View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
346. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

277 80.06%
  • ★★★★

47 13.58%
  • ★★★

12 3.47%
  • ★★

4 1.16%
  • 6 1.73%
Page 8 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

A good story that changes everything.

The only problem is just a different version of the time travel plot to prevent an apocalyptic future. So it loses some points in creativity but still generates a high expectation due to the consequences.

First this alters readers' knowledge of Xavier and his relationship to X-men in a number of ways. For it implies that Xavier was aware of events about the future and the fate of his students and yet coolly and calculatedly allowed them to happen in the name of a greater good . That's right Xavier knew that some of his students would be unhappy in their lives and suffer great losses, yet he acted in the name of the ideal he and Moira shared.

I don't understand how other characters never understood how Moira affected the timeline considering they are basically time cops or powerful entities but let's put that aside for the story to work. The important thing now is that Moira and Xavier are desperate. Moira's time is running out and Xavier understands that he has failed in all his past attempts to make his dream come true.

So this plan it's their last card and they're willing to break all the rules .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    So, why was the 6th timeline left out? Anyone have any theories?
    I assume it's where Moira finds out about omega mutants through Proteus and Vulcan (who in turn has ties to Krakoa).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    I guess I don't see what everyone else saw in this issue. I couldn't care less about Moira.
    I mean even if you don't care about the character the implications of her actions and importance in the HoX/PoX storyline is huge.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    A good story that changes everything.

The only problem is just a different version of the time travel plot to prevent an apocalyptic future. So it loses some points in creativity but still generates a high expectation due to the consequences.

First this alters readers' knowledge of Xavier and his relationship to X-men in a number of ways. For it implies that Xavier was aware of events about the future and the fate of his students and yet coolly and calculatedly allowed them to happen in the name of a greater good . That's right Xavier knew that some of his students would be unhappy in their lives and suffer great losses, yet he acted in the name of the ideal he and Moira shared.

I don't understand how other characters never understood how Moira affected the timeline considering they are basically time cops or powerful entities but let's put that aside for the story to work. The important thing now is that Moira and Xavier are desperate. Moira's time is running out and Xavier understands that he has failed in all his past attempts to make his dream come true.

So this plan it's their last card and they're willing to break all the rules .
    Well technically that's not true since Destiny does but Destiny also mentions that Moira's mutant powers basically make her undetectable unless you know what you're looking for.

UGH, why didnt I see it sooner, it is House of Ten - the Tenth Timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    He had a thing with Famine which lead to a child. While at the time I thought it looked like he had some affection for her, I wasn't quite sure of her age.
    I don't know much if anything about Apocalypse original horsemen, but in the animated series, I remember Famine there was this old Morlock looking woman he converted. To think Apocalypse got her pregnant is blowing my mind...

There is a lot of number 10 going around the books

I don't think this will be explored, but I'm curious if anyone else, besides Charles and Destiny, know about Moira. Mystique was in constant communication with Destiny, and Rogue has Destiny's entire diaries in her head.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I mean even if you don't care about the character the implications of her actions and importance in the HoX/PoX storyline is huge.
    It's gonna be huge for the next 5 years. This isn't the first ''timeline'' story we've had.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    The fact that she shared everything made me think tho. So Xavier knew stuff like the Phoenix Five and that he would probably die because of the Phoenix? Or did she share only some info? Because otherwise this changes a lot of stuff.
    Moira’s fourth life looks like the situation was handled without Xavier dying since they both end up getting taken out by Sentinels later on.

I guess I don't see what everyone else saw in this issue. I couldn't care less about Moira.
    I mean, what feats does she even have?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    I don't think this will be explored, but I'm curious if anyone else, besides Charles and Destiny, know about Moira. Mystique was in constant communication with Destiny, and Rogue has Destiny's entire diaries in her head.
    Magneto knows.

So does anyone know why this story is being sold as 2 mini series and not 1? I thought HoX would focus on the present day and PoX would primarily be past and future stuff that bring context to present day. However this issue took place primarily in the past and picks up from the cliffhanger of Year 0 from PoX. It doesnt feel like the 2 minis have a set theme

Mighty Member

One issue i do have with this revelation is that it completely rewrites Moira as a character and effectively nukes all previous meaning she ever had as an individual.

Astonishing Member

It's gonna be huge for the next 5 years. This isn't the first ''timeline'' story we've had.
    Well obviously nothing last forever in comics what's your point? Regardless in the context of the story Hickman is trying to tell it's a huge revelation.