Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Our characters are in the front seats of a car, truck, whatever, And while talking the driver will often turn and look at their companion for a highly dangerous amount of time when travelling at speed. OMG watch the dam road!!

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    Our characters are in the front seats of a car, truck, whatever, And while talking the driver will often turn and look at their companion for a highly dangerous amount of time when travelling at speed. OMG watch the dam road!!
    I have Uber drivers that do this all the time. That or they make eye contact in the rearview mirror for way too long. It's a cultural thing. I was raised by a Samoan uncle and if I didnt look him in the eye while hes talking. It was instant lickens. Weirdly enough I know other polynesian people where it's considered rude and an act of aggression to look the directly in the eyes for any real amount of time.

Astonishing Member

That drives me mad

Most TV shows I don't even notice because the fake scenery scrolling by in the background distracts me so much.

Its why I actually appreciate shows that at least try to make it look they are actually driving (even though I know they are probably in a car being towed and its a dolly cam).

Retired

The distracted driving bothers me, for movie reasons, because I've seen enough movies where some horrible tragedy happens in the movie because the driver was distracted. So in any scene where a driver is being distracted in his driving, I'm already preparing myself for the potential accident that is going to happen. So when it doesn't happen, I've gone through all that stress for nothing. I'm like a dog that's been hit so many times by his master, that he flinches every time his master raises a hand.

^^^add to that the TV or radio being turned on to a conveniently relevant newscast.

Extraordinary Member

Doubt if anyone other than me watches The Golden Girls, but this drives me crazy:

Dorothy (Bea Arthur), from the beginning of the series, talks about how her ex-husband Stan knocked her up in high school. They got married because of the pregnancy and then he left her for a young stewardess after 38 years of marriage. This story is told over and over again throughout the series.

Yet, she repeatedly talks about having ONLY two kids - Kate and Michael - who we meet on the show and are both in their 20s. Where is this 40 year old child she supposedly had???

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Most TV shows I don't even notice because the fake scenery scrolling by in the background distracts me so much.

Its why I actually appreciate shows that at least try to make it look they are actually driving (even though I know they are probably in a car being towed and its a dolly cam).
    On The Big Bang Theory I have noticed that when Bernadette is driving she will look up and to the side as if she is looking at the rearview mirrors. She seems to be the only one that does this.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Doubt if anyone other than me watches The Golden Girls, but this drives me crazy:

Dorothy (Bea Arthur), from the beginning of the series, talks about how her ex-husband Stan knocked her up in high school. They got married because of the pregnancy and then he left her for a young stewardess after 38 years of marriage. This story is told over and over again throughout the series.

Yet, she repeatedly talks about having ONLY two kids - Kate and Michael - who we meet on the show and are both in their 20s. Where is this 40 year old child she supposedly had???
    Maybe the child went to live with the father.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    On The Big Bang Theory I have noticed that when Bernadette is driving she will look up and to the side as if she is looking at the rearview mirrors. She seems to be the only one that does this.
    It stems from the actress being so busty. She always has to watch where she’s going so as not to bump into things, and it translates into her in character mannerisms...!

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Maybe the child went to live with the father.
    Yeah, or an estranged child to both parents, w. issues about being the bastard child.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    In Iron Man 3, Tony activates the 'blow up all my armors' protocol, while Rhodey is flying away with the President in his arms *wearing one of his suits.* Apparently Tony's AI is smart enough to have not blown that one up, too, but I would have chuckled a dark chuckle if we saw a distant explosion and Tony winced and said, "Oops..." (not just from killing the President and Rhodey, but also when he realizes that he's going to have to swim home, since he's now stuck on a burning oil rig, with no ride home, and possibly no more means to even call home to get a ride, since his earpiece alone might not have the signal range to reach Jarvis, on the mainland...)
    Except that suit didn't run on JARVIS or any Starktech operating system. In IM2 it was said that Hammer 'upgraded all of the software', and it was to the point that JARVIS had a hard time hacking into the suit. Then in IM3 it's said that the Iron Patriot makeover was an AIM upgrade. On top of that, I think it was implied that Tony coded that suit to Rhodey, and no longer counted it as one of his suits.

BBC stop insisting that Jodie Whitaker's Doctor is the 13th Doctor.She's the 14th.Don't give me that War Doctor nonsense either.
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

I hate when actors are playing a musician in movies, and don't make actual chord shapes on guitars. They don't have to be the right ones, per se, but something other than a flat hand on a fretboard!

^^^thats a good one!

When ppl are on the phone and they don’t leave enough time between their lines for the person on the other end to have actually said anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    It stems from the actress being so busty. She always has to watch where she’s going so as not to bump into things, and it translates into her in character mannerisms...!
    And short. Melissa Rauch is only 4'11". While Jim Parsons is 6'1" as a comparison.

It’s funny how Parsons’ character as a child is so dang short.

And at 4’11” that’s a Lott’s bosom on a short frame...!