Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    Incredible Member Dr. Skeleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    811

    Default Liefeld loses rights to youngblood

    Apparently, Rob Liefeld loses the rights to his flagship characters and will apparently be adopted to a new company pretty much adding the final nail in the coffin for the Image Superhero Universe. Here's the whole story.

    https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/rob-li...gblood-dispute

  2. #2
    Fantastic Member dimo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Sounds incredible, but that‘s the business world.

  3. #3
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,862

    Default

    That's too bad. But honestly the readership has moved past YB. The Bowers book despite being good only made it to 11 issues.

  4. #4
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Todd dodge another bullet with him bringing Jessica priest into the comics and retcon chapel as spawn's killer.

  5. #5
    Incredible Member Adset's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Oh, Rob.

    I liked the most recent Youngblood, too. I was jazzed that #1 referenced Judgement Day, and it looked like we were going to get a story somewhere along the line tying into it. But then, yeah. Series ended abruptly.

    Does he still own Supreme? Give us more Supreme.

  6. #6
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    18,743

    Default

    So basically Scott Rosenberg stole the rights from under him? That sounds like fraud, because Liefeld never signed away the rights.

  7. #7
    Astonishing Member cranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So basically Scott Rosenberg stole the rights from under him? That sounds like fraud, because Liefeld never signed away the rights.
    Well, Liefeld 'sold' the rights when he did the deal to bring in two partners.

  8. #8
    Incredible Member Dr. Skeleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    Oh, Rob.

    I liked the most recent Youngblood, too. I was jazzed that #1 referenced Judgement Day, and it looked like we were going to get a story somewhere along the line tying into it. But then, yeah. Series ended abruptly.

    Does he still own Supreme? Give us more Supreme.
    The same with Supreme, sadly.

  9. #9
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    To me/for me, I really haven't really liked Youngblood as much as I did back during vol #1 up through the Prophet and Supreme premieres. I haven't really cared for any of the reboots at all. While it sucks that Rob lost the rights of something he created, that's a story as old as comics themselves, IF Rosenberg could go back to that original version of the characters, a good writer and a very good writer I might get interested in the property again.

  10. #10
    Mighty Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    1,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    To me/for me, I really haven't really liked Youngblood as much as I did back during vol #1 up through the Prophet and Supreme premieres. I haven't really cared for any of the reboots at all.
    Agreed. Creatively speaking, the first volume had a strong start because of the original cast of characters.

    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    While it sucks that Rob lost the rights of something he created, that's a story as old as comics themselves, IF Rosenberg could go back to that original version of the characters, a good writer and a very good writer I might get interested in the property again.
    Agreed. Although, the downside would be the loss of Liefeld's enthusiastic artwork.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 08-14-2019 at 05:10 PM.

  11. #11
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Sad to read But I hope we get a more steady YB book coming out. Much as I love Liefeld's work, I hate how his series' ends midplot without any resolutions.

  12. #12
    Fantastic Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    That's too bad. But honestly the readership has moved past YB. The Bowers book despite being good only made it to 11 issues.
    Yeah, I was really enjoying the new book. It did a nice job incorporating what came before, and moving in its own direction.

    As for Rob, I can’t help but feel sorry for him. He’s taken a lot of crap over the years, and deservedly so in some cases, but he’s always seemed like someone i’d Like to have few beers with.

  13. #13
    Unapologetic Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Department H
    Posts
    2,103

    Default

    Ugh. This is too bad to hear, but hopefully we’ll get a more consistent book, with a sustainable direction.

  14. #14

    Default

    It would be great if the book were great, but seeing how the new rights-holder is acting on Twitter leaves me... Unconvinced that he'll get anyone with a name to work with him.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

  15. #15
    Astonishing Member Dark-Flux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    It would be great if the book were great, but seeing how the new rights-holder is acting on Twitter leaves me... Unconvinced that he'll get anyone with a name to work with him.
    I just got through reading his interactions with Erik Larsen.

    He goes from pitching Larsen on what he can do for SD (lol), to claiming his Youngblood will sell 2 million copies, to threatening Larsen for calling him out, to claiming that he and Larsen and gonna launch a Savage Dragon book. Guy is a nut.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •