View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
346. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

277 80.06%
  • ★★★★

47 13.58%
  • ★★★

12 3.47%
  • ★★

4 1.16%
  • 6 1.73%
Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    Exactly thank you...Moira X is *almost* undeniably 616 just from reading the text alone and if we look at what the creators themselves have been telling us this whole time there’s no question. This has been a ted talk
    Also, Hickman went to the trouble of retconning out her death (It was a Shi'ar Golem) so all the x-men canon is in the same, current, tenth, life. What is Moira doing today, I wonder.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    4. But, I'm still confused b/c...
    a. How is Xavier walking?
    b. Why is Jean wearing that early costume?
    5. I originally thought the 10th Life/HOX was Moira's restart and points "a" and "b" above implied that the events in HOX happen earlier in the timeline before Xavier and Jean are disabled and host the Phoenix force, respectively.
    Xavier has been back and walking since the most recent Astonishing X-Men storyline. It's very convoluted, but he's around and walking since before Jean came back.

And I think that Jean just changed her costume, as superheroes do all the time, and there's been some response from the creators saying it's to show she's not battle-ready/armed for war, but ready for peace.

I had to read this issue several times to soak it all in:

1. I originally thought Life 4 was the life we read about b/c it had the Phoenix 5. HOWEVER, it wasn't because Moira married Xavier.
    2. This lead me to believe the X-Men never experienced any of the events we know about in the current 10th Life of HOX.
    3. But, because of the events in the 10th life timeline it can be assumed that the 10th life is what we know PLUS HOX.
    5. I originally thought the 10th Life/HOX was Moira's restart and points "a" and "b" above implied that the events in HOX happen earlier in the timeline before Xavier and Jean are disabled and host the Phoenix force, respectively.

Also,
    6. What's up with the arrows in timelines 5, 9 and 10? I assume the arrows in 10 at age 52 show us that this is the time line that is currently happening. But, the arrows at year 42 in timeline 9 imply that the Apocalypse War is still raging.

7. That still leaves the arrows in timeline 5 from ages 43-44. Moira is in a coma for the time. Does this imply that Faraway is still there existing in the limbo between the Sentinel attack and the genocide at Faraway?

These arrows are there for a reason. Why do I feel like I'm studying for a test I'm super excited to take? Hickman re-ignited my passion for the X-Men. It has always been there, but it has been embers for the last few years. It's ablaze now.
    4a. Xavier is currently in a body he created from Fantomex. Even before his death, he was walking

4b. As of right now, Jean is wearing an earlier costume bc she wants to. I think there will be an in story reason revealed down the line though

5. Nah, I think HoX is present day, taking some time after Uncanny X-men 22 and AoX.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm going on record as saying Moira didn't die in Life 5. I'm going to save this post and see what happens by the end. Cause it just doesn't make sense. All of the time lines that she died for a fact in says Moira Died. Why would the one before Life 6, the life we have no info on, the life where we jumped from the sentinels heading to genosha in artwork to Life 7 doesn't just copy paste that she died like in every other timeline that ended with a dot. So we are to assume all the ones that ended in a dot means she died, but they chose to leave out that she specifically died in one time line. doesn't make sense.
    Maybe its a Buffy situation. In Buffy, slayers are only activated when one dies but Buffy briefly died in season 1 when her heart stopped, thus leading to the activation of a new slayer. Maybe something similar happened to Moira, where she was biologically dead but was quickly resuscitated and/or resurrected. Moira Prime exists to continue her life but she splits off and is reborn in a now new divergent timeline. We now have two parallel coexisting timelines (possibly PoX's future) which may converge at the climax of this story
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-08-2019 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Also, Hickman went to the trouble of retconning out her death (It was a Shi'ar Golem) so all the x-men canon is in the same, current, tenth, life. What is Moira doing today, I wonder.
    Considering she used one of their golems, I wonder if the shi’ar are in on her conspiracy and she’s just chilling with them. unbothered sipping rosée until Xavier comes to pick her up for the next phase of whatever they have in store

Or something happens in her ninth life that we don’t know about before her death and she’s still aligned with apocalypse. This whole life is a set up.

These are my two baseless, unrealistic theories

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    Xavier has been back and walking since the most recent Astonishing X-Men storyline. It's very convoluted, but he's around and walking since before Jean came back.

And I think that Jean just changed her costume, as superheroes do all the time, and there's been some response from the creators saying it's to show she's not battle-ready/armed for war, but ready for peace.
    I know about the Astonishing X-Men run, but does Moira's "re-set" imply that HOX is something new that is happening before anything we've read/the X-Men have experienced? Is this how everybody is back from the dead? Did no one ever die because the 10th timeline is a new start?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    4a. Xavier is currently in a body he created from Fantomex. Even before his death, he was walking

4b. As of right now, Jean is wearing an earlier costume bc she wants to. I think there will be an in story reason revealed down the line though

5. Nah, I think HoX is present day, taking some time after Uncanny X-men 22 and AoX.

Maybe its a Buffy situation. In Buffy, slayers are only activated when one dies but Buffy briefly died in season 1 when her heart stopped, thus leading to the activation of a new slayer. Maybe something similar happened to Moira, where she was biologically dead but was quickly resuscitated and/or resurrected. Moira Prime exists to continue her life but she splits off and is reborn in a now new divergent timeline. We now have two parallel coexisting timelines (possibly PoX's future) which may converge at the climax of this story
    Now this makes sense to me. IF she was considered in a coma in life 5 where her life went from solid to dots to circle perhaps there was a delayed reaction and two moiras were born if she really did die in the Genocide at far way. Which could also explain the two cases of the black panels that said "and then", and "then". It's also the only time line with two dots and neither specifically saying Moira died.
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-08-2019 at 06:44 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I know about the Astonishing X-Men run, but does Moira's "re-set" imply that HOX is something new that is happening before anything we've read/the X-Men have experienced? Is this how everybody is back from the dead? Did no one ever die because the 10th timeline is a new start?
    No. Based on the timelines listed at the end, Life 10 is the only one that coincides with the Marvel history we've been reading. Life 6, possibly could be 616 but its unlikely. Everyone is back from the dead, likely due to Krakoa. That was heavily implied in the first issue

Spectacular Member

I don't think so. The HoX timeline is the tenth, and with the information on the back, it's the only one where she has her son Kevin/Proteus, and marries Joseph MacTaggert/became Moira MacTaggert in the first place.

Because of this alone, I think we're meant to treat HoX as the timeline we've always known.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No. Based on the timelines listed at the end, Life 10 is the only one that coincides with the Marvel history we've been reading. Life 6, possibly could be 616 but its unlikely. Everyone is back from the dead, likely due to Krakoa. That was heavily implied in the first issue
    Agreed completely.
    Last edited by ISnowNothin; 08-08-2019 at 06:46 PM.

Not to mention it was a year between them but what if it was less than nine months. could moira really have been born twice in life 6 and thats why it's blank.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Moira’s tenth life is the 616 timeline, everything we’ve read up to now is still valid. Everyone's back from the dead **assumedly** via those Krakoa birthing cell things in HOX 1...to be fair everyone coming back in itself is still mostly just speculation but in my humblest of opinions it’s probably true. But I guess you never know with Hickman

My take on the arrows on the timeline is, for 10 it’s still ongoing. For 9 they simply aren’t at a point in the story where they want to specify how long the Apocalypse war lasted but the implication is that it went on and on and on before she eventually died and Moira X has lived through A LOT [see the *two* black “and then..” panels before life 10. I don’t think it’s plot obfuscation (until they decide it was) so much as, solely within the context of this issue, hella dramatic implication of a war too endless to fathom.]

And for life five, the simplest meaning is simply as stated (her coma) but it may yet prove fertile ground for some later revelation. I definitely don’t give much credence to the speculation that she never died in that timeline though. Everything they’re giving us suggests we are meant to be reading it as she died in the genocide, and I’m skeptical that they’re being tricky just by not using the word “dies” there. Seems like they’re playing a grander game than semantics..
    Last edited by TOTALITY; 08-08-2019 at 06:47 PM. Reason: punctuation

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    My take on the arrows on the timeline is, for 10 it’s still ongoing. For 9 they simply aren’t at a point in the story where they want to specify how long the Apocalypse war lasted but the implication is that it went on and on and on before she eventually died and Moira X has lived through A LOT [see the *two* black “and then..” panels before life 10. I don’t think it’s plot obfuscation (until they decide it was) so much as, solely within the context of this issue, hella dramatic implication of a war too endless to fathom.]

And for life five, the simplest meaning is simply as stated (her coma) but it may yet prove fertile ground for some later revelation. I definitely don’t give much credence to the speculation that she never died in that timeline though. Everything they’re giving us suggests we are meant to be reading it as she died in the genocide, and I’m skeptical that they’re being tricky just by not using the word “dies” there. Seems like they’re playing a grander game than semantics..
    But if we equate the dots to death, could her mutation had thought she was dead for real and started the process. Like havok83 said, heart stops, mutant power kicks in, reincarnation starts, they resusitate her, her body offically dies in the attack months later. there really may be two moiras out there. The the page that shows. "and then" twice before showing the baby moira. The baby was shown twice but could we just be assuming it was a close up of the same baby but instead it was actually two. One with eyes close and another that was further along with them open. Could moira reincarnate into the same womb?
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Thanks for all the input. I love the discussion on this board. I like what someone said about the coma and there possibly having been two concurrent timelines and it doesn't say "Moira dies" in the 5th timeline. It only ends with genocide at Faraway.
    The two "and then's" before the 10th life.
    Looking forward to the true reveals of what "rules" she and Charles broke.

I am loving this book. I admit parts are confusing but I love all the discussion, debate, and speculation these issues brings. It feels like old times. I love that the X-men are good again.

I love the character of Moira and though I am not a fan of retcons I do like that she's back. Due to her powers, she's basically the human character we know and love (with no active power with the power of reincarnation). I also loved the scenes with Mystique and Destiny. I love the data pages. I cannot say that enough.

I can't wait for the next issue.

I had to read this issue several times to soak it all in:

1. I originally thought Life 4 was the life we read about b/c it had the Phoenix 5. HOWEVER, it wasn't because Moira married Xavier.
    2. This lead me to believe the X-Men never experienced any of the events we know about in the current 10th Life of HOX.
    3. But, because of the events in the 10th life timeline it can be assumed that the 10th life is what we know PLUS HOX.

Also,
    6. What's up with the arrows in timelines 5, 9 and 10? I assume the arrows in 10 at age 52 show us that this is the time line that is currently happening. But, the arrows at year 42 in timeline 9 imply that the Apocalypse War is still raging.

7. That still leaves the arrows in timeline 5 from ages 43-44. Moira is in a coma for the time. Does this imply that Faraway is still there existing in the limbo between the Sentinel attack and the genocide at Faraway?

These arrows are there for a reason. Why do I feel like I'm studying for a test I'm super excited to take? Hickman re-ignited my passion for the X-Men. It has always been there, but it has been embers for the last few years. It's ablaze now.
    It seems as if you’re suffering from the same mind blowing head spinning condition that I am at the moment lol. As far as the timelines go I don’t think it’s clear that Miora X is in 616. Like you I also thought that life 4 was our 616 because it seemed to
    Fit but the marriage didn’t add up. I’m not saying that Miora X isn’t in the 616 but people are acting as if it’s cut and dry But with 9 issues to go I wouldn’t be surprised if there are more curveballs as to which timeline we’ve been reading. One possibility that’s been brought up is that maybe we’ve read bits and pieces from multiple time lines through out the years.