Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Another thing about Khan; Captain Terrell seems to have a bigger problem with killing Kirk than Chechov does. Terrel even say's he's never met the man.

Also you'd figure McCoy would've maybe detected the ear things (Figured he would've checked them over after they were found unconscious).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    So are you first arguing there should be a physical presence for it to work?
    Then you argue why it's not necessary?

So yeah, obvious she is picking up "sensing" something beyond just physical presence.
    And weather they are on-screen or not is irrelevant.
    How far and to what extent she can "reach out" seems a mater of focus and will. (and what the plot needs LOL!)

Nope, I never said physical presence is unnecessary. I think it's way more plausible (or as plausible as one can get as far as sci-fi goes) that empaths/telepaths should be somewhere close by their targets to read them; sometimes Deanna is reading someone who's light-years out from the ship, that's a huge reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Never had swelling or redness on my ink. It isn't until days later that it flakes and gets itchy that it shows redness (your mileage may vary). And it looked sharper the day it was done than after the top layer of skin rubbed off

Meanwhile...

- The vast majority of coffee/drinking cups that people are sipping/chugging from are empty (once I noticed this, I couldn't unsee it )

- When the movie directly contradicts itself. I can suspend disbelief/ignore the laws of physics with the best of them, but in The Abyss, for example, don't *tell* me that they have to wear special gear or else be squashed flat by the pressure and then have multiple characters swimming around without gear.

- When the clips from the trailer are later edited from the movie, so the scenes you expect to see never actually happen.

- Everyone leaving their home/apartment door unlocked. Worse, when all the hotel doors somehow allow people to enter without a key.
    Same about the Tatoos. But my skins a little tanner then most lol.

I grew up in southern Cali and our doors were locked 24/7. Now live in small town because of work and no one locks anything here apparently.

I also hate when people hold on to stuff that could get them in trouble in movies or shows. Watching Something on Netflix and a friend finds another's steroid stash. So he confronts him and takes it but then takes it home and leaves it in his drawer untill it can be used against him later. Hate when movies or show have character do dumb stuff like that just because they want to use it later to further the plot. Atleats come up for a reason why it made any sense this person held onto it and not toss it immediately

Hancock.

The guy’s been around (as far as anyone would know) since 1931.
    So, yeah, the restaurant scene where Jason Bateman’s character doesn’t know that bugs me. This super-man has lived through every major event since the 30s, and he hasn’t involved himself in anything???
    WWII, Korea, Vietnam, the Cold War, the space race, the war on terror...to say nothing of the civil rights movement (the most powerful human on the planet being black in the 60s would have been a huge deal).
    I mean, did he just stay incognito during all that time?
    He’s obviously well known when the movie starts, but we’re given no time frame as to how long (and I get it’s a movie they have to pick and choose what to focus on but still).

But a guy who can literally change the world to have done nothing in 77 years just irks me.

You know, the continuity of the Bond movies before Craig is a bit weird due to all the changing actors.

It's not quite as bad going from 1962-1986, as one can pretty much accept since Connery and Moore are roughly the same age, and Moore kept Connery (and Lazenby's) supporting cast, including the similarly aging Lois Maxwell as Moneypenny.

However then you have Dalton and he looks significantly younger, but also Moneypenny, while Q is still the same.

What's even weirder is that tecnically Bond in Die Another Day should be in his mid 70's, but instead just looks like he's in his forties.

Then there's Felix who is all over the place. He somehow ages like 25 years between Living Daylights to License to Kill (I know it's mainly because they got David Hedison back, but it's still a bit off putting).

I don't consider Dench staying on as M that much of a problem; she seems to play the role a bit differently in Craig's films than in Brosnan's. It's kind of funny that in Goldeneye she consider's Bonds methods and attitudes out-of-date; when in Skyfall that's the same criticism others seem to have of her.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 08-28-2019 at 07:02 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Boisterously Confused

The way the MCU depicts Giant Man as being ponderous and lumbering. I get that being so big, moving might burn a lot of energy, but I wouldn't think everything need be in slow motion just to drive home his hugeness.

I spoke to some friends about that once.
    We came up w. a point of view scenario.

It’s like how most insects easily avoid a person swiping at them because the size difference makes the person move, like you described, in slo mo by comparison? That’s what we’re experiencing when we look at Scott’s giant form.

Retired

Why do so many TV shows have episode titles, but you would only know that if you looked up the episode on the internet? Back in the old days, if an episode had a title, it would be chyroned on the screen at the beginning of the episode. Now, there's no actual title when you watch the show. It seems like this is some kind of practical joke that I'm not getting. Why does it have a title if I don't get to see the title when I watch the show? Often I'm only discovering there was a title weeks, months or years later, when I happen to look up the show on IMDb.

I think NCIS still does it, but yeah, it’s pretty much over as a trend.
    The show MOM, for example, has a clever title per ep., and I only see them when looking at my DVR listing.
    The show BLINDSPOT has an anagram for each ep., but you’d never know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I think NCIS still does it, but yeah, it’s pretty much over as a trend.
    With the goth girl gone, I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    The way the MCU depicts Giant Man as being ponderous and lumbering. I get that being so big, moving might burn a lot of energy, but I wouldn't think everything need be in slow motion just to drive home his hugeness.
    It's frustrating, but in fairness almost everything that shows a giant (Power Rangers, Ultraman, even Honey I Blew Up The Kid) have them moving slow. It's almost its own trope.

I think Evangelion and *maybe* Pacific Rim are among the few that don't show that lumbering movement.

BANNED

Helicopters that are dead silent until they appear over a hill.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Hmm. Seems to me he moves as fast as the normal sized heroes. I think expecting him to swing 40 foot legs with the same relative speed as 3 foot legs is asking a bit much. That puts him in super speed territory. And it would just look weird in comparison to to the other characters on screen at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    With the goth girl gone, I'm out.
    I think the show's been dying by degrees lately. Even Mark Harmon's character seems to be lacking life.

^^^17 seasons is a long time.
    At this point the show is like a comfortable old pair of slippers though. Yeah I need a new pair, and these are kinda stinky, but I like them.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Hmm. Seems to me he moves as fast as the normal sized heroes. I think expecting him to swing 40 foot legs with the same relative speed as 3 foot legs is asking a bit much. That puts him in super speed territory. And it would just look weird in comparison to to the other characters on screen at the same time.
    And Bingo was his Name-o!