Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Haha, so true. Imagine if we were doing the same with cars, trashing it into a tree instead of parking it in front of our homes just cause we are in a hurry.
    That's another thing. How often in a movie or TV show do you see anyone locking the doors of their car before they walk away from it?

There was a meaningless detail in the film Game of Death. In one scene, it was night time. In the next scene it is day time when Bruce Lee tore the paper wall, letting sunlight in the room blinding Kareem. After the fight scene, it is night time again.

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    Children and bicycles. The children arrive at their destination and drop or throw their bikes down with heedless force.

When I was a child my bike was very close to being a treasured thing. It was my means of independent transport, I never tossed it on the ground so carelessly, and I never knew anyone else whom did either.

Just asked my wife, same story. She and her friends were always careful with their bicycles. And if they had to be laid on the ground, they were lowered slowly and the peddles were turned just so, as to prevent damage to the chain or anything else.
    Yep.

And this surprised me in hollywood movies. Because our bicycles used to have STANDS. And still do.

Astonishing Member

The Jackie Chan movie Wheels on Meals...

Its supposed to be Meals on Wheels, it doesn't make sense the other way around. I heard that the producer liked the title better, so damn if its right or wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    There was a meaningless detail in the film Game of Death. In one scene, it was night time. In the next scene it is day time when Bruce Lee tore the paper wall, letting sunlight in the room blinding Kareem. After the fight scene, it is night time again.
    Well, that movie was pieced together from what film they had when he died, so there are probably a lot of scenes pieced together.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Boisterously Confused

There always being plenty of parking right outside the building the character wants to visit in the middle of a busy metropolis.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    There always being plenty of parking right outside the building the character wants to visit in the middle of a busy metropolis.
    Always, this irks me especially when in New York. There is never parking places available in NY, and when you are lucky enough to find one, there is a parking meter. They never put money in the meter.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Retired

It doesn't really bug me--because I know why it is--but it amuses me that there's lots of available space that nobody uses on the fourth wall side of any scene. Apartments have this space where none of the characters go. In old Westerns, in stage coaches, the passengers are hunched together on one side, not using that extra seat space where the camera is. One end of the table in any scene is rarely ever used. If people are stuck in an enclosed space, it's not very convincing since they could always go toward the camera and walk right out of the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    The Jackie Chan movie Wheels on Meals...

Its supposed to be Meals on Wheels, it doesn't make sense the other way around. I heard that the producer liked the title better, so damn if its right or wrong
    Sure it does... just imagine a meal with wheels being placed on it , and wheelin' its way to you- super cute! There you go!
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 02-03-2020 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Always, this irks me especially when in New York. There is never parking places available in NY, and when you are lucky enough to find one, there is a parking meter. They never put money in the meter.
    There was always a spot for the Batmobile in front of GCPD headquarters. After awhile, I just figured that there must have been a sign somewhere reserving the spot for Batman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Sure it does... just imagine a meal with wheels being placed on it , and wheelin' its way to you- super cute! There you go!
    You are right! Now that I think about it...just a great idea

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    There was always a spot for the Batmobile in front of GCPD headquarters. After awhile, I just figured that there must have been a sign somewhere reserving the spot for Batman.

Imagine someone else parking there and Batman arrives...

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Imagine someone else parking there and Batman arrives...
    Crrrrunch!

Image.jpg

Astonishing Member

lol...

And then the owner asks: Why did you do this?

And Batman: Because I am the goddamn Batman!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    What irks me is that when you judo flip a man and his back hits the hard concrete street in NYC or other city and he just gets up easily as if the slam on the concrete doesn't break his back. Unlike the dojo (training hall), there are no mats on a street to prevent injuries during a judo fight.