Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Straczynski and Alonso create THE RESISTANCE for AWA.

Astonishing Member

Interesting that JMS and Alonso are together. I guess he doesn't blame him for some of the problems he had with Marvel.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 08-09-2019 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Interesting that JMS and Alonso are together. I guess he doesn't blame him for some of the problems he had with Marvel.
    I think a lot of that ended up being between JMS And Quesada, or Brevoort.

Anyone pick up issue #1 today?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Anyone pick up issue #1 today?
    Damn, I missed the start of AWA...

Is Year Zero and Fight Girls out too?

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

Did they really wrote a story about a pandemic started from China?
    Surely they didn't do that on purpose: if I'm not wrong a book needs at least 6 months to be written, printed and shipped, while the Coronavirus epidemic started since the end of January (always if I'm not wrong), but it is a notable coincidence. Anyway I haven't read very carefully (so I could have misunderstood the story about the pandemic), but the book seems good to my, it is more a number 0 than a number 1, because it is more a prologue to the actual story than the start of the actual story, but like I have written it seems good to me.

Amazing Member

I've moved to 100% digital for my funny books (needed to free up space and put less into storage). Does anyone know if AWA is available digitally?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    Did they really wrote a story about a pandemic started from China?
    Surely they didn't do that on purpose: if I'm not wrong a book needs at least 6 months to be written, printed and shipped, while the Coronavirus epidemic started since the end of January (always if I'm not wrong), but it is a notable coincidence. Anyway I haven't read very carefully (so I could have misunderstood the story about the pandemic), but the book seems good to my, it is more a number 0 than a number 1, because it is more a prologue to the actual story than the start of the actual story, but like I have written it seems good to me.
    My LCS placed issue #1 into all of it's Hold Box customers file, over 200 customers, like a week or two before things went Covid-19 Lockdown crazy. I've been reading through my backlog and this was the very last floppy in my pile.
    HOLY MOTHER of GOD coincidences?!?!?! Something like this goes through 6-9 months of lead time before it sees our shelves. Meaning this was being worked on possibly as far back as middle of last summer!

JMS wrote a story that starts with a GLOBAL PANDEMIC, various extreme style talking heads of different viewpoints, hoarders, orders to stock up and stay inside etc etc etc!! Now the irony is his virus is about a total reversal of what Covid-19 is like with 95% of infected dying and 5% surviving.....and by issue end we realize there is a catch to those 5%(or some of them).
    I was going to totally blow this off but may have to get the other 5 issues of this six-issue limited series when possible.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime