Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"The two things I've really focused on is to tell stories from the heart – tell stories I'd want to read as a reader and as a fan – and then also in order to move forward in the future, we cannot forget the past. We have to look at what other writers and other creators did and find a path that respects the previous comics, that builds upon the stories that were there to move us into the future for the line."
    this is very important, moving forward ignoring the past just harms the franchise

"And the thing about the Powers of X and House of X [stuff] is that there's been a lot of terms thrown out about it. 'It's a reboot! It's a relaunch! It's a rebranding!' It's really none of that," Cebulski explained. "We don't really do that. Everything that happened in X-Men up to Matt Rosenberg's Uncanny X-Men #22 was a part of this plan. We've been building this for two years with the writers. Everybody knew where this was going and that their tenures were going to end and that they were contributing to this story that Jonathan was telling – putting the pieces in place that were going to be needed. So what happened in Matt's #22 is going to directly influence what Jonathan has planned. That's what people don't understand."
    Hummm

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

Hummm
    It's hilarious that anyone thinks this is anything but the case. It's pretty clear what Rosenberg wanted to do, and what Rosenberg needed to do.

Did Polaris launching Krakoa into space still happen? Did her surviving the Genoshan genocide still happen? Was she still part of House of M?

Cause so far, it looks to me like this event is saying those things never happened. Or else we'd see them mean something here.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Not sure the new direction is for me (but then again, I've always been more interested in specific X-Men characters and sub-series then the flagship team ones). Hope those who're reading it like it.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

X-Men writers after Hickman: *dies*
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    X-Men writers after Hickman: *dies*
    Yeah, if I were a writer I'd be thinking there's no way I'd ever top that.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Hmm
    So everything continues from were Rosenberg left it. With all the death people coming back of panel and everything, I thought everybody was ignoring that.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

At this point...It's HiX-Man's vision.
    To paraphrase Magneto: We have a new God now. (and yes...I'm knocking back the sacramental wine like it's happy hour at my favourite bar on a Friday night)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Hmm
    So everything continues from were Rosenberg left it. With all the death people coming back of panel and everything, I thought everybody was ignoring that.
    We're three books in and the most we've gotten is a background banshee.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I can think of several ways. And someone will, ten years from now.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I can think of several ways. And someone will, ten years from now.
    Probably not going to happen.

I think that, unless we are directly told otherwise, everything from regular X-Men continuity has still happened. Perhaps some of the individual motivations will change and certain characters will now have to be acknowledged as liars, in retrospect, but the actual events aren't going to be removed from history nor forgotten.

Furthermore, one interesting bit from this C.B. Cebulski interview that hasn't been mentioned before is the idea of a three year Hickman run as the minimum length for this extended story arc. I hadn't seen that specific figure thrown around before. Which is good. Presumably they might want to add a year or two, depending on sales performance, as other interviews have suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I hate for anyone coming after Hickman, and it will be years before we get another huge, defining run.

It's gonna be another Claremont--those other guys--Morrison.

When Nick Spencer comes in after Hick's thicc comiccs and writes the X-Leftovers, imma necro this topic.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate