Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

More and more, shows and movies use phone texts as plot devices. Problem is they sometimes show it for so short a period that you can't read it, or they have that white text on bright green bubbles that is impossible to read. I usually have had to pause or go back at home many times to read what is going on. At the theater, I am out of luck.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Standing Member

If someone doesn't say good-bye, how do you know the phone conversation has ended? I imagine the person at the other end being confused and wondering what just happened.
    Celebrating 150 Years of the Hectograph!
    1869 - 2019
    👍

Astonishing Member

Movies with an inconclusive ending so they are setting up a sequel. Not a problem if the base material is from a well known longer story like LoTR, but some nothing story that end on a cliff hanger.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I hate it when characters discard food so easily. They could be in a restaurant, carrying groceries or whatever, they will always discard whatever food they have when something happens. This kind of waste grinds my gears IRL and I hate seeing it in movies and TV.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Movies with an inconclusive ending so they are setting up a sequel. Not a problem if the base material is from a well known longer story like LoTR, but some nothing story that end on a cliff hanger.
    although that's not a meaningless detail and more of a cliche... I agree. it's particularly tedious if it's done in some sort of ham-fisted way in a horror movie. it seems like two out of three horror movies are written in hopes of getting a sequel... and the ideas just aren't that interesting!

one of my big pet peeves was watching "Flyboys" in the theater (yes, I love WWI airplanes that much)... but when they started talking about how the German fighters had 9mm machine guns I just laughed. NOBODY has ever used 9mm machine guns! okay, yes, I mean the Italians did experimentally mount the Villar Perosa double-barrelled 9mm submachine guns on some of their two-seaters to defend against fighter... but the muzzle velocity was too low and it just couldn't knock aircraft down as well as a single rifle-caliber machine gun.

it's not quite nose bone into the brain ridiculous... but it's still egregiously misinformed and terrible for... people who have been reading about fighter aircraft for over 20 years.

Astonishing Member

I hear you and bow to anyone who actually knows about that gun! Here's a weapons complaint. In some of the monster movies like Pacific Rim and the execrable American Godzilla, the guns from the planes incorrect. F-22s are shown with wing guns and the Apaches similarly have incorrectly mounted guns. Also, the idea that planes and helicopters get so close as to get swatted is ridiculous. Same in Kong on Skull island, worst helicopter pilots ever.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    I hear you and bow to anyone who actually knows about that gun! Here's a weapons complaint. In some of the monster movies like Pacific Rim and the execrable American Godzilla, the guns from the planes incorrect. F-22s are shown with wing guns and the Apaches similarly have incorrectly mounted guns. Also, the idea that planes and helicopters get so close as to get swatted is ridiculous. Same in Kong on Skull island, worst helicopter pilots ever.
    The Kong issue was more they didnt expect Kong to be there and were panicing.