View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
346. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

277 80.06%
  • ★★★★

47 13.58%
  • ★★★

12 3.47%
  • ★★

4 1.16%
  • 6 1.73%
Page 48 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    That reminds me, a friend brought this up: Cardinal’s “I will see you both when the world is made again.” I took it last week as a simple “Krakoa will rise again”, but HOX2 really recontextualizes it. As per your quote, are they reincarnated when they die? Though I think it speaks more to Moira herself, and the question of... what happens to everything and everyone else when Moira dies? Do the Cardinals believe that the whole world is literally rebooted to Moira’s conception each time? Or maybe just a more spiritual/abstract approach to whatever is more likely happening..

Attachment 85589
    I suspect some kind of future project that carries her legacy forward has become the misconstrued focus of a religion. It’s perhaps a fragment of the truth.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It would be kind of funny if somehow we don't see Life 6 because it's all the white and somehow moira is outside of time watching it. It never says Moira died in life 5, it just ends at Genocide in Faraway. Why is that the only year that it specifically doesn't say Moira dies but shows the timeline not continuing. So where is Moira 5?
    The round end means she died in the genocide. Given the location of the mutants no one would survive a concerted attack.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by psx10k View Post
    Was thinking, since Moira is a mutant, her powers of rebirth could be combined into the (all?) Chimera mutants. If that were the case, what happens when they die?
    I actually believe you are right. That specifically Moira herself, her essence, memory and power are somehow transferred to Cylobel.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    The round end means she died in the genocide. Given the location of the mutants no one would survive a concerted attack.
    Yeah but if you look at every other timeline that ends it specifically says Moira Dies but thats the only one where it ends but it doesn't say she died. That seems a little strange. Especially when we can't see the life after it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Good point that it wouldn't affect their timeline directly. But, if they could take the inputs and apply the results to their own timeline, that's a different story (see my theory above)?
    There are simpler powers and methods to achieve that than using one that creates new universes.

If there were too many Moiras she could be practically a cancer in the multiverse. Each universe in which there was a new Moira produces another ten different.

Yeah but if you look at every other timeline that ends it specifically says Moira Dies but thats the only one where it ends but it doesn't say she died. That seems a little strange. Especially when we can't see the life after it.
    No it doesn’t. The ones where she lives for a very long while, 9 and 10 don’t end in rounded ends. That’s a full-stop.

Amazing Member

not sure why some seem to think that the universe ends when Moira dies. Two options, 1) if each life creates a different timeline then they just continue on without her or 2) if each time is layered over the same timeline (like erasing a cassette) then yes Moira overwrites her universe each time but when she really dies that last time, the universe just continues on.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    There are simpler powers and methods to achieve that than using one that creates new universes.

If there were too many Moiras she could be practically a cancer in the multiverse. Each universe in which there was a new Moira produces another ten different.

No. She doesn’t produce branches. This is why my theory that she transcends time by being made into Cylobel and being dissolved into the library means that this iteration never ends. She has forced the universe to continue instead of a rewind and annihilation of the universe she last lived in.

Depends I think. Disregarding impact to the story, if the mutant leadership (Xavier and others) wanted the Chimeras to retain memories/experiences, this would be a way? On the flip side, if they want the Chimeras to act merely as canon fodder and letting them keep their memories is considered dangerous (risk of rebellion, etc.), they probably wouldn't go near Moira's power.
    but it makes their efforts pointless. The chimeras are made to be controlled but if you give them this type of power, it leaves those that created them at a disadvantage. The moment a chimera is killed, the world is reset and everything the engineers are doing and/or have achieved goes away.

No. She doesn’t produce branches. This is why my theory that she transcends time by being made into Cylobel and being dissolved into the library means that this iteration never ends. She has forced the universe to continue instead of a rewind and annihilation of the universe she last lived in.
    Yeah that works if there is one chimera mutant with this ability, not dozens. The minute you say they all have it (as was suggested) is where things get broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Emesem View Post
    not sure why some seem to think that the universe ends when Moira dies. Two options, 1) if each life creates a different timeline then they just continue on without her or 2) if each time is layered over the same timeline (like erasing a cassette) then yes Moira overwrites her universe each time but when she really dies that last time, the universe just continues on.
    Because the text as good as says so.

I don’t think she can cheat by depowering.

Where is it written exactly that she restarts the universe? I understood that she creates new timelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Where is it written exactly that she restarts the universe? I understood that she creates new timelines.
    House of X #2. There is only one timeline, but she's lived many lives within it

No it doesn’t. The ones where she lives for a very long while, 9 and 10 don’t end in rounded ends. That’s a full-stop.
    But it still doesn't say she dies. I'm looking at it right now.

1.Moira Dies of Heart Failure
    2.Moira Dies in Plane Crash
    3. Moira dies in lab fire
    4. Moira Dies by sentinel attack
    5. It let us know Moira fell into a coma years before and then it just says Genocide at Faraway
    6.???
    7.Moira dies after discovering master mold facility.
    8. Moira dies in prison escape
    9.keeps going
    10. keeps going

So it seems a little out of place that they would use the text to say Moira died specifically at all the points we know she does but instead of saying Moira dies in Faraway Massacre the time line just ends at the Massacre and then we can't see life 6.

I wonder if Moira could have had a twin in one life, i mean she did give birth to twins in her first life.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

But it still doesn't say she dies. I'm looking at it right now.

1.Moira Dies of Heart Failure
    2.Moira Dies in Plane Crash
    3. Moira dies in lab fire
    4. Moira Dies by sentinel attack
    5. It let us know Moira fell into a coma years before and then it just says Genocide at Faraway
    6.???
    7.Moira dies after discovering master mold facility.
    8. Moira dies in prison escape
    9.keeps going
    10. keeps going

So it seems a little out of place that they would use the text to say Moira died specifically at all the points we know she does but instead of saying Moira dies in Faraway Massacre the time line just ends at the Massacre and then we can't see life 6.

I wonder if Moira could have had a twin in one life, i mean she did give birth to twins in her first life.
    I don’t see the difference. Genocide and the art imply everything in Faraway would be destroyed. She was there, therefore she died. Hence the visual indicator that represents the end of a timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    House of X #2. There is only one timeline, but she's lived many lives within it
    I don't see anything that supports the theory that those universes cease to exist once Moira dies.

If so, Destiny would not have killed her, that would have erased her own life.