Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Crime scenes where 2 dozen police personnel can just trample all over the area without regard and rely on a taped cordon to preserve vital evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Floyd Mayweather jr can retire for a couple years and come back and beat just about anyone I'm sure. George Foreman came back as an old man and was dropping dudes. GSP came back after retirement and took out Michale Bisping. McGregor took a long break and KO'd Cowboy in seconds. Mayweather and GSP train everyday like they arent retired but the point is it happens. Tyson fury made a huge comeback after retiring , doing truck loads of Coke and weighing over 400lbs. Other then Mayweather none of these people are without peers but there are only killing machines without peers in movies anyway.
    Point is they still trained a great deal before the fights. Not retired or living a quiet suburban life.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by _Feely_ View Post
    Outer space being depicted with giant brightly coloured gas clouds and great dazzling swirling clusters.
    Along those lines, asteroids practically bumping into each other with the spaceship having to navigate through a maze of asteroids. In reality individual asteroids are so far apart you wouldn't be able to see another one if you
    were standing on one. The average distance between asteroids is 600,000 miles, about 2.5 times the distance between the Earth and the Moon. More than enough room for a spaceship to navigate between asteroids.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by _Feely_ View Post
    Everyone is especially dumb to make the slueth appear smarter.
    My parents loved Murder She Wrote, which aired for over ten years on CBS. The few times I watched it, the police (whether local or big city) were always portrayed as bumbling and inept. Not to mention, they had other cases and other people to take care of. Meanwhile, nosy Jessica Fletcher was going around eavesdropping on conversations and ALWAYS being at the right place at the right time to hear something or see something that led her to solving the case. Had she been in the area five or ten minutes later, she would've missed the whole thing. But her timing was ALWAYS perfect.

This is kinda specific but, it bugs me that Austin Powers put aside his animosity towards Dr. Evil so easily or at all really, in the third movie, considering the prevailing theory is, Dr. Evil captured, killed, and replaced Vanessa Kensington partway through the first movie w. a fembot who was itself discovered at the beginning of part two.

I find the redesign of the Enterprise in Star Trek: Discovery and other modern Star Trek projects to be annoying, since in many cases, it conflicts with the ship having a different design in the original shows.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    My parents loved Murder She Wrote, which aired for over ten years on CBS. The few times I watched it, the police (whether local or big city) were always portrayed as bumbling and inept. Not to mention, they had other cases and other people to take care of. Meanwhile, nosy Jessica Fletcher was going around eavesdropping on conversations and ALWAYS being at the right place at the right time to hear something or see something that led her to solving the case. Had she been in the area five or ten minutes later, she would've missed the whole thing. But her timing was ALWAYS perfect.
    This is why the fan theory that Jessica is secretly responsible for every murder on the show makes me chuckle.

Retired

I liked it whenever Tom Bosley as Sheriff Amos Tupper showed up to lend Jessica a hand. He didn't seem so inept. Maybe they had an under the covers relationship where he would feed her the information so she could get the collar. He had to be pretty good at solving mysteries on his own because he later traded in his badge for a cassock and solved crimes under the assumed name of Father Dowling. You see, police departments have too many regulations and internal politics that get in the way of solving crimes. The freedom afforded to published authors, men of the cloth, and practicing physicians allows them to catch the real criminals without any of that messy paper work.