Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    John Wesley Shipp on DAWSON'S CREEK, ALL MY CHILDREN, NYPD BLUE and the CW FLASH--and probably other TV shows, as well. I started watching both DAWSON'S CREEK and the CW FLASH, because JWS was in the cast. And I'm still bitter how he was treated on those shows.
    Was John Wesley Shipp on All My Children? I know he was on Guiding Light.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Retired

He was on ALL MY CHILDREN, but he played an abusive husband and his storyline didn't last for very long.

BANNED

Alexandra in The Defenders ultimately filled no purpose other than to pad the series to enough episodes.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Alexandra in The Defenders ultimately filled no purpose other than to pad the series to enough episodes.
    Several of the Hand villains got a lot of talk (Soweto and the scary death touch nerve strike thing? All hat. No cat.), but ultimately came up short. Soweto and the Japanese 'world's greatest hunter' dude, particularly. But yeah, Alexandra didn't even have scary *potential,* she just got a lot of screen time because Sigourney Weaver is awesome. (But the character was deadly dull.)

At least Madame Gao mysteriously turned into Yoda, and went from old half-cripple to force-pushing super-fighter.

Retired

I wouldn't call it a favourite movie, but I finally got around to watching ENCHANTED (2007), in this past year, and it's a movie that has a lot of singing in it. Idina Menzel plays a supporting role--and I was waiting for the moment when she would break into song--and she never did. So they hired Idina Menzel to be in a musical Disney movie about a fairy tale princess--but they didn't have her sing!
    Last edited by Jim Kelly; 08-10-2019 at 03:46 PM.

Mr. Trick from Buffy.

I know they'd already kept two vampires past the original plan, but I really would have loved some more Mr. Trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Several of the Hand villains got a lot of talk (Soweto and the scary death touch nerve strike thing? All hat. No cat.), but ultimately came up short. Soweto and the Japanese 'world's greatest hunter' dude, particularly. But yeah, Alexandra didn't even have scary *potential,* she just got a lot of screen time because Sigourney Weaver is awesome. (But the character was deadly dull.)

At least Madame Gao mysteriously turned into Yoda, and went from old half-cripple to force-pushing super-fighter.
    The Hand was really all over the place in the Net Flicks shows. I'm not entirely convinced Gao was even supposed to be a part of the Hand in her first couple of appearances... she seemed more like a competitor or rival. But she was pretty awesome regardless.

I thought Alexanda was okay. She wasn't great and didn't do as much as I thought she would, but she had a strong presence that helped to carry at least the early part of the series.

Extraordinary Member

Khalil in Black Lightning. What they did to him was unforgivable I stopped watching the show after they killed him off.

Mark from Kenan and Kel.

Veronica Mars is littered with useless characters after Season One. Season One was so intricately plotted where every character had a purpose to the overarching plot to the point where once the Lily Kane murder was solved, the writers had to try really heard to justify the existence of these characters going forward. But, ironically the most wasted after Season One was probably Wallace who was the least involved in the main plot of Season One and was there to give Veronica a friend. He had nothing to do from Season 2 on.

Pete Ross and Lana Lang from Smallville. Clark's friendship with Pete mattered less and less as the show went on and they never did anything of significance with Pete's hatred of the Luthors. Lana was hurt by the writers giving her role as Clark's secret keeper to Chloe and putting her in a Ross and Rachel style relationship that tried the audience's patience.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Khalil in Black Lightning. What they did to him was unforgivable I stopped watching the show after they killed him off.
    spoilers:
    He may not be dead actually.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Agent Z; 08-12-2019 at 10:48 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Pete Ross and Lana Lang from Smallville. Clark's friendship with Pete mattered less and less as the show went on and they never did anything of significance with Pete's hatred of the Luthors. Lana was hurt by the writers giving her role as Clark's secret keeper to Chloe and putting her in a Ross and Rachel style relationship that tried the audience's patience.
    Actually Lana as the secret keeper wasn't really her role until recently. I was bothered more by Lana being made an also ran (the showrunners had Lois as endgame from day 1) . And she always had a more take charge personality. Like Lois she was never a passive victim but almost always had put herself in whatever trouble occurred.