View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
346. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

277 80.06%
  • ★★★★

47 13.58%
  • ★★★

12 3.47%
  • ★★

4 1.16%
  • 6 1.73%
Page 63 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 ... LastLast

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    It’s so difficult to proof your own work. You’d think major comic companies could create a position to help. Maybe even a team. You know, people who would be responsible for assisting creators by reviewing the work before it’s published. They could call them analyzers or detail checkers or something.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    It’s so difficult to proof your own work. You’d think major comic companies could create a position to help. Maybe even a team. You know, people who would be responsible for assisting creators by reviewing the work before it’s published. They could call them analyzers or detail checkers or something.
    I'm fine with that mistake, no big deal. But shouldn't the editing team do the checking?

Either way, this kinda denies the idea that lifetime 10 is not 616 definitely.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    What do you mean?
    If a writer doesn't use Polaris in a major role every issue, he's a hack, and so are the people that like him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I'm fine with that mistake, no big deal. But shouldn't the editing team do the checking?

Either way, this kinda denies the idea that lifetime 10 is not 616 definitely.
    Unless that is all part of the plan. We notice some questionable things on the timeline leading us to some belief, and then Hickman makes this correction so we all go "i guess not". But really, what about life 10 showing those events in order means it is 616? If life 10 is Moira getting things right somehow, life 11 is about making sure those correct events are set in stone (by dying without powers)

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    If a writer doesn't use Polaris in a major role every issue, he's a hack, and so are the people that like him.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

Hopefully Moira's current life will bring an end to the dystopian future in Powers of X #1. I have completely lost interest in the idea that machines take over the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_Lady View Post
    Hopefully Moira's current life will bring an end to the dystopian future in Powers of X #1. I have completely lost interest in the idea that machines take over the planet.
    You may have noticed that this didn’t happen in PoX #1.

spoilers:
    The machines and mutants apparently share the future peaceably.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 08-10-2019 at 08:38 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    I think it makes sense, wasn't Moira the only 'human' who caught the legacy virus as well
    Good point i wonder will this be touched on in her past lives.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Seems accurate.

I'm curious about three things that came up in this issue:

What happened in the 6th timeline?
    Why is the Apocalypse timeline still ongoing?
    Is she living the final lifetime or has she found the means to reach the 11th Destiny alludes to?

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    But do we actually like this is the real question. I wish they had left AoA well alone for example. I can imagine Hickman vetoing his timelines being used this way until he is not overseeing things. The story is not about what might have happened once Moira died, they are about what she learned while she was alive and how those things inform the final timeline.

Treating them as sources of alternative futures would just dilute everything, at least at this stage of precedings.
    That's a very fair point. I did enjoy Uncanny X-Force's jaunt into the AoA, though in hindsight I'm not sure it was strictly essential.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I'm curious about three things that came up in this issue:

What happened in the 6th timeline?
    Why is the Apocalypse timeline still ongoing?
    Is she living the final lifetime or has she found the means to reach the 11th Destiny alludes to?
    I think we can answer the second one and the third one.

The diagram isn’t trying to suggest no end, but instead eons of time.
    The story is about retconning what we know about our current timeline and as such T11 would be unnecessary. T10 is already recognisable and we may even have ‘ten maybe 11’ if those two blank panels represent a failed birth.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I don't think that's how procreation and babies work....but im up for hearing more lol

If only that was the case...
    Writing about Time Loops?
    All 3 times I attended TomorrowWorld Id eat some fungus and actually have to experience/survive being in an actual Time Loop. the last year of the festival I stayed at the campsite of some "fellow fungus friends" for 2days straight... there was face paint EVVVERYWHERE...and then it rained and turned the field into a giant sinkhole....Goooood times.
    but you write about Time Loops or festivals Id totally be able to sue
    Basically my theory is at the end of her 9th life Moira figured out a way to birth two version of her "tenth" life it doesn't hold up to any scrutiny but I definitely feel there's something else going on with those two black panels.

In the reality of Apocalypse, perhaps Moira lived hundreds of years of war thanks to Celestial technology.

However, that is irrelevant for now, we know that in the long term it did not work and she ended up dying.