Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Which is one of the reasons why I think a popular critique of Endgame that untold numbers of people died when Bruce snapped them back without a plane to be on anymore is rubbish. The earth is moving at a million miles an hour in 7 directions simultaneously. Of course he accounted for people being on airplanes when they disappeared. He accounted for everyone being millions of miles from where they had been
    What about the people who didn't ash out but died for other reasons due to the ashing out?

Your having open heart surgery when your surgical team ashes and you die on the table because of it.

Your a pedestrian legally crossing in crosswalk when the driver of a car ashes out so the car now out of control runs you down and kills you.

You were on one of those planes but the pilots ashed out and the plane crashed.

Countless such examples. Did Tony bring all them back too or do they stay dead since their deaths came later after the snap.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    What about the people who didn't ash out but died for other reasons due to the ashing out?

Your having open heart surgery when your surgical team ashes and you die on the table because of it.

Your a pedestrian legally crossing in crosswalk when the driver of a car ashes out so the car now out of control runs you down and kills you.

You were on one of those planes but the pilots ashed out and the plane crashed.

Countless such examples. Did Tony bring all them back too or do they stay dead since their deaths came later after the snap.
    I think it's pretty clear Bruce brought them back. The whole point was to undo the snap.

I think it's pretty clear Bruce brought them back. The whole point was to undo the snap.
    Making some assumptions, the ashed people werent really dead. Otherwise Dr Strange would not have been able to see the future since TAO established you cant see past your own death. I assume they were just in the Soul stone. Now people who died because of the aftermath and collateral from the snap I'd assume are still gone. We havent seen anything suggesting the stones can bring someone back from the dead. Because why stop at the snap why not bring back everyone Thanos has killed? Obviously im working on assumptions but if I has to make a choice it would be the stones could not restore life, only bring back the people who were snapped that didnt really die. But honestly we probaly never get a direct answer because that wasnt the important stuff. It was all just a vehicle to get us to the emotional ending. Most people probaly didnt look at it so critically and that was probaly the Russos intention. So yea I'm guessing Spiderman FFH was the most time were gonna spend addressing the snap and its implication on everyday people on earth.

Yes he undid the snap but think about the helicopter you saw crashing in the post credits scene of Avengers: Infinity War. It crashed into a building but being NYC with its crowded streets there is a very good chance that the debris killed someone below as it fell. That person wasn't snapped out of existence.

Or how about the person who was set to have a life saving operation in a few days but their only matching bone marrow donor got ashed out. No donation means they died naturally.

Or the infant home alone whose parents got ashed out and the infant dies of dehydration over the next few days as it screams all alone in its crib.

Did these people come back? At what point do you draw the line as to who came back vs who didn't?

The reality of a snap is that 50% die immediately followed by a 2nd and 3rd wave of deaths in the moments, days, weeks, and months to follow.

Then after Tony's unsnap you get another round of deaths as the only thing more devastating to a world losing half its population would be that population coming back 5 years later.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Yes he undid the snap but think about the helicopter you saw crashing in the post credits scene of Avengers: Infinity War. It crashed into a building but being NYC with its crowded streets there is a very good chance that the debris killed someone below as it fell. That person wasn't snapped out of existence.

Or how about the person who was set to have a life saving operation in a few days but their only matching bone marrow donor got ashed out. No donation means they died naturally.

Or the infant home alone whose parents got ashed out and the infant dies of dehydration over the next few days as it screams all alone in its crib.

Did these people come back? At what point do you draw the line as to who came back vs who didn't?

The reality of a snap is that 50% die immediately followed by a 2nd and 3rd wave of deaths in the moments, days, weeks, and months to follow.

Then after Tony's unsnap you get another round of deaths as the only thing more devastating to a world losing half its population would be that population coming back 5 years later.
    I maintain that Bruce took into account the side effects, as well as the side effects. With the per of the infinity stones, there's no reason to suspect that couldn't - or wouldn't - happen.

No, the infinity stones reveal nothing to suppose that they can bring to life the naturally dead. There is every reason to suppose that between the reality stone, the time stone, and the soul stone, events could have been changed such that the deaths never occurred.

In not sure what round of deaths you're insisting on from Tony's snap. I agree that the bad guys all died (or did they? If dusting doesn't mean real dead than there's the opportunity for them to come back. Not that I think Marvel Studios is interested in telling the same story again as Starlin was.)
    Last edited by AJBopp; 09-07-2019 at 09:53 AM.

BANNED

In Civil War, Vision logically was on the wrong side. His argument was that super humans created equal challenges to them.

But Hydra predated superheroes. The infinity stones predated superheroes. The largest threats to humanity were dealt with because heroes were created and rose to the challenge to meet the threats.

Boisterously Confused

Watching Tom Cruise run makes me want to buy the dude some Preparation H.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Watching Tom Cruise run makes me want to buy the dude some Preparation H.
    It amazes me to this day that people think he does all his own stunts. Did he really jump of a cliff? Yes. Did he really run like an Olympic level sprinter? LOL.
    Last edited by AJBopp; 09-08-2019 at 05:49 PM.

Boisterously Confused

Uhhhh...just gonna point out that there is no continuity in the James Bond films, nor was there ever intended to be. The odd reference to previous stories was intended to provide backstory, not continuity.
    Flemming's books have an explicit continuity. The films are a different animal.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

In Civil War, Vision logically was on the wrong side. His argument was that super humans created equal challenges to them.

But Hydra predated superheroes. The infinity stones predated superheroes. The largest threats to humanity were dealt with because heroes were created and rose to the challenge to meet the threats.
    Vision lied. That's the conclusion I've come to. Otherwise the writers don't know the difference between causation and correlation.

Vision argues that heroes cause villains, that the stronger the heroes get, the more villains rise up to challenge them by also becoming stronger. That never really happens in the MCU. There's a correlation between more heroes appearing and more villains appearing, but none of them cause them (at least at the point Vision stated this, because Stark has created some villains afterwards).

Renegade Cut on YouTube talked about this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Vision lied. That's the conclusion I've come to.
    I don't believe the Vision has the ability to lie, anymore than I have the ability to do nuclear science

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I don't believe the Vision has the ability to lie, anymore than I have the ability to do nuclear science
    Then Vision is an ole dum dum then

Astonishing Member

A general beef - all the movies, books and shows where there is a super competent conspiracy inside or outside of the government. Given the clowns we have in our world, can't believe it.

Also, the heavy construction of superhero or villain headquarters and lairs. Unless you can do it by magic or a GL ring, how do you contract this? How many cement trucks have to go down the road to your secret lair?

Regarding Walking Dead, they've all been at Alexandria/Hilltop/Kingdom for the past four seasons pretty much-it's more them standing their ground against not only the zombies but hostile humans as well, and working to rebuild civilization.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I noticed that with that Axel guy. He got a bunch of screen time out of nowhere and then mid conversation with Carol BAM. Even Abrahim got elevated from B list character to Lead for the end of the season before Negan. So they telegraphed his fate, Glen was always a lead so that was fine.

As far as Toilet paper alot of people are dead. Im assuming between the south and Washinton DC there is probaly more toilet paper then Rick and his group could use in 10years. I mean you hit 2 Costco's and Walmart and I think Rick's group is set for years lol jk. All of this assumes they are all using Toilet paper. Look at Daryyl does he look like he has a clean ass? Probaly not .... just saying

Axel had a much larger role in the comics I think....but also Carol was pretty much completely different as well.

As for the toilet paper question the characters often go on supply runs for medicine, food that they can't grow, even weapons etc. or even in the last season they went to get film projectors....although there's of course always the risk of running into Walkers in the abandoned areas.

it's how the Maggie/Glen relationship started for example.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth