Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Chimera Speculation + Create Your Own Children Of The Atom (HoX/PoXspoilers)

I wanted to open discussion and speculation regarding the revelation of engineered 'Chimera' mutants, as depicted in Jonathan Hickman's duel-miniseries House Of X/Powers of X. So I've established a little activity that I thought y'all might want to participate in

Firstly, take a stab at which mutant DNA Cylobel, Percival & Cardinal possess as genetically modified Chimeras. Provide any reasoning for your thoughts, and we'll see if anyone is proven right provided their DNA sample is provided in a future issues 'information pages'.

Secondly, create your own Chimera/s. Creations may be a Second Generation or Third Generation mutant, keeping in mind outliers and hounds, and what their powersets may require in order to fit those archetypes.

Rules:

1. Mutant power levels are ranked 1-10, ten being omega level, so please keep in mind realistic strength of the mutants you’re using for your chimeras, and how that in turn would impact power levels of the Chimera who possesses said X-Gene.
    2. No more than 18 ‘points’ allocated across the X-Genes (Using Rasputin IV as the basis here)
    3. The inclusion of DNA from Mutants of Earth 1191, Earth 811, Earth 1610, 2099 and AoA are permitted, given they are what I perceive to be the ‘overlapping timelines’, and may come to pass in some shape or form before we reach the established Year 100 'The War'. Meaning Shard, Ruby Summers, Skullfire, Blink etc. are allowed.
    4. Feel free to include a biography and/or more details regarding your chimeras aesthetic, personality, combined powerset or any other relevant details. Hell, if you've artistic ability or know someone who does, art of the created character would be super cool too!

I've provided a basic standard example below

Codename: Veritas

DNA sample

Fixx Psionic Sprites 3
    Kwannon Telepathy 3
    Abbott Astral Projection 5
    Gwynn Wings, Hallucinogenic Dust & Innate Magical Potential 5
    Morgan Energy Projection 2

CHIMERA.jpg

Chimera2.jpg

Ok lets give this a test run

Codename: Helios

DNA sample

Da Costa Solar Energy Absorption 5

Shaara Plasma Projection 5

Aquilla Geotectonic Control 4

Okonkwo
    temperature manipulation 2

Howlett Healing 2

Sunspot
    -ability to absorb solar energy and convert it for use as physical strength

Thunderbird
    -ability to transform the molecules of his body into solar plasma

Magma
    -Ability to generate and control lava

Oya-
    -temperature manipulation

Wolverine
    -regenerative healing factor

Just a simple fire type.Rasputin look like she was design to be ultimate defensive type. So I decide to try to do that theme with a fire user. Idie and Wolverine are added for real world issues with fire user might have like controlling how hot their fire should be or putting their fires. Healing factor is just in case fire reaches point where it can damage the user. This was kinda fun I will make another one later
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 08-07-2019 at 09:48 PM.

maybe a lil off topic but have we seen Percival or is all we know that he’s dead and called “the ghost”?

Mutant Name
    Overkill

Puceanu - elemental metamorph - 5
    Muñoz - reactive metamorph - 5
    Marshall - proactive metamorph - 5
    Astrovik - psychokinesis - 2
    Wagner - teleportation - 1

Codename: Niemand

Callasantos Acute Senses 5
    Tager Inaudibility 3
    Borkowski Enhanced Agility 4
    ForgetMeNot Telepathic Imperceptibility 3
    Clayton Multiple-Voiced Mouths 3

Early in the Hound Program, Niemands were sent to do elaborate assassinations of suspected mutant leaders to stop possible insurrections that could halt the progress of the Man-Machine Ascendancy. Once a power used for diversion tactics on missions, Niemands used their uniquely tuned voices to communicate messages of an uprising between each other. They were all swiftly eliminated by Nimrod’s Hunters when a faithful Niemand caught wind of their plan.

They are very friendly with combat-oriented Chimeras, but generally wanted nothing to do with Cardinals or duplicitous black-brains.

————————

The makeup of the Chimeras besides Rasputin are honestly a mystery. I can only imagine that Percival has Elixir (maybe some Cypher and someone with postcognition) DNA in them.

I'm kind of not sure on what I'm doing so excuse me if I'm wrong

Codename: Wild Kill

Sabretooth - Healing Factor-5
    Beast - Super Athleticism-4
    Bliss (Morlock) - Poisonous Venom-3
    Chamber - Psionic Biokinesis-3
    Riptide - Bodily Rotation-2

I like the idea of choosing powers that would complement each other, taking some mutants who may not be the most powerful individually and combining them into something more.

Cyclops - eyes that blast out pure kinetic force beams
    Eye Boy - multiple eyes around the body, increased vision and accuracy
    Mystique - shapeshifting
    This chimera would have eyes all over they're body, any one of which could start shooting optic blasts (without Scott's brain damage they would have control). They could blast in any direction, they could see enemies coming and attack them from the back of their head.
    I'd give them a more limited version of Mystique's shapeshifting, just so that they could move some eyes around their body and concentrate blasts from multiple eyes onto a single target.

Sunspot - absorbs and converts photonic energy into super strength
    Surge - absorbs and converts electricity into super speed
    Sebastian Shaw - absorbs and converts kinetic (and other types of)n energy into enhanced strength, speed, durability and stamina
    This chimera would be a tank, they could take just about anything the Man-Machine Supremacy can throw at them without taking any damage, but getting the energy to beat them down in the process.

Morph - empathic shapeshifting
    Prodigy - limited instant telepathic mimicry
    Hindsight - psychometry
    Collective Man - bio-psionic link
    This Chimera would actually be a set of Hound brothers, engineered to send agents to infiltrate the mutant army, use Morph's shapeshifting and the psychoactive reactions to get close to and trusted by the mutant leadership and then instantly transmit knowledge, skills and memories back to their brothers at the sentinel base.

BANNED

Codename: Veritas

Fixx Psionic Sprites 3
    Kwannon Telepathy 3
    Abbott Astral Projection 5
    Gwynn Wings, Hallucinogenic Dust & Innate Magical Potential 4
    Morgan Energy Projection 2

Combat operative genetically engineered for X-Gene synergy. One of Sinister's many trial runs in obtaining a Chimera capable of magical feats, after many failed attempts. Proved incapable too, leaving Sinister to conclude that magical capabilities are inherited moreso through the natural bloodline, and are seemingly difficult or nigh impossible to replicate through the usage of the sciences at his disposal. Veritas fought alongside Rasputin in The War but was slain in the field, impaled by Nimrod as she was fleeing the battlefield through a Krakoa gateway.

Codename: Fortuity

Aaronson Bio-electric Field 2
    Carver Psychometry 4
    Gallo Superhuman Agility & Precognitive 'Danger sense' 5
    Shaw Molecular Density Manipulation 1
    Thurman Probability Manipulation 6

Genetically engineered for infiltration and investigation. Knowledge of her existence is kept on a 'need-to-know' basis, given the top secret intelligence she's gathered for her creator/employer. Unlike most of her kind, Fortuity was bred by Miss Sinister, who replicated Mister Sinister's process in one of his labs to gather a small strikeforce at her beck and call.
    Last edited by King_Thor13; 08-08-2019 at 04:42 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    maybe a lil off topic but have we seen Percival or is all we know that he’s dead and called “the ghost”?
    We lost him before we got a chance to see what he can do, so outside of his brief appearance at the beginning of PoX #1, all we know is that he's a 'ghost' and that his codename may contain a clue, as is the case with Cardinal. My brief research only showed a Sir Percival who sought out the holy grail, which doesn't give us much.

Percival.jpg Percival2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    The makeup of the Chimeras besides Rasputin are honestly a mystery. I can only imagine that Percival has Elixir (maybe some Cypher and someone with postcognition) DNA in them.
    My guesses right now, taking a few clues and stretching my imagination a little:

Percival: Abbott, Carver, Foley, Ramsey & Slips

Cylobel: Forte, Haddad, Sage, Whisper Doll & Wyngarde

Cardinal: de la Rocha & Wagner

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I like the idea of choosing powers that would complement each other, taking some mutants who may not be the most powerful individually and combining them into something more.
    Love that! I've a few more in mind that have synergistic powersets but I'm gonna space them out.

Here is a couple more

Codename Bloodhound

Hawkins Multiple eyes 3
    Carver Psychometry 4
    Aldine Precog 4
    Hewlett- Enhanced Senses 1
    Japheth -Sentient techno-organic "slugs" 6

Genetically engineered for tracking. Mr. Sinister failed many times at mixing the DNA of what he thought would be the perfect tracker until he added what he thought was throw away mutation to mix which turn out to be key.

Codename Brain Box

Ramsey-Superhuman intuitive Language learning- 3
    Alleyne- Absorb and Mimic knowledge-3
    Forge-Superhuman intuitive talent at inventing-4
    Tessa- Supercomputer Mind-4
    Bradley -Self-evolved" intellect-4

In trying to be efficient Mr. Sinister created a Chimera to assist him in his experiments. A decision which nearly turned out to be fatal as BrainBox using his vast intellect lead a small uprising against him. Fortunately for Sinister,He foresaw something like this happening he had put in a fail-safe into DNA to kill this batch of Chimera. Or so he thought Brainbox had removed this flaw from himself, pretended to be dead and escaped.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 08-08-2019 at 04:12 AM.

So fun!

Here’s mine:

Mutant Name: Control
    Given Name: Roisin Lee

Manh psionic possession 5
    Trinary technopathy 4
    Cassidy chlorokinesis 2
    Tessa computer mind 3
    Selene telekinetic animation 3

Barricade

Sebastion Shaw - Absorb Energy - 5
    Guido Carosella - Absorb Energy - 3
    Lucas Bishop - Absorb Energy - 4

Victor Creed - Healing Factor - 4
    James Proudstar - Super Strength/Invulnerabilty - 2

Fantastic Member

Sabotage:

Tessa- Supercomputer Mind-4
    Kitty Pryde - intangibility - 3
    Kurt Wagner - teleportation, shadow blend - 4
    Emma Frost - telepathy 3
    Hijack -technopath 3

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GigaBalls View Post
    Barricade

Sebastion Shaw - Absorb Energy - 5
    Guido Carosella - Absorb Energy - 3
    Lucas Bishop - Absorb Energy - 4

Victor Creed - Healing Factor - 4
    James Proudstar - Super Strength/Invulnerabilty - 2
    Ooh, combining Shaw and Bishop is a great example of synergy, as it turns their individual attack-absorbing self-buffing powers into a more complete package. Having a baseline level of super-strength/toughness from Proudstar, and regeneration from Creed, only getting even tougher as he gets hit, just is the icing on the cake.

Another example of synergistic powers might be to combine Gambit, Goldballs (or Marrow) and Boom-Boom (among others), to get someone that creates actual physical bombs or projectiles that they can charge up for devastating hits, or set to explode later. (Although using other mutants, like Sam Guthrie, to add some defensive / movement utility powers to the set could be important, too. Lots of mutants have a great offensive power, but no defense (like Cyclops, Havoc, Dazzler or Banshee), or a great defensive power and nothing else (Unus, Unuscione), or a utility power like telepathy, or just a 'movement' power like Angel or Nightcrawler, so I prefer to mix it up and get something that covers multiple areas (like how Cannonball's power can be used as a defense, for flight, or even as an offensive power by ramming into people), or combining mutants who otherwise have 'gaps in coverage.')
    Last edited by Sutekh; 08-08-2019 at 10:44 AM.

BANNED

Codename: ElecDjinn

Ashida Electrical Absorption 3
    Backes Technological Assimilation 5
    Hexadecimal Techokinesis 4
    Jeffries Technokinetic Transmutation 3
    Trinary Technopathy 3

Created as a mutant capable of upgrading and integrating into Sinister's machinery, thus boosting the effectiveness of the Cerebro system, cloning pods, mutant database etc. in addition to boosting the offensive and defensive technology at Sinister's disposal. ElecDjinn from 'birth', seemed to sink into Sinister's systems and quickly become lost in the expansiveness of the Krakoa ecosystem and Sinister's established machines. ElecDjinn has little sense of self outside of protocol and self-preservation, as the individual has been lost to the machine. Speaks in third person, and feels very detached from their emotions. As a consequence of being apart of the Krakoa system, destruction of any parts of Krakoa are felt by ElecDjinn.

Codename: Echidna

Aliclair Acidic Sweat 2
    Bliss Prehensile Tongue, Poisonous Venom & Hyperextendable Jaw 3
    Cluney Acidic Vomit 4
    Japheth Sentient Digestive System 3
    Toynbee Flexible Bone Structure & Paralytic Resin 4

These monstrous chimeras are bred specifically for cannon fodder and subservience. Considered repulsive by even their Chimera peers, these mutants are outcasts, and have no attachment to any of Sinister other creations, save perhaps the Cardinals, who through their faith have some sympathy for them.