Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Single moment within Dark Phoenix saga to shape the future of Marvel comics

Screen Shot 2019-08-25 at 6.26.46 PM.jpg
    Today at the D23 Expo, Marvel Comics Editor-in-chief C.B. Cebulski and Executive Editor Tom Brevoort revealed the comic book one-shot that will shape the future of Marvel Comics into 2020 and beyond. From a single moment in the pages of the Dark Phoenix Saga to the events of Marvel Comics of today.
    Any guesses what that moment might be?

Whose silhouette is that?

Didn't somebody make the Phoenix force into a sword or something?

That's Hulking with his magic sword, "Excelsior". As far as I know, neither is related to the Phoenix.

got nothing for any of the other Qs but the silhouette is Hulkling

Ok, maybe when Jean destroyed that solar system was the first cosmic event caused by earthlings that alerted the great powers of space?

Something like "****, Earth is dangerous."

This reminds me of when supposedly something was going to change the Dark Phoenix Saga and the history of Marvel forever and it was only the cosmic Ghost rider making cameos.

This announcement is nothing serious, just more cheap clickbait.

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    This reminds me of when supposedly something was going to change the Dark Phoenix Saga and the history of Marvel forever and it was only the cosmic Ghost rider making cameos.

This announcement is nothing serious, just more cheap clickbait.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    And?
    outside of maybe HOX/POX nothing of that will change the story of the Marvel universe forever

And?
    outside of maybe HOX/POX nothing of that will change the story of the Marvel universe forever
    You probably know more than Cebulski

Hmmm...

I guess it's Hulkling but that sword and pose are vaguely He-Man.

But Dark Phoenix? I'm going to guess it has something to do w/the M'Kraan Crystal which Fandom Wiki says

.. the crystal was was often referred to as the "Nexus of all Realities". Every million years, when nine galaxies, seen as mere stars from the homeworld, enter a certain alignment, the Crystal would open a gateway to what legend said was absolute power.
    That pose and sword... "I have the power" indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    You probably know more than Cebulski
    Not need to.
    Anybody with a brain that has followed Marvel could suspect the same after all the universe shattering, forever universe changing stories Marvel brags about.

Last edited by fsger; 08-25-2019 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Hmmm...

I guess it's Hulkling but that sword and pose are vaguely He-Man.

But Dark Phoenix? I'm going to guess it has something to do w/the M'Kraan Crystal which Fandom Wiki says

That pose and sword... "I have the power" indeed.
    humm really interesting. I would like to see Jean on a Marvel event, make decades since she interacted with broad Marvel universe out of x-books

Not need to.
    Anybody with a brain that has followed Marvel could suspect the same after all the universe shattering, forever universe changing stories Marvel brags about.

C.B. Cebulski and Executive Editor Tom Brevoort revealed the comic book one-shot that will shape the future of Marvel Comics into 2020 and beyond.
    I guess they changed the marketing

It’s probably something to do with the M’Kraan Crystal initiating another galactic war. Last time Shi’Ar beat Kree. Maybe this time Skrulls will beat Shi’Ar.

BANNED

the comic book one-shot that will shape the future of Marvel Comics into 2020 and beyond
    i sleep

/10char

I watched the d23 panel (and oof it was kind of painful — a great opportunity to reach out to non-comics people and they sent Cebulski and Brevoort to nerd out for like an hour and a half, narrating a slideshow of Marvel’s history with the kind of digressions that made me picture a thousand eyes glazing over.)

But this announcement came at the very end as they finished talking about Marvel Comics #1000 and #1001, and they presented this as a very similar type of project with a lot of big creators involved, giving a preview of what’s coming in 2020. (I think they said this will release on the last Wednesday of this year.)

So I’m expecting kind of a ‘jam’ or anthology type comic. Definitely wouldn’t be surprised if Hickman is contributing something X-Men related, maybe somewhat disconnected from the other stories. Unless the rest of the MU is really running with the “mutants upsetting global power dynamics” thing in the next year, which I guess I would if I was writing Captain America or Iron Man or whatever.

Silhouette, probably Hulkling.. is it referring to him uniting the Kree and Skrulls, or is that thinking too small — maybe that’s just one element? Could there be some kind of galactic power struggle, with the mutants getting involved via the Shi’ar?

Or mayyybe the silhouette could be the character who’s supposed to be introduced in Marvel 1000, since this is kind of a followup to that, but maybe just in terms of editorial scope and not an actual story followup. Probably Hulkling.

Well, at least we know following HOX/POX... Dark Phoenix saga remains canon...