavier, Wolverine, Cyclops, or some other extremely popular character for the Moira bits. It would have been very easy for him to fall into one of those two traps. It's easy for a writer to try to "make their mark" by introducing a new character that then never gets used again. Also easy to tack an idea on to a "popular" character figuring it'll be a hype and interest booster. Technically, I could say he's still doing that via Xavier's role here, but he could've just as easily applied it directly to Xavier instead of someone he knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    One thing that's been bugging me after rereading the whole thing a couple times is... Why is he ignoring the Decimation? If the Genosha genocide held back Mutants then the depowering of 99% of the species should be a much bigger event than that. Without considering the following years of Mutants being killed. (I think we can all agree that it is better if he ignores the T Mist sterilization plot lol)
    My two guesses are either executive/editorial interference, or he'll get to that. I'd angle more toward executive interference. If he acknowledges and uses Decimation, then he needs to acknowledge and use Scarlet Witch. If he does that, then he has to address their parentage. And Marvel's not ready to fix that yet.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    It's an affectation on the part of the artist? I don't remember Larraz art having those damned dots before.
    I am not sure I have, but I am not sure I remember him being this good before either. I suspect that because he has been given plenty of time to work on this he has brought in other elements. I think the dots are supposed to be subliminal and evoke nostalgia and reassurance. I noticed them but I didn’t object to them. Nowhere near as over used or annoying as some uses of these patterns can be IMO.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    I know it wouldn't wipe her powers. Destiny said she had 10 or 11 lives. So if she dies before she's 13 or after it doesn't matter. 11, which I'm speculating is the 616, would be her last life.
    It specifically does matter whether she dies before she is 13. Destiny was suggesting that in her last life she wouldn’t reach 13, that was the point.

You are right about the timeline not going the way the 616 did though. If she has her mindwiped, then she would marry that first guy and have a family again, in all probability. So I am definitely in favour of the timeline having been manipulated... maybe by Moira from timeline 6?
    Timeline six is hiding something else. I suspect that because she goes extreme ‘Moira: Trask Assassin’ in 7 that instead of being initially anti-Trask in 6 she instead gets heavily involved with Trask to stop the massacre from the inside. Then during that life she learns more about the danger of AI and the Trask family and decides to just put them all down next time.

This will feed into the Machine/Mutant/Human War (I rearranged those to emphasise that it may have ended up a three way war).
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 08-08-2019 at 01:58 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

I wonder if they will explain why they did not include Sean in her 10th life, as he was a big part of it. Same applies for Gabriel summers and his X-Men (Sway, Darwin, Petra).

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    The 11th life seems like a fail safe in case the new status quo doesn't go well and Marvel decides to reboot things (aka all the history of the X-Men happens the same way it did except the state of Krakoa is never formed). Like how Hickman's Avengers run ended with a big reset button.
    Yes indeed. Which is why I suspect this current continuity will be Hickman’s main focus and the future we have seen on PoX will be a key part of the continuity. Which will mean this never was an alternative universe story nor a time travel story. In other words Hickman didn’t lie as much as he suggested he may have,

This seems like the kind of story that would benefit from remembering that Danger is still aligned with the X-Men and has already founded an independent machine-state.

FreeInorganicCollective.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    That's not how I read it. I thought she only had a finite number of lives, no matter what. If she died before 13 that would end things right then and there. But if she makes it past 13... which we have seen she does, then she will only get 10 lives. But if she makes the "right choice" she will get an 11th. I am speculating that these minis are her making that right choice in her 10th life, leading her to have been reborn into the 11th life, which is what we know as the 616.

My suggestion of mindwiped was only so that it makes more sense for what we have seen of her in the past.
    Although I don’t agree with your interpretation of what Destiny said We actually end up in the same place. Either 10 will be the final timeline and 11 is a get out for future writers, or 10 will allow her to forge a solution to her puzzle in 11.

If we say 10 is the final timeline then technically she needs to become depowered in a way that prevents reincarnation, which may be impossible and could be another possibility for why 6 is hidden, or she needs to live forever, which may be why PoX is telling a far future story.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    So there are two things to notice here. First, is Destiny telling Moira she will only have 10 or 11 lives what actually causes Moira to only have 10 or 11 lives since Moira will now try to find the best possible outcome thinking her time is finite?

Second, does Destiny tell Moira about dying before manifesting powers as a threat? Or again to lead her to that decision that results in only 10 or 11 lives?
    I was a little skeptical. She may have lied in order to provoke and aid the timeline she perhaps perceived in 10. It gives Moira purpose and a deadline.

I think it also suggests Destiny will not be part of the longer story. She has done her part.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I think he did some research, for the parts relevant to what he's interested in, and dug deep into those parts. But I think he's missing a lot of things. Part of that being that realistically, there's only so much he can look at before he has to do his job. Can't spend five years ensuring every detail. But another part being that he's steeped in Marvel culture like everyone else they hire, and existing Marvel culture has some major limits and blind spots.

I don't think of this as ambitious. I think of it as a lot of stuff *gestures everywhere* paired with hype. None of this has really surprised me. This is the way it's always been done. Right now, it's a blend of time travel, Dark Phoenix (not in power but in base concept), and Genosha/Utopia. The franchise's most popular stories condensed into one. What would surprise me is far more abstract and simple.

Two things I will give credit on. One, that Hickman's utilizing an existing character instead of creating an entirely brand new one. Two, that he used Moira instead of Xavier, Wolverine, Cyclops, or some other extremely popular character for the Moira bits. It would have been very easy for him to fall into one of those two traps. It's easy for a writer to try to "make their mark" by introducing a new character that then never gets used again. Also easy to tack an idea on to a "popular" character figuring it'll be a hype and interest booster. Technically, I could say he's still doing that via Xavier's role here, but he could've just as easily applied it directly to Xavier instead of someone he knows.

My two guesses are either executive/editorial interference, or he'll get to that. I'd angle more toward executive interference. If he acknowledges and uses Decimation, then he needs to acknowledge and use Scarlet Witch. If he does that, then he has to address their parentage. And Marvel's not ready to fix that yet.
    Do you think they care so much about the Maximoffs? Or that they are so scared about addressing their parenthood?

If I were them I'd just ignore everything lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Basically the next mutant power couple. I need a genocidal mutant daddy who’ll slaughter some Avengers for me
    A forever war as an analogy for eternal love. It’s very romantic in a violent kind of way.

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Donal...II_(Earth-616)

The character was created back in 2001. He's not based on Donald trump.
    I am guessing you are not from New York. I doubt he is a Trump analogy but this doesn’t prove it. There were many other Trump analogies in New York literature in 2001 including a couple of other suspects at Marvel.