View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
346. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

277 80.06%
  • ★★★★

47 13.58%
  • ★★★

12 3.47%
  • ★★

4 1.16%
  • 6 1.73%
Page 56 of 69 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

I cant believe people swallowing this kool aid.

I just cant.

It would be like if Perry White was really Kryptonian, and he fought Doomsday. In life 5.

Its beyond stupid.

And i gave issues 1 of Hox and Pox a 4.5

Then Hickman gave me smallPOX, and i died in Fuckin Idaho

All-New Member

If I look at the timeline, what I see after the Destiny incident is Moira is trying several routes. What her goal is, I am not entirely sure we know, but we have to assume it is for mutants to come out on top over humans and machines, or at the very least definitely to keep machines from ending mutants.

Life 4: X-Men route... fails to Trask Sentinels
    Life 5: Xavier route... fails to Trask Sentinels
    Life 6: ...........
    Life 7: Moira route... fails to Wild Spontaneous Master Mold/Sentinels
    Life 8: Magneto route... Fails to Superheroes
    Life 9: Apocalypse route... Fails?????
    Life 10: Krakoa route...

Seems to me like some others have mentioned, Sinister may be the missing piece in Life 6. She's cycling through the use of various elements independently. An honest try with a moral Xavier band of X-Men doesn't work. A less naive radical Xavier mutant nation has the same end. Following this... it is hard to say where she'd go next, but in Life 7 she's back to trying to solve the problem of the Sentinels by wiping out Trask. I wonder if she has a run in at some point with Sinister in Life 5, as part of the mutant nation, Sinister again trying to do genetic tampering, she gets the idea in Life 6 to give Sinister a shot at building a force to stop the Trask sentinels. I am assuming at this point that these charts etc... are from Information gathered at Nimrod the Greater's Mutant library in Year 1000 of Life 10, perhaps gathered from Cylobel back in Year 100. So the big question to me there is why is that information missing. Is there an in-canon reason Life 6 is blank- has that been hidden from the machine information gathering somehow? Anywho, Life 7 she's saying eff it I'll do it myself because obviously Sinister ended up betraying her in Life 6, because Sinister does that. Life 8 she gives Magneto a go. Life 9 Apocalypse.

I believe Life 10's Krakoa experiment is probably some genuine collaboration between our 5 key figures (Xavier and Moira at the core) who we've seen quotes from and glyphs of in the info pages... Moira, Xavier, Magneto, Sinister, and Apocalypse. It is obvious that Sinister being invited in at all was sketchy so it probably would only be done because Moira knows from Life 6 that Sinister can do something or will inevitably do something in his betrayal that will set up success in the long-run. I believe they know Sinister will betray them. I think in the next few issues we're gonna get a lot of filled-in details on how Apocalypse fits in. Just as Moira was teased in the codes and glyphs of House of X 1 without really figuring in... I think Apocalypse has been teased now in House of X 2... The teaser for what is coming in Powers of X 3 is This is What We Do, but it comes with the coding (os_apoc_00).

All exciting, obviously can't call the whole story and how the Omega mutants including Proteus and Legion will figure in. And maybe Apoc and Sinister play less collaborative roles and are more villainous through the whole endeavor. So I am hesitant to say what happens between year 10 and 100, but very curious to see who the population of 8 on Asteroid M is. We assume because of Sinister's betrayal the Krakoa of House of X is largely destroyed and the leadership is killed or goes missing. I assume the last piece of Krakoa is Asteroid M and that Cardinal is using Black Seeds which is I think may be the No-Place talked about on the page of the products of Krakoa. So is Asteroid M the no-place- and where the leaders of House of X retreated to? Anyway we've seen 6 of 8... Cardinal, Rasputin, Real Old Man Logan, Green Magneto, Xorn-y boy, Black Tom Cassidy. Logan says they're going to see "the old man"... probably Xavier right? Or maybe Green Magneto is a chimera and the old man is the real Magneto? It is Asteroid M after all. Is the 8th Moira? Or is Moira somehow in the body of Cylobel or Is Cylobel somehow? We know the hound program was set up by Sinister, who is presumably really dead now so maybe there's something intentional there about the creation of Cylobel and her capture in the year 100. Which is how Year 100/1000 machine archives have all these details about her lives? Or maybe I'm totally off about these info pages being somehow produced in-canon.

Question though: What is Charles Xavier's real situation as of the beginning of House of X? I remember I read Astonishing X-Men where the man called X shows up... He's kind of Xavier right? And at the end, he leaves only Psylocke with the knowledge of his existence. Is this who starts Krakoa?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post

I just cant.

It would be like if Perry White was really Kryptonian, and he fought Doomsday. In life 5.

Its beyond stupid.

You a'ight, man? Feeling better now?

Spectacular Member

Crazy theory: could Days of Future Past be life 4 and then when Rachel traveled back to the past, she ended up in another one of Moira's lives(either 6 or 10)?

I just cant.

Its beyond stupid.

I wouldn't call it kool aid, but hype has a tendency to make people really eager to jump on something. Especially if that something's been sabotaged and artificially held back for a decade, like the X-Men franchise has been. That, plus the current hot trend for fiction is world building. Things that go hard on world building tend to get a lot of praise regardless of what they're doing. This sort of dynamic has happened before with other franchises out there, especially video game franchises.

A more accurate view of the event will come out a little later.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I wouldn't call it kool aid, but hype has a tendency to make people really eager to jump on something. Especially if that something's been sabotaged and artificially held back for a decade, like the X-Men franchise has been. That, plus the current hot trend for fiction is world building. Things that go hard on world building tend to get a lot of praise regardless of what they're doing. This sort of dynamic has happened before with other franchises out there, especially video game franchises.

A more accurate view of the event will come out a little later.
    I agree with this point of view. Hype does tend to get people on board with these big events. However this event just feels different. This level of excitement week after week is something the x universe desperately needed. They were in desperate need of a shot in the arm. The mystery being slowly unwrapped week to week just seems different then the text book style for big comic events. I’m hooked at the moment and this is by far the book I anticipate the most week after week. The first time sit through of HOX2 was one of the most enjoyable experiences I’ve had reading a single comic in years.

Extraordinary Member

I just cant.

Its beyond stupid.

Personally, there just is not much else to talk about so I am diving into this for fun. Nothing about it makes me want to read X-Men #1 or any of the books that follow.

I've been finding it more useful to think of this as more of a timeline recurrence power rather than a multiverse thing, since in this situation Moira's the only unpredictable factor. Her choices are changing the world, IDK why when the word Multiverse is used I tend to think that there are a lot of different things causing the worlds to change, while in this situation if Moira is removed before making an active choice the timeline would revolve over and over again in the same way.

I don't think it means that the world ceases to exist when she's removed, I imagine at some point down the line we're going to get Beast inventing some device or something that enables Moira to inhabit one of her past lives.

Quote Originally Posted by tornshattered View Post
    Crazy theory: could Days of Future Past be life 4 and then when Rachel traveled back to the past, she ended up in another one of Moira's lives(either 6 or 10)?
    In that reality the Phoenix Five existed so I don't know how we can integrate that with Days of the Future Past and Rachel.

Quote Originally Posted by silence. View Post
    I've been finding it more useful to think of this as more of a timeline recurrence power rather than a multiverse thing, since in this situation Moira's the only unpredictable factor. Her choices are changing the world, IDK why when the word Multiverse is used I tend to think that there are a lot of different things causing the worlds to change, while in this situation if Moira is removed before making an active choice the timeline would revolve over and over again in the same way.

I don't think it means that the world ceases to exist when she's removed, I imagine at some point down the line we're going to get Beast inventing some device or something that enables Moira to inhabit one of her past lives.
    They can be different universes whose point of divergence is the birth of Moira, if there is an infinite number of universes there is also an infinite number of universes that are like 616 but with a slight modification. However, as we have already said, the only real difference is whether you can travel to Moira's past universes or not.

It may not have any importance in the story.
    Last edited by Glio; 08-09-2019 at 08:50 AM.

Mighty Member

I just think it's a really fun story that you shouldn't look to deep into that's cool but doesn't really do anything new or take the X-men in particularly new directions.

We've had X-nation stories before
    We've had time travel to prevent the horrible future before
    We've had Mutants vs Humans/Machines stories before

This ain't reinventing the wheel. But it's a pretty cool wheel to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    That was like a Kenny from South Park death. Holy ****.
    It would be glorious if that plane crash turns out to be the one where Lorna's powers manifested. I think the ages would line up. Lol. But I think only Polaris parents were on the plane with her.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

All-New Member

I mean there have been good X-books.... X-23 has been very good through the years. X-Men Red too. Even the first 6 issues of Soule's Astonishing X-Men were pretty neat, but they were ignored by the overall vision or lackthereof for the X-books. People really like X-Men Red but there was no hype and no commitment to it being a new era. I would've loved if Rosenberg's run and Age of X-Man didn't really happen, and we centered on Jean Grey as the new heart/dream of mutant kind but that's beside the point.

To me, House of X 1 had an interesting/creepy hook/premise, beautiful design work and art, a few striking character-true moments (mainly Magneto being both terrifying and highly dignified in that way only Magneto can). Powers of X was fine but took the wind out of my sails, I glazed over a lot reading that. House of X #2 though, is a beautiful piece of work. If that issue were in any book, people would take notice of the immaculate artwork and the brilliant pacing. I really think the best things about these two House of X issues is the pacing and the art. Krakoa is rad looking, and these are paced to really draw you in, in a way X-Men hasn't done in a long long time.

Continuity and bigger picture, aside, I think that's why people like this, and why people are digging in to what may end up being a wibbly wobbly continuity mess in the end. Combination of we've been hyped on it being a new beginning BUT also a lot of people are enjoying the individual issues for what they are, such that if they end HoX well, they will allow a high quality 2019 book to overwrite a couple decades of middling quality books.

Re: hype, wasn't there as much hype for past X re-structuring books? Like Bendis' All New X-Men run was as the ushering in of the Bendis era. And then people read it and it was just another okay-ish story. And the hype dissipated. If HoX 3,4 and 5 have diminishing returns and 6 ends on a weird confusing note, that may happen here too, but it's begun in a much more gripping way, at least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It would be glorious if that plane crash turns out to be the one where Lorna's powers manifested. I think the ages would line up. Lol. But I think only Polaris parents were on the plane with her.
    that would be an amazing twist to get her into the story.

I thought I was the only one who laughed when her plane crashed.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

She's reliving the same experiences/lives, the same 616 timeline UNTIL the moment she decides to make an obvious change.
    That's why everything that has happened so far in the 616 starting with Lee/McCleod to Claremont et al right through to Rosenberg still matters. The only variable is what Moira decides to do and when she decides to do it that sets the 616 timeline on a different path.
    Her stories all basically end with a cataclysmic war between mutants/humans/machines...keep in mind, the futures we see in PoX 01 hasn't happened yet...and she's trying to change the inevitability of that outcome.
    In this 10th Life, she is yet to make the fateful, game changing decision (which probably ties back to her 6th Life) which she hopes will change the course of mutant future.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-09-2019 at 09:32 AM.