Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    I think it's approximately 10 years (could be 9, 11,12, 13) since Xavier met Moira (Year X-0)

And the House of X #1 could be between 9 months to a year after the last event of Uncanny X-Men, from when they're spreading Krakoa flowers in several places till they're fully grown into Habitats.
    That's not accurate. He met her at Oxford, when she was 16 at year 0, and is now 52 at Year 10. It's orders of magnitude, and doesn't represent a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    That's not accurate. He met her at Oxford, when she was 16 at year 0, and is now 52 at Year 10. It's orders of magnitude, and doesn't represent a decade.
    Which life? And did the X-men fight a baby proteus then? Moira gave birth to Proteus a 31 and her and charles recruited Magneto when she was 43. And most mutants powers manifest at puberty. Proteus would be 12 at that point. So the X-men were running around and all these stories were happening while Mira was pregnant?
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-07-2019 at 07:12 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Which life? And did the X-men fight a baby proteus then? Moira gave birth to Proteus a 31 and her and charles recruited Magneto when she was 42. And most mutants powers manifest at puberty. Proteus would be 12 at that point. So the X-men were running around and all these stories were happening while Moira was pregnant?
    Nothing I said suggests that at all. Moira gave birth to Kevin at 31, and, going with what JDW has said, the X-Men formed 12-13 years ago, or around 8-9 years later.
    How would that indicate Moira being pregnant while the X-Men are running around?

And you keep mentioning Charles and Moira recruiting Magneto when we haven't seen the story or moment they're referring to. There's no reason to believe it's before the X-Men are formed, at all.

Nothing I said suggests that at all. Moira gave birth to Kevin at 31, and, going with what JDW has said, the X-Men formed 12-13 years ago, or around 8-9 years later.
    How would that indicate Moira being pregnant while the X-Men are running around?

And you keep mentioning Charles and Moira recruiting Magneto when we haven't seen the story or moment they're referring to. There's no reason to believe it's before the X-Men are formed, at all.
    The numbers don't add up but i think i get what your saying. Your adding more time into what is clearly indicated as a period of actual time. There is a 21 year span of time between when Moira gave birth and where we are now in the time line. So either way given the time line for the X-men to have to have fought Proteus so early it couldn't be more than 10 years since he was at least a teen by the time we saw him in Uncanny X-men 125.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Do you really want the Original 4 to be in their 60's?

Spectacular Member

The numbers don't add up but i think i get what your saying. Your adding more time into what is clearly indicated as a period of actual time. There is a 21 year span of time between when Moira gave birth and where we are now in the time line. So either way given the time line for the X-men to have to have fought Proteus so early it couldn't be more than 10 years since he was at least a teen by the time we saw him in Uncanny X-men 125.
    You're making another assumption though, because we don't know he was a teen in Uncanny X-Men 125. For one, it never states that in the story itself, and Mutants have their powers activate early all the time. But even so, previously established ages in Marvel comics cannot be used and won't work as time markers, because they're going to end up being contradicted.

That's explicitly how the editorial team making these books is operating, and it makes all this make a lot more sense.

You're making another assumption though, because we don't know he was a teen in Uncanny X-Men 125. For one, it never states that in the story itself, and Mutants have their powers activate early all the time. But even so, previously established ages in Marvel comics cannot be used and won't work as time markers, because they're going to end up being contradicted.

That's explicitly how the editorial team making these books is operating, and it makes all this make a lot more sense.
    They should tell that to the writers then because it takes a lot more assuming to get where you are than it does where i am. I am literally adding the ages he has there. You have to assume Proteus powers manifested early, assume that 10 years is really 12 or 13, and rely on behind the scenes knowledge to get to that point. That's a lot of work for something that should be so easy if it is unequivocally the case.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jcubed View Post
    Nah, the “four real years to every Marvel year” model worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    You're right. The quote Havok83 made came out way before the issue did. I'm going by what was printed in the HOX#2 as well.
    What Im referring to is a quote released on Monday

Quote Originally Posted by jcubed View Post
    I just find it weird that some take JDW word at their supposedly being 12-13 years that passed but he's also the same guy who said Cyclops is 27. So was cyclops now 15 when he Joined the X-men instead of 17. Which in of itself would invalidate their argument about the stories we saw happen.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Spectacular Member

They should tell that to the writers then because it takes a lot more assuming to get where you are than it does where i am. I am literally adding the ages he has there. You have to assume Proteus powers manifested early, assume that 10 years is really 12 or 13, and rely on behind the scenes knowledge to get to that point. That's a lot of work for something that should be so easy if it is unequivocally the case.
    The "assume that ten is really 12-13" isn't true. 10 comes from a badly communicated scene, but the Xavier/Moira meeting is clearly while they're at Oxford, and isn't meant to be 10 years before she's 52, by any measure.

You're right that they do a bad job of illustrating it, but I'm not having to do any work at all. They've never said the timeline is only 10 years, not once, and I'm not making any bigger assumption about Proteus's age than you are.

Mighty Member

Some of you all ����

The "assume that ten is really 12-13" isn't true. 10 comes from a badly communicated scene, but the Xavier/Moira meeting is clearly while they're at Oxford, and isn't meant to be 10 years before she's 52, by any measure.

You're right that they do a bad job of illustrating it, but I'm not having to do any work at all. They've never said the timeline is only 10 years, not once, and I'm not making any bigger assumption about Proteus's age than you are.
    I think your confused. I'm not saying there is only 10 years in the time line. I'm saying the X-men have been formed for 10 years or less. If you go by the editor like you like to do and cyclops is now 27. 27-10 = 17. Cyclops joined the X-men at 17 thereby Moira was 42 when Scott was 17 which by the time line would be the year before Moira and Xavier recruited Magneto. So anyway you look at it the X-men have only been active in the MU for 10 years or less based on all your own information. And thats not even mentioning the panel that says there is a flat out lost decade. IN time line 4 Moira and Xavier started the institute at 35 so the X-men were around 10 years longer in time line 4 then they have been in time line 10. I can't really explain it any other way when it's right there. So in effect it is a retcon/reboot/ whatever and i'm loving the genius of it.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I'm fine with 10 years. I always played it so it was like every 5 or 6 years of real time was one year of their time, so I was at about year 12 or 13, at most, in my own head canon.
    And for me, it's been every 3 or 4 years of real time is a year for Marvel. Kitty's age makes no sense if it's 5 or 6.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 08-08-2019 at 05:31 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    And for me, it's been every 3 or 4 years of real time is a year for Marvel. Kitty's age makes no sense if it's 5 or 6.
    There was never such a rule. Except in headcanons, which is fine of course.