Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Judging from his fight with The Female, I don't think tv Black Noir is a Homelander clone. He seems to be just Deathstroke-level, give or take. I'd say he's intended to be the team's Batman, with some Snake-Eyes elements thrown in. As for why they didn't use Jack from Jupiter: probably to save money. I think they wanted to save the big money for Homelander scenes and A-Train.
    I think Noir is still a clone. That is just too big of a plot point for them to edit out of the TV series. Everything we've seen of Noir so far could easily be explained as him pulling his punches so that nobody realizes just how strong he really is. After his whole schtik is hiding in plain sight. In which case, this fight does turn into a real match and I think the rest of the Seven could actually take out Homelander.

Quote Originally Posted by T-1000 View Post
    I think Noir is still a clone. That is just too big of a plot point for them to edit out of the TV series. Everything we've seen of Noir so far could easily be explained as him pulling his punches so that nobody realizes just how strong he really is. After his whole schtik is hiding in plain sight. In which case, this fight does turn into a real match and I think the rest of the Seven could actually take out Homelander.
    If it were a real repeat of the books. Noir murder stomps Homelander even faster since he has help.

In the book he still murdered the hell out of him but took big damage from it.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Black Noir here has nothing to show that we should apply anything from the original media to his character here. He clearly took pretty massive damage from the explosion, it just wasn't nearly enough to kill him.

Alsp, that stuff verged strongly on spoilers and should maybe have been tagged.

Based on what we've seen from the show so far, Homelander annihilates the rest of them: there's nothing they can do to him, and he can casually kill any of them. He may or may not have an issue with A-Train, but A-Train seems to tire out pretty quickly, so eventually either he has heart failure or Homelander tags him.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

I wouldn’t worry too much about spoiler tags in this thread. Anyone who wanders into a thread that’s only about characters from one specific series are kind of expecting to see reference to the most recent feats from those characters.

Otherwise EVERYTHING should have spoiler tags. I’ve never read or watched a single piece of Dragonball, but had I intended to do so, I sure as hell wouldn’t have gone into a Dragonball-based thread and got upset if things were spoiled.

But yeah show wise HL seems capable of soloing his team.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Black Noir here has nothing to show that we should apply anything from the original media to his character here. He clearly took pretty massive damage from the explosion, it just wasn't nearly enough to kill him.
    The only real damage I saw was a charred uniform. His clothes might have been worse for wear but he didn't seem in any way actually injured by that blast.

The only real damage I saw was a charred uniform. His clothes might have been worse for wear but he didn't seem in any way actually injured by that blast.
    Yeah, that's a costume that's raw and bloody.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Yeah, check the video clip in this very thread. That's NOT uniform.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    He was burned. Given the area, it's also possible that he partially dodged the blast, receiving a graze.
    Yeah that is definitely an injury. Props to toughing it out though.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Could be fake though. We don't really know.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

So yeah, the Super Terrorists were real. Homelander specifically set all that up.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

So yeah, the Super Terrorists were real. Homelander specifically set all that up.
    I wasn't talking about the terrorist, I was talking about the flesh we see on noir. Ill bet money we will find out he is wearing fake skin and the like underneath his costume to keep up appearances.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Well well. We finally have something for Noir!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

He didn't seem as strong as Maeve. And I doubt Homelander can be taken down by an Almond Joy.