Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    What irks me is that when you judo flip a man and his back hits the hard concrete street in NYC or other city and he just gets up easily as if the slam on the concrete doesn't break his back. Unlike the dojo (training hall), there are no mats on a street to prevent injuries during a judo fight.
    You don't break your back the easily, even on concrete. If you are trained you just stand up, maybe a little shaken, though. So, I don't find it hard to believe.

What I don't like is when two guys fistfight and do not blood. Punch after punch and nothing happens...

In the film Home Alone, Macaulay Culkin dialed 911 from his own house and called the cops to come to a neighbor's house. Don't the filmmakers know that 911 operators can trace the phone calls, especially in cases when the caller does not have time to give the home address to the operator?

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

The real pasty look Data got in the movies drove me crazy. His hair was also very slimy and he definitely needed more powder puff with a bigger budget you think you could afford some powder and the mustard fully yellow eyes they gave him with the tiny pupils made him look like a lizard and not an android. I don't know why they decided to do away with the gold irisis'.

Go ahead. Laugh. Judge.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 02-24-2020 at 10:18 PM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    The real pasty look Data got in the movies drove me crazy. His hair was also very slimy and he definitely needed more powder puff with a bigger budget you think you could afford some powder and the mustard fully yellow eyes they gave him with the tiny pupils made him look like a lizard and not an android. I don't know why they decided to do away with the gold irisis'.

Go ahead. Laugh. Judge.
    I don't know about the hair, but like Geordie's visorless look and the new uniforms I think the eyes were just an example of going crazy with a bigger budget. The makeup is easy, I think it was in the commentary of Nemisis but I could be wrong, but they went thicker to try to hide that Brent Spinner was visibly aging.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I don't know about the hair, but like Geordie's visorless look and the new uniforms I think the eyes were just an example of going crazy with a bigger budget. The makeup is easy, I think it was in the commentary of Nemisis but I could be wrong, but they went thicker to try to hide that Brent Spinner was visibly aging.
    The movie with the Romulan clone of Picard played by Tom Hardy (Shinzen?), he wore some shiny leather suit that *audibly creaked* every time he moved. In the theater, it was loud and obnoxious and I cringed every time he moved because it was one of those nails-on-a-chalkboard sounds for me, but they seem to have edited it out by the time the movie was put on disk.

Extraordinary Member

Someone will ring the doorbell. The characters inside ignore it and continue their conversation as the doorbell continues to ring repeatedly.

Then, someone begins to walk toward the door to answer it and the doorbell ringing suddenly stops - like the person on the other side of the door knows they're now coming to open the door.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I actually liked the changes they made to Geordie and always hated that Banana clip of a visor. The mechanical eyes are far better. Very cool.

I have an issue with one of the original Planet of the Apes films. In Escape From the Planet of the Apes, Zera, Cornelius and Milo return to 1970s Earth in Taylor's ship. That's the ship that Taylor, Dodge, Landon and Stuart crashed into the eastern sea in the beginning of the first film. Now, I'll buy that Milo was smart enough to figure out how to operate Taylor's ship and I'll also buy that they could find the ship in the first place based on Taylor's pointing out on Zera's and Cornelius' map the approximate area where the ship sank. But that's where my problems start. The ship sank! How did the chimpanzees, as intelligent as they are, raise that ship out of the sea, with their limited technology? And once they got it out of the water, what exactly did they use for fuel to get it off the ground and out of the atmosphere?
    Watching television is not an activity.

Hanging from one hand. Most people wouldn't last 5 seconds. And falling and catching a ledge with one hand, no way, unless you are an Olympic gymnist. The pulling a person up with one hand, sure, if you can curl 150 lbs at the gym.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

Holding your breath. Movie characters, even not terribly athletic ones, seem to be able to do that for a minute or even two, and I'm about to freak after 15 seconds. Maybe it's just my asthma or something, but a minute seems like a long time, especially for someone who is actively doing something strenuous like swimming or struggling with stuck hatches or punching through glass or whatever...

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Holding your breath. Movie characters, even not terribly athletic ones, seem to be able to do that for a minute or even two, and I'm about to freak after 15 seconds. Maybe it's just my asthma or something, but a minute seems like a long time, especially for someone who is actively doing something strenuous like swimming or struggling with stuck hatches or punching through glass or whatever...
    That's not all that unbelievable, wen it's life or death your body can do some crazy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Hanging from one hand. Most people wouldn't last 5 seconds. And falling and catching a ledge with one hand, no way, unless you are an Olympic gymnist. The pulling a person up with one hand, sure, if you can curl 150 lbs at the gym.
    Y'know I had a more serious post and I was gonna do it on this. Yes!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I have an issue with one of the original Planet of the Apes films. In Escape From the Planet of the Apes, Zera, Cornelius and Milo return to 1970s Earth in Taylor's ship. That's the ship that Taylor, Dodge, Landon and Stuart crashed into the eastern sea in the beginning of the first film. Now, I'll buy that Milo was smart enough to figure out how to operate Taylor's ship and I'll also buy that they could find the ship in the first place based on Taylor's pointing out on Zera's and Cornelius' map the approximate area where the ship sank. But that's where my problems start. The ship sank! How did the chimpanzees, as intelligent as they are, raise that ship out of the sea, with their limited technology? And once they got it out of the water, what exactly did they use for fuel to get it off the ground and out of the atmosphere?
    I agree. I've watched that movie numerous times and always liked it (I mean, The Young And The Restless' Victor Newman as the bad guy is so fun).

But the premise of the film is ridiculous. While the apes had evolved, they were still very primitive. There's no way they could've raised that ship, repaired it, and had the skills to operate it in space.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    So true, I am a good swimmer and snorkeler. I can swim under water the length of an average pool. In my younger days I could sometimes reach 2 minutes. But to do so I spent a minute hyper-ventilating to oxygenate my blood. If i just dove in without deep breaths first, I doubt I could last more than 30 to 45 seconds. People plunged underwater and then holding their breath for long periods is unrealistic.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Running. Now some of you might be runners. But for the average person, when was the last time you ran full out for a block or two. You get gassed very quickly. But on Cop shows and movies, you have cops chasing some junkie skel full out for blocks and blocks. People can't run that far unless they train for it.