Mighty Member

Default CRAZIEST (and favourite) parodies, fanfics and fanart?

I found a crazy book from Fantagraphics called Megahex at my local library last night and am really enjoying it. It features a thinly veiled parody of characters from the Meg and Mog kids books called, funny enough, Megg and Mogg. This version has the familiar looking witch, her cat and her owl as bonged-out stoners with lots of sexual references and crazy adventures.

I have saved a cute fan-art pic of Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy having a same-sex wedding and the somethingawful.com page used to have "awful link of the day" articles about really bad fanfics of characters such as Gadget the mouse and the guys from Perfect strangers.

Do YOU have any faves?

DBZ Abridged is often better and more emotional than the series it's based on.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

There was a great parody I remember reading as a kid. it was called Star Wrecked. It was a comedy about the Original Kirk era crew coming out of retirement and being assigned to Picards Enterprise and the two crews had to work together on the same ship. Like Spock hated Data. Kirk kept hitting on Tori. It was just pretty darn funny. At least to my ten years old self it was. I havnt been able to find those books in 20 years.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Mighty Member

(thanks for the replies so far)

I guess we'd have to include Spaceballs and the 70's SNL skit where network executives show up on the Enterprise to inform them that show is being cancelled. Still haven't seen Toaster wars.

Love www.garfieldminusgarfield.net as well...

Cool

Dragon Ball R&R by MasakoX & co. You call tell that MasakoX (who started on Dragon Ball Abridged) and his friends put a ton of thought and work into the series along with its characters and core concepts -

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Weapon Brown is a (NSFW) parody that I really ended up enjoying. Comic strip characters in a dark gritty post-apocalyptic future.

Mighty Member

At the Mandarake stores they have a lot of gay romance fan manga, created by and read by young women. They have characters such as Steve and Tony (and clint and Bucky), Thor and Hercules, Anakin and Obi-wan, the Boondock saints, Rhorsach and NightOwl plus Light and L from Death Note getting into it......

Probably the best most well thought out MLP fan projection I've seen. Great plot, great characterization, and a dynamic OC who adds a great deal to the mythos (better than the canon explanation for certain aspects actually).

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."