Default Amazon's Event Horizon

They're making a show based on the 1997 film, about a vanished experimental starship that mysteriously returns from it's maiden voyage after nearly a decade. A rescue crew, including the ship's designer, are sent out to rescue any surviving crew after a cryptic log fragment is found. However, turns out the ship brought went somewhere beyond the universe and came back with something terrible....

The movie was kind of a mix of various sci-fi "ghost ship" cliches, and is sort of often called the "Shining in space" (As the rescue crew encounters many haunting visions and there's increasing evidence throughout the film that something terrible happened to the previous crew) although there's certainly some "Alien" influence there too. The film has also received comparisons To Disney's early attempt to capitalize on STAR WARS, 1979's The Black Hole; mainly, the mad scientist, a missing crew and a black hole with supernatural dimensions.

It featured Laurence Fishburne and Sam Neill primarily, as well as Jasoon Isaacs and Kathleen Quinlan.

The film was one of Paul W.S Anderson's earlier efforts, and despite his kind of mixed reputation with films later on EH has become a bit of a cult classic. Apparently early cuts of the film-including scenes involving the ship's journey through hell and the potential fates of the rescue crew-was considered too gory, and scenes were cut that have become a sort of legend for fans, although the recovered footage was re-discovered in mostly unusable shape.

So I'm wondering how Amazon is going to approach this subject. Will it feature more details of the original crew and what made them go mad? Who will be cast etc? How will they stretch the story out etc?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I saw this as a small child on TV by accident cause I recognized The actors.(at the time to me it was the Jurrassic park guy and the dad from boys in the Hood) anyway I remember a scene where a dudes eyes get messed up. That's all I remember about the movie. Scared the **** out of kid me. Never bothered watching it again as an adult. I'd the show gets talented actors I'll give it a try.

Love the movie. Weird musical choice at the end of the movie, but otherwise a solid horror movie.

I do not see how a TV series can make the property better.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Amazon just wants IP to draw attention to Amazon Vidoes. Though there are way more well known movies from 90s they could go for

On the one hand, as good and as "cult classic" as Event Horizon is, I still think it's an obscure enough title to make a series off of that you might as well be creating an original property for all the good recognition is going to do you here. On the other hand I don't know if we've ever even had a horror in space show before, and if they attempt to make each episode as quality as I consider the movie, well at least it'll be worth a watch. Color me intrigued. Though seriously if they wanted to get an IP that'd get eyes on the screen they should have gotten either Dead Space or the Aliens franchise (they can't possibly do worse than Prometheus or Covenant...).