Amazing Member

Default Pretty horrifying realization in DCeased #4 Spoilers in here

So near the end of the comic Captain Atom became an Anti-Life Equation Zombie. Superman and Wonder Woman attempted to fight him in Washington DC. But after a brief skrimish he went Nuclear.
    23.jpg

The Explosion started in DC and made it ALL THE WAY to Baltimore and then Metropolis (although we don't know where specifically Metropolis is in Maryland).

That explosion was AT LEAST over 40 miles (we know it's more than that because of Metropolis). But where I live and my hometown are both cities in between DC and Baltimore. Meaning my Comic Book Counterpart is absolutely screwed.

Astonishing Member

Your comic book counterpart lives in an area where all the supervillain attacks are. There's a good chance something else from another event killed him already!

Hey, the comic book shop I use to go to (in Stamford, CT) was wiped out in Marvel's Civil War.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I live in LA. I've been blown to kingdom come by Hollywood and comics more times than I can count.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Always Rakzo

Thank God nothing ever happens in Peru.

Anyway, I liked this one. Taylor was definitely the right choice for this title thanks to his skills at creating big moments that make everything look like an event comic.

Most of us would already be anti-life zombies anyways. Turned mid-rant about Tom King or Bendis.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Most of us would already be anti-life zombies anyways. Turned mid-rant about Tom King or Bendis.
    True enough I suppose. But if there was an off chance well........... it pretty much got snuffed with this issue. Also I've learned that the explosion is likely even worse than I thought. As Metropolis is many incarnations is in Delaware, and is in the Delaware Bay. Which would likely make the radius of this explosion big enough to destroy most/if not all of Maryland, a small chunk of Virginia and West Virginia, and of course Delaware.

Man, this was not Captain Atom's week.

Quote Originally Posted by Centrions View Post
    Pretty horrifying realization ...my Comic Book Counterpart is absolutely screwed.
    Welcome to the (fictional) reality of most people of this nation-
    Abt 20 years ago Morrison blew up Montevideo the capital of Uruguay in DC One Mill

J'onzz: "All dead, over a million people!"

Small country, the entire population is just about 3 Million, yet over 80% live in, or near the capital.
    So looking at that blast radius ^ in the image, that's near inevitable genocide for their entire nation.

So welcome to the (fictional) reality of all those people, as the op puts it "the horrifying realization your Comic Book Counterpart" your people, your entire nation have been completley obliterated for over 20 years in the DCU.
    And the total end for the World Cup's first soccer champions. LOL! : p

Quote Originally Posted by Centrions View Post
    So near the end of the comic Captain Atom... after a brief skrimish he went Nuclear.
    Also didn't we see this plot in Kingdom Come. ?

Last edited by Güicho; 08-09-2019 at 03:59 AM.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I live in LA. I've been blown to kingdom come by Hollywood and comics more times than I can count.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Yep. It was "Oh, there goes [insert name of] building again. Same with Washington DC. I swear outer space aliens just hate iconic architecture.
    Nothing, but nothing though, beat the time was watching a Last Man Alive On Earth/zombies movie at night when the the main character walked by a wall calendar while peeking through a window into the night sky. Yep. Same time, day, and year as the movie was being shown. It was kind of scary funny.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

I'm suddenly feeling quite secure. When ever super-villains, aliens or cosmic deities descend on Earth and deign care for another country than the U.S., France is only ever attacked in Paris. I'm fine well down south of it !

Sure, there was this one time with New 52 Wonder Woman when Carcassonne was invaded by mythological monsters, but it's still roughly 100km from me. Plus, the medieval city was made of white stones, so clearly it wasn't really Carcassonne anyway !

The UK is mostly attacked in London or up North (Constantine). Oxford may be prone to attack for its relics and historical objects etc. but i feel like im safe.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/England

I like how the DC wiki puts Etrigan, Alfred, Constantine and Margaret Thatcher in the same list!

EDIT: TIL Cheetah is british
    Last edited by Red obin; 08-09-2019 at 02:01 AM.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    The UK is mostly attacked in London or up North (Constantine). Oxford may be prone to attack for its relics and historical objects etc. but i feel like im safe.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/England

I like how the DC wiki puts Etrigan, Alfred, Constantine and Margaret Thatcher in the same list!

EDIT: TIL Cheetah is british
    don't forget when canterbury got attacked in canterbury cricket one shot.

only reason i remember this is because im from cantebury.