Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Any show or movie where the lead characters rack a round into a gun for dramatic effect. Cops and anyone who actually knows guns will carry a round in the chamber at all times. So all racking a round will do is eject the unspent round out of the chamber.

The gun won't go off if you drop it (another movie pet peeve). It won't accidentally misfire if your following proper finger off the trigger unless your going to fire safety. There is no danger in carrying a round in a chamber but there is extreme danger in not doing so in a real fight since if you need to fire then you need to fire NOW and not in two seconds after you've racked a round.
    PSA: everything in this post is incorrect, depending on the type of gun

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I love Star Wars, but right from the start, when I saw it at 17, I wondered how the director could not decide whether the primary supporting character's name was pronounced "Han" or "Hahn."
    Going along those lines, the way Marlon Brandon pronounces "Krypton" in Superman the movie. Various DC properties have pronounced things different ways (Ra's Al Ghul, Mxyzptlk, etc.), but this one bothers me the most. I'd also throw in the name pronunciations in Last Airbender, but I consider that a HUGE detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Just saw Homecoming a few weeks ago and, talk about obsession with trivial details, it annoys me that when Adrian Toomes puts on the flight harness, all we see is the two shoulder pieces come down and then he's magically buckled in at the waist and upper legs and magically has the exo-skeleton on.
    Speaking of Spider-Man, in the first Spider-Man movie, when Norman Osborn lays down on that bed and these metal clamps come down on him and he says "It's cold" despite the fact that the clamps aren't even touching his skin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Any show or movie where the lead characters rack a round into a gun for dramatic effect. Cops and anyone who actually knows guns will carry a round in the chamber at all times. So all racking a round will do is eject the unspent round out of the chamber.

The gun won't go off if you drop it (another movie pet peeve). It won't accidentally misfire if your following proper finger off the trigger unless your going to fire safety. There is no danger in carrying a round in a chamber but there is extreme danger in not doing so in a real fight since if you need to fire then you need to fire NOW and not in two seconds after you've racked a round.

Astonishing Member

The thing with Karate Kid learning Kung Fu and the older Jackie Chan movie Wheels on Meals. It sounded better to the Chinese ear than Meals on Wheels so they just called it the wrong way and didn't care

Movies where impact makes cars explode.

Stories that emphasize that someone is NOT superhuman and does NOT have super powers but he then proceeds to constantly do superhuman things. That's not a shot at action movies where people regularly do impossible things but only at stories where they claim "He's just a human being" when he's blatantly not just human.
    Power with Girl is better.

People looking through binoculars. When you look through binoculars you see a circle, just like a telescope, because each eye only sees a circle. This is not what it looks like

Yet EVERY movie uses this screen look.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 08-11-2019 at 02:16 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    That Harvey Dent was a black man in Batman The Movie and in Batman Forever a white man. I always saw Batman Forever as the third part, so a direct continuation of the Batman films.
    But you were fine with Val Kilmer being Batman instead of Michael Keaton?

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

DC movie/tv universe: What is so wrong about having Barry Allen be a blue-eyed, blond Caucasian male? Even in the first Flash tv series they had a brunette. Second, same. Movie? Asian.
    I know a lot of people think this sort of thing is minor, but it bugs me up the wazoo.

Old Flash Gordon movie series where there space ships shot out smoke that went up while engine sparks shot downward. Actually, most early space shows were rife with impossible moves. Also no big bang noises in space. Wings that barely move while in horizontal flight. I think I saw a cowboy film once where the idiot was walking around with spurs on.
    God, there are so many things that can bug a person. Life is too short to list them all.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post

The Klingon proverb that tells us revenge is a dish best served cold still annoys me since it's a Japanese proverb and it would make far more sense that Khan would know about it as a Japanese proverb.
    It appears to be a sentiment shared by many cultures, can you site the Japanese specific proverb, if true I'd love to read it, and know where it's from.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    DC movie/tv universe: What is so wrong about having Barry Allen be a blue-eyed, blond Caucasian male? Even in the first Flash tv series they had a brunette. Second, same. Movie? Asian.
    I know a lot of people think this sort of thing is minor, but it bugs me up the wazoo.

Old Flash Gordon movie series where there space ships shot out smoke that went up while engine sparks shot downward. Actually, most early space shows were rife with impossible moves. Also no big bang noises in space. Wings that barely move while in horizontal flight. I think I saw a cowboy film once where the idiot was walking around with spurs on.
    God, there are so many things that can bug a person. Life is too short to list them all.
    Agree it'd be nice to see a Barry Allen cast who visually approximates the character more. Although Grant Gustin captures the character pretty well (for me) so the hair color off never bugged me enough.

LOL first Flash Gordon serial was 1936 it was three decades before we even put the first man in space, they didn't have allot to go by, can we cut them some slack.
    Plus it's straight fantasy, like Star Wars (which it influenced) it never pretended to invoke real science, they were never going for any kind of realistic representation, think of it more akin to Lord of the Rings ...in space!.

I think I saw a cowboy film once where the idiot was walking around with spurs on.
    LOL just one!? I thinks that's pretty much a definitive western movie trope. It looks, and particularly sounds great!
    What are they supposed to show them take them off outside while they park the horse?

And lol I'm not challenging these, I absolutely like and get where you are coming from, just fun discussing them.
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-11-2019 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    People looking through binoculars. When you look through binoculars you see a circle, just like a telescope, because each eye only sees a circel. This is not what it looks like

Yet EVERY movie uses this screen look.
    Good point.

I also hate it when movies and television portray the idea that, if you are upside down, you see upside down with the floor seeming to be up and the ceiling down. I remember in school, a teacher had us stand on our heads (Hey, we were little kids, we could easily do that) just to show us. Yet I have meant some idiots in real life that try to rationalize that the movie meme is true when you can test it yourself. Maybe it's more that people are idiots that bugs me.

I also hate it when stories blatantly screw up facts. A teacher friend of mine walked into his classroom back when "Young Einstein" was playing and asked what Einstein's nationality was and everybody said Tasmanian. He laughed and said, "No. Once again, Hollywood has messed you up." And that's trivial. Hollywood messes up people's ideas about far more important historical facts.

Not only that but they were traveling through mist because outer space consisted of "ether". But stuff that old, I just enjoy it. I'm watching "King of the Rocketmen" where they jump out of a car at sixty miles per hour, roll a couple of times and stop as if they aren't still going 60 miles per hour.

A. Its an incredibly trivial detail that if it was am issue could ve dealt with via contacts and dye.

B. Erza Miller isnt asian.

Retired

When characters talk on the phone, they don't say good-bye, they just hang up. Rude.

Ezra Miller is Asian?

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Ezra Miller is Asian?
    This was probably just the poster looking at Miller's features and assuming he's of Asian extraction. And technically, he probably is. Israel is part of Asia--not Africa as you might think--and Miller is Jewish, so likely can trace his family tree back to Israel.