Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 585 of 678
  1. #571
    Fantastic Member Thundershot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    319

    Default

    I had no idea who Omerta was, but I didn’t know that was Paulie until I read the boards! Nice!

  2. #572
    Astonishing Member Spinster Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yay to Paulie being back! I didnt recall that Omerta codename though
    It was like a handbook/editorial codename only I think.

  3. #573
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'm pretty sure they never used it explicitly on-page, though the writer definitely intended that to be his codename.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    It was like a handbook/editorial codename only I think.
    Its weird though that Stinger would call him by that though instead of Paulie. Maybe if they were on Krakoa and had to go by mutant names but they were living a relatively normal human life in Philly and he's never been into the superheroics outside of those few days years ago

  4. #574
    Moderator Nyssane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its weird though that Stinger would call him by that though instead of Paulie. Maybe if they were on Krakoa and had to go by mutant names but they were living a relatively normal human life in Philly and he's never been into the superheroics outside of those few days years ago
    I thought the same thing. And why did he call her Stinger? It's bizarre seeing a couple call each other by their codenames.

  5. #575
    Astonishing Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I thought the same thing. And why did he call her Stinger? It's bizarre seeing a couple call each other by their codenames.
    It reads a bit like "Let's make life easy for those who want to search for them later in Marvel Database".

  6. #576
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It reads a bit like "Let's make life easy for those who want to search for them later in Marvel Database".
    Thats what captions are for. They could have put the codenames in that Daily Bugle headline, Cable talking to the cops or Esme. The way they did it felt so unnatural

  7. #577
    Astonishing Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats what captions are for. They could have put the codenames in that Daily Bugle headline, Cable talking to the cops or Esme. The way they did it felt so unnatural
    You're right, I was just trying to understand why that decision.

  8. #578
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'm pretty sure they never used it explicitly on-page, though the writer definitely intended that to be his codename.
    It's like how they named Rusty Collins "Firefist" but didn't actually use it until Necrosha.

  9. #579
    Mighty Member danielsan52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    It's like how they named Rusty Collins "Firefist" but didn't actually use it until Necrosha.
    Or Rafael Suarez - Lazerfist
    Or Vincente’s last name Cimetta.
    I'll meet you by the third pyramid. We'll meet in Mesopotamia

  10. #580
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Or Rafael Suarez - Lazerfist
    Or Vincente’s last name Cimetta.
    Hmm Rafael might have words with Lyja.... if she actually cares about the moniker. Oh wait... He's the guy who "borrowed" Lyja's Lazerfist power device. Hehe. Not even a real superhero.

  11. #581
    Mighty Member danielsan52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hmm Rafael might have words with Lyja.... if she actually cares about the moniker. Oh wait... He's the guy who "borrowed" Lyja's Lazerfist power device. Hehe. Not even a real superhero.
    He kinda absorbed them. When he went to FF for help assistance they were like, yeah we're too busy.

    I brought him up because he was also named in a handbook, not a comics story.
    I'll meet you by the third pyramid. We'll meet in Mesopotamia

  12. #582
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    He kinda absorbed them. When he went to FF for help assistance they were like, yeah we're too busy.

    I brought him up because he was also named in a handbook, not a comics story.
    Wait, he still has the powers? interesting. Lyja was the "Lazerfist because of the power device, so I guess editorial decided to pass the moniker with the powers?

  13. #583
    Ultimate Member juan678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    19,340

    Default


  14. #584
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,299

    Default

    In Deadpool's case parts of him are actually pieces of Wolverine aren't they?

  15. #585
    Incredible Member Micabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    536

    Default

    Deadpool is a Human mutated by the Weapon X program by bonding Wolverine's DNA (healing factor) to his cancer. Ironic isn't it?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •