Page 36 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    What? I didn't know she wasn't a mutant. Why would Sinister clone her, though? And what is she then? And shouldn't she be dead, since UXM events on the subway?
    She's a "mutate" given powers to by Magneto. I wouldn't mind if they just retcon that out and make the Savage Land Mutates into mutants, though. It doesn't make sense for Vertigo and Lorelei to always be with mutant groups when they aren't mutants themselves.

Also, the Marauders are just confusing. I think the original Vertigo is still in the Savage Land while the clones of her are still floating around here. But why she wasn't with the other clones in Hellions I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    How did they manage to cram another blonde into that issue?
    lmao I was thinking the same thing. just when we thought he was finished-

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Hellions #1: spoilers:
    Its the anniversary of the Mutant Massacre and Callisto’s cornered Greycrow with Morlocks. Cybelle, Erg, Piper, and Tommy are among the vengeful mutants.
    end of spoilers
    bless you for knowing all their names!! I knew they were all familiar faces

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    bless you for knowing all their names!! I knew they were all familiar faces
    Hyperfixation has its perks!

So the big reveal in Giant Size X-Men: Nightcrawler was that spoilers:
    Lady Mastermind never made it to Krakoa and was stuck in the mansion, unconsciously controlling the Sidri. Sooo I'm pretending the Mastermind we saw in HOX5 was Martinique.
    end of spoilers

So the big reveal in Giant Size X-Men: Nightcrawler was that spoilers:
    Lady Mastermind never made it to Krakoa and was stuck in the mansion, unconsciously controlling the Sidri. Sooo I'm pretending the Mastermind we saw in HOX5 was Martinique.
    end of spoilers
    She did make it. I just read it as she left and got caught

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It’s mostly because of how Kurt said it. I read this sentence as she’s finally joining Krakoa’s ranks.

Didn't she say she went to Westchester to use the portal and got caught? IE before getting to Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Didn't she say she went to Westchester to use the portal and got caught? IE before getting to Krakoa.
    She doesnt say it was before she got to Krakoa

It’s mostly because of how Kurt said it. I read this sentence as she’s finally joining Krakoa’s ranks.

I suppose. It could also be that he was unaware that she had been on Krakoa before. With thousands of mutants there, its easy to not know the entire population, especially those that you dont have a connection to and would be checking for. At least thats my no prize explanation
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-26-2020 at 02:56 PM.

Why make excuses for the writers? Hickman has said that Alan Davis drew and basically scripted the whole thing himself, so he obviously didn't pay attention to that House of X issue too much.

Everything in her dialogue points to she hasn't been to Krakoa yet.

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    Why make excuses for the writers? Hickman has said that Alan Davis drew and basically scripted the whole thing himself, so he obviously didn't pay attention to that House of X issue too much.

Everything in her dialogue points to she hasn't been to Krakoa yet.
    Like what? She has like two lines: "Ohhhhhhhh. What happened?" "I came to the mansion to use the gateway. I heard something and then....then...Thats all I can remember."

Thats really not all that definitive of her having never been on Krakoa and its easy enough to explain away without going through hoops as some major plothole

Wow, I didn't read Nightcrawler but it does suck that there's already these kinds of inconsistencies.

Like what? She has like two lines: "Ohhhhhhhh. What happened?" "I came to the mansion to use the gateway. I heard something and then....then...Thats all I can remember."

Thats really not all that definitive of her having never been on Krakoa and its easy enough to explain away without going through hoops as some major plothole
    Yeah but Doug’s right there and he oversaw the villains arriving on Krakoa with Sage.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Wow, I didn't read Nightcrawler but it does suck that there's already these kinds of inconsistencies.
    I figured it would happen at some point but there should’ve been a collab of writers and artists making a spreadsheet of what mutants aren’t on Krakoa.

I figured it would happen at some point but there should’ve been a collab of writers and artists making a spreadsheet of what mutants aren’t on Krakoa.
    They could even just look at the Marvel wiki if there isn't an official spreadsheet going throughout the X-Office (which I'm almost positive there would be; the writers probably just don't look at it and the editors don't care).

It's the same thing with Prism this week; Scalphunter was said to be the only Marauder on Krakoa but we had already seen Prism previously.

Why are you so against admitting writer's error?
    Mistakes happen, just live with it instead of coming up with nonsense that you've inserted yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    Why are you so against admitting writer's error?
    Mistakes happen, just live with it instead of coming up with nonsense that you've inserted yourself.
    Have you never wanted a no-prize?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”