Page 28 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Redneck is not mentioned in the original post (he lost his powers; joined the New Warriors as Skybolt, then perished with Ripcord - who was Stacy X - Stacy was seen later alive; unknown if Skybolt/Redneck survived)
    True, but I only wanted to include mutants and technically he was a human when he died.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Would love to see all of the Hellions , especially Catseye.

Tower and the Alliance would be awesome too.

Especially Timeshadow

Attachment 92398
    Stinger's already semi-reformed. It'd be interesting to see Frenzy take her under her wing because of their history together.

Timeshadow would be great to see again (I think he's the only one who hasn't been seen since their Alliance of Evil days).

Tower, though... that dude was a rapist and I hope they don't bring him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Stinger's already semi-reformed. It'd be interesting to see Frenzy take her under her wing because of their history together.

Timeshadow would be great to see again (I think he's the only one who hasn't been seen since their Alliance of Evil days).

ewww you're right, and He attacked Taki. What a POS

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Yeah going to war against the Osborn, Moonstone and Fisk is a price to high to pay for an useless mutants like Mr X. This isn’t an ordinary court like with Sabertooth, the staff of that place is full of villains. Krakoa wouldn’t fall against the Sinister Six but they are more to give them problems and the last thing they need is more problems.
    If they do go to war over it, it's not because of the specific mutant holding there, it's the principal of the thing. Especially when we know that many of the consultants at Ravencroft seem to be involved with human supremacists, even if they themselves might not normally be against mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    ewww you're right, and He attacked Taki. What a POS
    OK - can someone remind me where this rape thing is that Tower did? Or when he attacked Taki? I remember none of those?

I did the google-izing, and can't find reference to it either?

EDIT: Found where he "attacked" Taki in New Mutants Annual #7. To be clear, Taki attacked him first. Yeah, he did step on Taki (who survived), but ... he's a villain. Still can't find the "rape" reference however?
    Last edited by Adam-X; 02-04-2020 at 07:19 PM.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

OK - can someone remind me where this rape thing is that Tower did? Or when he attacked Taki? I remember none of those?

I did the google-izing, and can't find reference to it either?

EDIT: Found where he "attacked" Taki in New Mutants Annual #7. To be clear, Taki attacked him first. Yeah, he did step on Taki (who survived), but ... he's a villain. Still can't find the "rape" reference however?
    he was stopped from raping a woman by the X-Cutioner (electrocuted Tower, killing him). his last appearance (before the necrosha stuff) was in uncanny x-men annual 17. it's the same issue that gives us the death of Jason Wyngarde. X-cutioner is on the front fighting Storm.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix7/toweraoe.htm
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 02-05-2020 at 07:25 AM.

to be fair to Tower, he's one of several x-villains that have been depicted as potential rapists in the past. some of it could be chalked up to writers having some kind of unconscious bias against mutants. this same scene played out in an issue of Daredevil where the Blob and Pyro kidnapped a young woman, presumably, to sexually assault her. you could say that the Blob has always been a pig. maybe he's believable as a rapist. but i try to take his entire history into account. he's probably been rejected by women on a regular basis. how often have we seen him flirt with a woman or intimate that he would take advantage of her? how about Pyro? they are both jerks. but i don't necessarily see it as in character for either of them to cross that line. btw, they end up losing to Daredevil, in part, because they are fighting over who gets to rape the woman. Mandrill's a walking roofie. and, of course, Whirlwind is also notorious for not taking 'no' for an answer when it comes to women.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    he was stopped from raping a woman by the X-Cutioner (electrocuted Tower, killing him). his last appearance (before the necrosha stuff) was in uncanny x-men annual 17. it's the same issue that gives us the death of Jason Wyngarde. X-cutioner is on the front fighting Storm.
    Ah ha! Thank you! I was just telling Nyssane who I PM'ed on here - that based on the info they told me via PM I was able to find a synopsis:

"Ranting about how he hated his job, the inebriated Tower seemed about to rape the waitress. That’s when he was murdered by the X-Cutioner. The killer used some sort of incendiary weapon to burn Tower to a crisp before he could react."

Crazy that I simply don't remember that part with the waitress. I remember him being drunk and pissed about the job he had - then being killed by X-Cutioner. Apparently, because I liked TOWER as a character back in the day - my brain refused to acknowledge this detail or something. (Or because it's been since the annual's original release since I've read that issue and I am old and forgetful... it's undoubtedly the latter of the two... but I hate acknowledging that I am old)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    to be fair to Tower, he's one of several x-villains that have been depicted as potential rapists in the past. some of it could be chalked up to writers having some kind of unconscious bias against mutants. this same scene played out in an issue of Daredevil where the Blob and Pyro kidnapped a young woman, presumably, to sexually assault her. you could say that the Blob has always been a pig. maybe he's believable as a rapist. but i try to take his entire history into account. he's probably been rejected by women on a regular basis. how often have we seen him flirt with a woman or intimate that he would take advantage of her? how about Pyro? they are both jerks. but i don't necessarily see it as in character for either of them to cross that line. btw, they end up losing to Daredevil, in part, because they are fighting over who gets to rape the woman. Mandrill's a walking roofie. and, of course, Whirlwind is also notorious for not taking 'no' for an answer when it comes to women.
    And... well, they're villains. Plenty of them (including Magneto - who sank an entire sub full of men - granted they were going to fire on him, but he's Magneto - they're in a sub - he could have just lifted it and done whatever - like ground it) - but a lot of them, such as one of my favorites - Sabretooth - are simply cold blooded killers. That's what makes them villains. Granted, it's easier to forgive a character who murders versus a character who (attempts to) rape.

right. and i'm sure that Sabretooth has defiled a few as well.

Maybe Elizabeth Guthrie should be Tower II and leave the other pos to rot.

I mean she would look cool in that costume.

Maybe Elizabeth Guthrie should be Tower II and leave the other pos to rot.
    I mean she would look cool in that costume.
    But don't we all have storylines that have happened - that we simply ignore?
    I feel like this page of him - seems out of character. He was a brute. He was stupid. He was mean. But we never ever saw this behavior before this panel.
    And I felt like it was there to make it so when X-Cutioner kills him, there's no remorse from the reader.

BANNED

But don't we all have storylines that have happened - that we simply ignore?
    I feel like this page of him - seems out of character. He was a brute. He was stupid. He was mean. But we never ever saw this behavior before this panel.
    And I felt like it was there to make it so when X-Cutioner kills him, there's no remorse from the reader.
    the X-cutioner was supposed to be th Punisher of mutants , so it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    the X-cutioner was supposed to be th Punisher of mutants , so it makes sense.
    Which is fine. But I prefer the (Sinister's) Marauders to X-Cutioner any day as the "Punisher(s) of mutants."

Hell, Scalphunter alone is a better character than X-Cutioner.

The best part of X-Cutioner was Jack Monroe getting all of his gear and adopting the "Scourge" identity to fight Red Skull in Thunderbolts.

This week’s books didn’t offer any glimpses of new Krakoan but it did show something potentially more interesting....

X-Force #6: Colossus and Domino share a tender moment on one of Krakoa’s coasts. But what’s more concerning is that Colossus appears to be painting his brother, Mikhail Rasputin. Last we knew, he was trapped in another dimension to keep the Rasputin family curse contained. What doom would his return spell?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Amazing Spider-Man #39: Chance, the Spider-Man/Daredevil villain, is running a betting operation involving the live footage of almost every superhero’s current fights. Amongst the villains we see, Sugar Man shows up despite his timely death in last year’s Uncanny X-Men opener. I guess we’re to assume that he was brought back by the good graces of the Five.

Fantastic Member

ok of all possible places or ways for a Sugar Man reappearance that seems one of the most random