Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
You know, the continuity of the Bond movies before Craig is a bit weird due to all the changing actors.

It's not quite as bad going from 1962-1986, as one can pretty much accept since Connery and Moore are roughly the same age, and Moore kept Connery (and Lazenby's) supporting cast, including the similarly aging Lois Maxwell as Moneypenny.

However then you have Dalton and he looks significantly younger, but also Moneypenny, while Q is still the same.

What's even weirder is that tecnically Bond in Die Another Day should be in his mid 70's, but instead just looks like he's in his forties.

Then there's Felix who is all over the place. He somehow ages like 25 years between Living Daylights to License to Kill (I know it's mainly because they got David Hedison back, but it's still a bit off putting).

I don't consider Dench staying on as M that much of a problem; she seems to play the role a bit differently in Craig's films than in Brosnan's. It's kind of funny that in Goldeneye she consider's Bonds methods and attitudes out-of-date; when in Skyfall that's the same criticism others seem to have of her.
This goes back to why many believe that they should have made it movie canon that the name "James Bond" was just a code name they gave along with 007. Now all the actor changes and such make sense as they literally aren't the same James Bond. It also opens the door for the future if you want to make Idris Elba or someone like that the new Bond.

Its part of the reason I HATED Skyfall, besides it being nonsensical, since it established he was born James Bond.