View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
346. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

277 80.06%
  • ★★★★

47 13.58%
  • ★★★

12 3.47%
  • ★★

4 1.16%
  • 6 1.73%
Page 54 of 69 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

I love this title more than I have liked any mainstream book in a looooong time!

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    I keep thinking about Proteus too. Moira broke up with Professor X without explanation while he was serving in Korea. Knowing the importance of Omega Mutants, could she have intentionally gone back to Joe MacTaggert specifically to produce Proteus?

And this is another stretch so please don't judge me... In New X-Men #126, Jean Grey is housing all of Professor's X consciousness since he is without a body. Since this is a large feat, some of Charles memories start to slip away. "Twelfth birthday is gone. Just gone. Such a nice day with Moira.... Gone..." Could Charles have forgotten Moira's secret at some point and this is what leads to the "Lost Decade" where Moira was in hiding and Professor X had none of her guidance thus leading to M-Day, Phoenix Five, etc.?
    So is life 9 going to get more scenes since the arrow isn't finished?

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    It seems Apocalypse will make more from Moira then she ever were in life 9. His speach from the beginning of HOX 2.

All-New Member

So I noticed that on the map of Krakoa from House of X 1... there's a House of X and a House of M in the key. I'm betting that we're all going to be a bit surprised and House of M is run by Moira, not Magneto. In Moira's 8th life timeline, on the 28th year it says Moira establishes House of M. It seemed like in Powers of X that Magneto is fully a part of Xavier's house and is kickin' it with him when Mystique comes back. Moira is thusfar unaccounted for in Krakoan society. I bet she's a major part, but what is she doing and to what extent are the Houses of M and X fully integrated?

On the info pages where it's Moira quotes, the glyph is the Krakoan letter for M but the coloration is inverted from any other symbol. When it is Magneto's quote, the M glyph is black on white. Moira's is white on black. When It's a Xavier quote it is a Krakoan letter for X, normal black on white. Krakoa??? is two black horizontal bars... maybe the cypher for K? Other Entities and Organizations are more in our alphabet or based on logos. When it's representing Apocalypse it's an actual black A. Sinister is a diamond. Fantastic 4 is a 4. Orchis is a flower. Makes sense, they are all external to Krakoa, at least right now probably. We'll see what Sinister and Apoc do. Anyway, I am wondering if we're getting a hint here that she's particularly set apart within Krakoan society, subverting it, maybe working against Professor X for some reason.

Moira Glyph.JPG Magneto Glyph.JPG Xavier Glyph.JPG

Also note the connotations... Xavier is Alpha.. Magneto is Omega... Moira is Theta. And for that matter... Apocalypse is Forever. I wonder if these will ever make sense... I'm assuming the info dumps are Something like records in a Nimrod's library in year 1000. So Alpha (Xavier) is the beginning, Omega (Magneto) is the end or the carrying out, and Theta (Moira) is... from what I can find theta meant divine.

ALSO do we think the Oracle on the map of Krakoa is Destiny!?
    Last edited by Geogeo999; 08-09-2019 at 12:40 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Geogeo999 View Post
    So I noticed that on the map of Krakoa from House of X 1... there's a House of X and a House of M in the key. I'm betting that we're all going to be a bit surprised and House of M is run by Moira, not Magneto. In Moira's 8th life timeline, on the 28th year it says Moira establishes House of M. It seemed like in Powers of X that Magneto is fully a part of Xavier's house and is kickin' it with him when Mystique comes back. Moira is thusfar unaccounted for in Krakoan society. I bet she's a major part, but what is she doing and to what extent are the Houses of M and X fully integrated?

On the info pages where it's Moira quotes, the glyph is the Krakoan letter for M but the coloration is inverted from any other symbol. When it is Magneto's quote, the M glyph is black on white. Moira's is white on black. When It's a Xavier quote it is a Krakoan letter for X, normal black on white. Krakoa??? is two black horizontal bars... maybe the cypher for K? Other Entities and Organizations are more in our alphabet or based on logos. When it's representing Apocalypse it's an actual black A. Sinister is a diamond. Fantastic 4 is a 4. Orchis is a flower. Makes sense, they are all external to Krakoa, at least right now probably. We'll see what Sinister and Apoc do. Anyway, I am wondering if we're getting a hint here that she's particularly set apart within Krakoan society, subverting it, maybe working against Professor X for some reason.

Moira Glyph.JPG Magneto Glyph.JPG Xavier Glyph.JPG

Also note the connotations... Xavier is Alpha.. Magneto is Omega... Moira is Theta. And for that matter... Apocalypse is Forever. I wonder if these will ever make sense... I'm assuming the info dumps are Something like records in a Nimrod's library in year 1000. So Alpha (Xavier) is the beginning, Omega (Magneto) is the end or the carrying out, and Theta (Moira) is... from what I can find theta meant divine.

ALSO do we think the Oracle on the map of Krakoa is Destiny!?
    Xavier is with Magneto in PoX#1, in the House of M, it's identified. I think House of M is still House of Magnus, partially because Moira is M X on the Krakoan notation, not M, and because it's where Magneto is, and where Mystique and her team are going to meet him.

Also, I think it's possible the Oracle is Destiny, and also possible it's Moira's area of Krakoa, since she's also an Oracle of sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I would say that is pretty bold to call theories you have not actually seen "clearly" not correct, except that I firmly believe that every theory so far is "clearly" not correct.
    I think there is too much contrary evidence to support the theories for them to possibly be correct. The stories have been set up to show how they are the same timeline and show the incident that makes this one different to previous ones. Combined with the simple fact that if this story is not representative of canon or supposed to be extrapolating on the current situation then it would disappoint most readers.

You can just see the reviews “A wonderful story with great science fiction content that ultimately disappoints because it all gets reset at the end.” Even Secret Wars didn’t do this despite many mistakenly thinking it did.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I’m thinking yes — that the arrows at the end of that timeline aren’t because Moira is “still active” there; she must have an endpoint there eventually for the 10th life to exist. I think the arrows are because the end of that story hasn’t been broached in the book yet, and the particulars will complicate what we know, as it’s implied that it goes on for a while. We may come to learn Moira has thousands of years’ worth of memories in that timeline alone!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why would they engineer that? That sounds counterproductive. Besides the chimeras powers are not 100% efficient compared to the base mutant so theoretically maybe they are only able to be reborn 1 or 2 times but this would really break the story
    The reasoning could be an attempt to carry time forward in a safe manner. Maybe the war was also a puzzle to be solved. A precognitive may have pointed out that only a tiny number of possibilities would result in all three species surviving and that war is so chaotic it would be incredibly difficult to change the outcome without actively using an active ‘observer effect’ similar to Moira.

This would explain some things. Why they are obsessed with origins, because they are the constants in their world of variables. Why they are a hive mind, because otherwise if a single one of them dies the world gets reset. Why they all died at once in a sacrifice/singularity, because once they have reached a solution they only need one survivor or a way to end the cycle.

The last could combine with my theory on Moira still being alive in some way, so every cycle they change is just an offshoot of her final timeline.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    I’m thinking yes — that the arrows at the end of that timeline aren’t because Moira is “still active” there; she must have an endpoint there eventually for the 10th life to exist. I think the arrows are because the end of that story hasn’t been broached in the book yet, and the particulars will complicate what we know, as it’s implied that it goes on for a while. We may come to learn Moira has thousands of years’ worth of memories in that timeline alone!
    Related thought: will Apocalypse’s apparent alignment with the “good guys” in Excalibur have to do with him learning the long term results of his methods in Moira’s 9th life?

(also I should have edited this message into my previous one instead of clogging the thread — I tried to go back and do that but I couldn’t figure out how to delete this one? Is that something only mods can do? Either way, I apologize for the excess! Can’t stop thinking about this comic :|)
    Last edited by TOTALITY; 08-09-2019 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    When she is reborn she is born again a universe exactly identical to the original until she begins to modify it, hence the Observer Effect.

In practice, the only difference is whether there is any way to travel through the multiverse where Moira 4 is or not, anyway.

The fact that the graph is represented with parallel lines seems an indication that they are parallel universes.
    Logically that wouldn’t make a lot of sense to me. Those are not just lives, that represents reality. The full stops don’t just represent death they represent an end.

Put it this way. Saying universes continue without her effectively lets Moira off the hook. She has no puzzle to solve. She would only be working on her own whim. It looks very much like that’s what she did in T9 and she had hundreds of years of self gratification. Now she is working on a solution to the problem of not holding the universe to her own will. She is effectively an involuntary force for malevolence.

I can't wait to actually see more of Krakoa.

I have been thinking more about "Reboots vs. alternative timelines" and have found another problem for reboots.

If they were reboots, how would that affect the characters that are out of 616 regularly? Captain Britain, Spider-Gwen, Exiles ...

If they were outside when Moira dies, on returning they would find a completely different world. Unless Moira restarts the entire multiverse, of course.

I don't know how to explain this properly and maybe it's just really dumb, but... I think it just doesn't have to do with anyhing? Like, she dies and "reincarnates" back in the time she was in her mother's womb. That's it. There's no need to apply the semantics of Marvel's multiverse or whatever, it's just what it is.

It's likely I'm wrong and Hickman will come up with something, as he's the one who wrote Secret Wars that rebuilt the whole multiverse. But I feel like it's just kind of... Not needed?

Well, we're going to have an Excalibur comic so I can't completely ignore the Multiverse in this. We'll see.

Brian Braddock is the elephant in the room. Also, Bishop is immune to reboots as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Have I got this right? It is her death that creates a new universe at the point where she is in the womb. Does this mean that the previous life is wiped from existence completely? Or are those universes her deaths created still out there?

The plot is really clever so far, and very well executed, the art is exceptional as well, it is a great comic book. The criticism I have seen is around the emotion and characterisation to date, and to an extent I agree with that. Some of her previous personal relationships have been brushed over, or entirely swept aside. Of course this may well change after all we're only a quarter of the way through it all.

I'm looking forward to the rest of this, and eager to see how it plays out, I think it transcends personal views on particular characters because it could be so enormously far reaching for all of the cast. Moira's 10th life ending could recreate the entire Marvel universe, not just the mutants. She is massively powerful.
    Clearly some interpret it differently, and knowing X-Men comics someone in the future will write about one of the timelines as if it was an alternative universe because comics.

But, I believe the text indicates that these are not alternative timelines and that yes you have got it right that effectively Moira rewinds reality.

The most compelling reason it is most likely this way is precisely because this gives her a dilemma as she becomes less selfish and more focused upon the plight of the three alternative groups, humans/Machines/Mutants.

The narrative of her lives betray a learning curve. First she sees mutants as the problem, then she sees humanity as the problem who use machines to enact their will, then she realises the machines themselves are a natural offshoot of the timestream and that they are effectively a species of their own, then she decides to choose to throw her all in with the radical survival of the most aggressive view of Apocalypse, now finally she is seeking to find a solution that will allow all three ‘species’ to survive each other.

ItÂ’s all very logical and linear even though it involves multiple iterations of her life. ItÂ’s all a learning experience and my bet is even T6 and the strange black panel teach her something that might give away too much of her plan. The black panel probably teaches her something about how dying before she is 13 is not an out, and T6 probably teaches her something about AI, perhaps she becomes one by force and T7 is even more personal.

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    My problem with stories like groundhog days, edge of tomorrow, HOX #2 etc... is that once the "hero" reboot, an entire universe disappear. It terrifies me.
    Yep, isnÂ’t that glorious? If you embrace that existential terror it is a real trip. ItÂ’s like Alice wondering if she is just a part of the Red KingÂ’s dream, it sounds so innocent and amusing but put yourself in her gradual realisation that everything is just a dream and will be extinguished if he awakes, and then consider the alternative that Alice is dreaming and that this means the universe she is in will equally be annihilated, and you have a gentle insight into something profoundly scary.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    My suspicion is that her sixth life began maybe with the same goals we witnessed in the seventh life (assassinating the Trasks), but was derailed when she was assaulted by Joseph MacTaggert, and she gave birth to Proteus. And they arenÂ’t telling us that yet because they arenÂ’t ready to make clear that intentionally repeating the Proteus conception (and also Xavier intentionally conceiving Legion, I suspect) is a primary component of their rule-breaking 10th-life gambit.

edit — wait if I’m right that’s going to be EXTREMELY problematic and controversial, right? Not just for the obvious “Moira and Xavier become eugenicists” element, but the intentionally being assaulted. Either they have a very sensitive, delicate way to address that or I’m dead wrong. Hopefully nothing in between.
    The other alternative is in 6 she throws in with Sinister and learns all about the various genetic potentials.