Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Still wondering if that mummy kid was supposed to be Murmur.

Kinda hope we'll get a new GLA mini.
    Those guys are always jumping on the bandwagon of whatever is trendy, so they may want to relocate themselves in Krakoa.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

What do y’all think the implications of the Five and Resurrection Protocols will have on X-Statix? Their Giant-Sized has to rely on “yeah we weren’t really dead” to explain Vivisector and a Mister Sensitive being back. But now everyone can come back, even U-Go Girl. Their recent Giant Size issue wasn’t even written under the X-Office but hopefully Hickman’s stuff can at least be acknowledged considering how monumental everything is now for all mutants, not just X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Kinda hope we'll get a new GLA mini.
    Those guys are always jumping on the bandwagon of whatever is trendy, so they may want to relocate themselves in Krakoa.
    Rebrand themselves back to being the Great Lakes X-Men? That’d be hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Still wondering if that mummy kid was supposed to be Murmur.
    You could be right, I didn’t see the mouth but he was fasting away from frontal view. But AFAIK he’s depowered.

I know she’s almost universally hated but I find it weird that Lifeguard was on the big splash screen reveal, but hasn’t even appeared in the background yet. I personally liked her and wouldn’t mind seeing her again.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Remember when PAD ended his X-Factor run leaving Darwin as male equivalent of Hela, Syrin as an actual irish Banshee and Guido as a souless hell lord... he really wanted those characters to become unusable after he stopped writing them didn't he
    that all sounds horrible. glad that I dropped that title right as Jamie got that M tattoo.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    What do y’all think the implications of the Five and Resurrection Protocols will have on X-Statix? Their Giant-Sized has to rely on “yeah we weren’t really dead” to explain Vivisector and a Mister Sensitive being back. But now everyone can come back, even U-Go Girl. Their recent Giant Size issue wasn’t even written under the X-Office but hopefully Hickman’s stuff can at least be acknowledged considering how monumental everything is now for all mutants, not just X-Men.

Rebrand themselves back to being the Great Lakes X-Men? That’d be hilarious.

You could be right, I didn’t see the mouth but he was fasting away from frontal view. But AFAIK he’s depowered.
    I'm sticking with my assumption we never see any X-Statix. They were never X characters and always stayed in their own bubble doing their own weird things. Outside Doop none of them really ever appear in other titles and nobody really appears in their titles. It was so bad when they were X-Force. I just don't think we see any on Krakoa or in X books as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    I'm sticking with my assumption we never see any X-Statix. They were never X characters and always stayed in their own bubble doing their own weird things. Outside Doop none of them really ever appear in other titles and nobody really appears in their titles. It was so bad when they were X-Force. I just don't think we see any on Krakoa or in X books as usual.
    True but we have seen some X-Men interact with the casts. Wolverine and Professor X have. Wisdom and Domino’s X-Force team fought with X-Statix for their name. They took down Hoffman’s Brotherhood. They may not be a part of the X-Men but they’re definitely involved in the X-World and Krakoa’s shown that it’s about all mutants now. Hickman causing such a paradigm shift only for none of it to make it into X-Cellent (coming out this year) would be a glaring omission.

Looks like some Krakoans are going back out into the wild to protect teen vigilantes:

Champions: New series spinning out of the fallout of Outlawed, writing by Eve Ewing and art by Simone Di Meo. Dust, Bombshell, and Pinpoint (still not explicitly confirmed to be a mutant) have kept their membership on the team and are going to be operating against the law and against C.R.A.D.L.E.

New Warriors: New series spinning out of the fallout of Outlawed, writing by Daniel Kibblesmith and art by Luciano Vecchio. Among the OG New Warriors that arenassigned to be training the new generation, we’ll see Nighth Thrasher assembling mutants Firestar, Silhouette, and Namorita. Justice will also be appearing but his allegiance remains unknown.

Last edited by Tycon; 01-10-2020 at 04:11 PM.

Looks like some Krakoans are going back out into the wild to protect teen vigilantes:
    Very cool! Nice covers too.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Very cool! Nice covers too.
    Really interested how Krakoa is gonna play into the “Cole’s Incident” as well as whatever Kamala’s Law is and how mutant teen heroes are able to operate under this new status quo.

R.B. Silva just keeps growing, my goodness!

Glad to see Dust stick with the Champions. I'm hopeful this will finally be a volume of Champions I can connect to.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Glad to see Dust stick with the Champions. I'm hopeful this will finally be a volume of Champions I can connect to.
    Did you get to read Ewing’s Ironheart. I LOVED it so much and I think she’ll have these voices down in a way Waid and Zub couldn’t really accomplish.

I can't stop looking at that New Warriors cover. Rage and Namorita have me transfixed. All of them really.

Did you get to read Ewing’s Ironheart. I LOVED it so much and I think she’ll have these voices down in a way Waid and Zub couldn’t really accomplish.
    I'm very behind but I read the first couple of issues! I liked it a lot, though! I don't think Waid is best suited for teen characters and I am always just a little too far from really gelling with Zub's Marvel work.

I think we need Tantra (Reuben O'Hara) to return.

His powers of love are perfect for Krakoa.