Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    hahahaha last issue I joked about Randy hooking up with Trapstr because she wasn't in the last panels, well I was close but way off at the same time.
    i misremembered it as Trapstr having a date. but it's because she's always looking at her phone. i wonder where she is going.

I hope it is all part of a Tombstone's plan for revenge against Robbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    why? what has Robbie done to deserve that?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Does anyone else here don't know the story between Robbie and Tombstone too?

And to be fair, Robbie's been a real ******* for the last few years (not only in the Slott's run where everyone is a bit of an *******, but even in the Spencer's run).

Wow I actually forgot that Robbie and Tombstone have history. That makes this hookup even more interesting as a plot point. I’m sure there’s some plan behind it from Beetle but still interested to see where it goes.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Does anyone else here don't know the story between Robbie and Tombstone too?

And to be fair, Robbie's been a real ******* for the last few years (not only in the Slott's run where everyone is a bit of an *******, but even in the Spencer's run).
    You mean when he fired Peter from the science editor job at The Daily Bugle on account of the plagiarism scandal and then treated himself to Peter's now-vacated chair in the first issue of Spencer's run? That's honestly the only thing I can recall written by Nick Spencer that would make Robbie look like a jerk. Going back to the previous run, do you mean that time he fired Norah Winters from the Bugle after Phil Urich was publicly revealed as the Hobgoblin by Superior Spider-Man, because of how bad it looked that now two Hobgoblins were associated with them? Or when he dressed down Peter, both in the paper and in person, for blowing up Parker Industries and costing thousands of people their jobs, never mind that it was either that or let HYDRA get its hands on the Baxter Building's working time machine that it could use to alter history in its favor during Secret Empire?

That aside, I am glad this is bringing the Robertson family back into a bigger role in Spider-Man's story. Funny enough, the 90s animated series was really the only time I could recall that Robbie had his own backstory focused on and fleshed out vis-à-vis his conflict with Tombstone. While the circumstances in TAS were different from the comics --- Lonnie being a childhood friend who tried to pressure Robbie into juvenile delinquency and then became a real criminal (and worse) as opposed to being Robbie's childhood bully-turned-outright criminal --- I liked that it ultimately strengthened Robbie's relationship with his son Randy. It was rather heartwarming.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    You mean when he fired Peter from the science editor job at The Daily Bugle on account of the plagiarism scandal and then treated himself to Peter's now-vacated chair in the first issue of Spencer's run? That's honestly the only thing I can recall written by Nick Spencer that would make Robbie look like a jerk. Going back to the previous run, do you mean that time he fired Norah Winters from the Bugle after Phil Urich was publicly revealed as the Hobgoblin by Superior Spider-Man, because of how bad it looked that now two Hobgoblins were associated with them? Or when he dressed down Peter, both in the paper and in person, for blowing up Parker Industries and costing thousands of people their jobs, never mind that it was either that or let HYDRA get its hands on the Baxter Building's working time machine that it could use to alter history in its favor during Secret Empire?

That aside, I am glad this is bringing the Robertson family back into a bigger role in Spider-Man's story. Funny enough, the 90s animated series was really the only time I could recall that Robbie had his own backstory focused on and fleshed out vis-à-vis his conflict with Tombstone. While the circumstances in TAS were different from the comics --- Lonnie being a childhood friend who tried to pressure Robbie into juvenile delinquency and then became a real criminal (and worse) as opposed to being Robbie's childhood bully-turned-outright criminal --- I liked that it ultimately strengthened Robbie's relationship with his son Randy. It was rather heartwarming.
    This one still irritates me, a lot.

Also, the issue was pretty funny, glad to see that Peter is truly all for gender equality . And i actually saw that last twist coming since last issue, it was pretty obvious, still is weird that Randy is dating someone that is an actual criminal, then again maybe he just think that she is kinky.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

You mean when he fired Peter from the science editor job at The Daily Bugle on account of the plagiarism scandal and then treated himself to Peter's now-vacated chair in the first issue of Spencer's run? That's honestly the only thing I can recall written by Nick Spencer that would make Robbie look like a jerk. Going back to the previous run, do you mean that time he fired Norah Winters from the Bugle after Phil Urich was publicly revealed as the Hobgoblin by Superior Spider-Man, because of how bad it looked that now two Hobgoblins were associated with them? Or when he dressed down Peter, both in the paper and in person, for blowing up Parker Industries and costing thousands of people their jobs, never mind that it was either that or let HYDRA get its hands on the Baxter Building's working time machine that it could use to alter history in its favor during Secret Empire.
    I was reffering to when Robbie fired Peter and confiscated the chair for himself (the only one in the scene who is happy)...

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Idcz-qKEy...600/RCO024.jpg

... and laughed when he asked for his severance package...

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/--EEV1o-AC...600/RCO010.jpg

... and in Slott's run, well, when he close to kick the dead horse instead of use his "friendship" to interview and show Peter's side (that wasn't a very good choice, but it had a good reason).

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-RUeSjJW8C...600/RCO010.jpg

Robbie is a backstabber. In your front, he's nice, but in the second you turn your back, you are stabbed.
    Last edited by Hugo Strange; 08-15-2019 at 03:03 PM.

ROBBIE: "It ain't about the playas... it's all about the PAPUH."
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    This one still irritates me, a lot.

Also, the issue was pretty funny, glad to see that Peter is truly all for gender equality . And i actually saw that last twist coming since last issue, it was pretty obvious, still is weird that Randy is dating someone that is an actual criminal, then again maybe he just think that she is kinky.
    Same.

Maybe he doesn't know who her dad is. That said, I am (somewhat) looking forward to the epic trainwreck this will likely end in.

Also, Peter's pretty much always been for gender equality. Just look at the beatdown he gave Titania way back in the original Secret Wars after she was riding high off defeating She-Hulk in the previous issue.

I was reffering to when Robbie fired Peter and confiscated the chair for himself (the only one in the scene who is happy)...

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Idcz-qKEy...600/RCO024.jpg

... and laughed when he asked for his severance package...

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/--EEV1o-AC...600/RCO010.jpg

... and in Slott's run, well, when he close to kick the dead horse instead of use his "friendship" to interview and show Peter's side (that wasn't a very good choice, but it had a good reason).

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-RUeSjJW8C...600/RCO010.jpg

Robbie is a backstabber. In your front, he's nice, but in the second you turn your back, you are stabbed.
    And if we're gonna go with that interpretation, maybe Jonah being so aggrieved about Robbie in recent comics makes somewhat more sense than just Jonah being his usual grandiose/egotistical self. Hell, if we go with that angle, Robbie and Jonah are even more foils for each other than they would seem at first --- Jonah may yell and scream and hurl insults in people's faces, but he does have a genuinely loving and caring side to him that he only manifests privately, whereas Robbie on the other hand . . .

Same.

Maybe he doesn't know who her dad is. That said, I am (somewhat) looking forward to the epic trainwreck this will likely end in.

Also, Peter's pretty much always been for gender equality. Just look at the beatdown he gave Titania way back in the original Secret Wars after she was riding high off defeating She-Hulk in the previous issue.

And if we're gonna go with that interpretation, maybe Jonah being so aggrieved about Robbie in recent comics makes somewhat more sense than just Jonah being his usual grandiose/egotistical self. Hell, if we go with that angle, Robbie and Jonah are even more foils for each other than they would seem at first --- Jonah may yell and scream and hurl insults in people's faces, but he does have a genuinely loving and caring side to him that he only manifests privately, whereas Robbie on the other hand . . .
    I doubt that Janice being Tombstone daughter is common knowledge, even if she doesn't try to keep it secret for most people, so yeah he probably doesn't know. Kind of remind me to that time when Dick Grayson had some sexual tension with Sonia Zucco in his New 52 series, but that didn't go far.

Oh, i know that Peter has never been above hitting a woman (and he is as far from sexist as anyone can be), he is not stupid enough to believe that female villain won't hurt him, just that with all the talk about more females villains in the last issue, it feel appropriate to joke about, curse Frontier for using first though
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I mean, there are very few things kinkier then dating someone who dresses in form-fitting spandex for a living...
    He's come along way from when he didn't know what to do with Princess Python.
    I doubt that Janice being Tombstone daughter is common knowledge, even if she doesn't try to keep it secret for most people, so yeah he probably doesn't know. Kind of remind me to that time when Dick Grayson had some sexual tension with Sonia Zucco in his New 52 series, but that didn't go far.
    I'm not even sure if most people are aware she's the Beetle. You'd think she would have been disbarred if it was known publically that she's a career criminal.

It's why I'm surprised Randy knows and is still dating her.
    Oh, i know that Peter has never been above hitting a woman (and he is as far from sexist as anyone can be), he is not stupid enough to believe that female villain won't hurt him, just that with all the talk about more females villains in the last issue, it feel appropriate to joke about, curse Frontier for using first though
    Sorry...

I doubt that Janice being Tombstone daughter is common knowledge,
    neither Zemo, Fixer, or the rest of the Sinister 5 knew that Tombstone was her father. FYI

anyways, i love this relationship. Go Randy!

a lot of villains connected to the Daily Bugle when you think about is. Jonah has a "werewolf" son and all but created the Scorpion. Ben has a goblin nephew. The Big Man used to be on staff. whatsherface was once possessed by that other whatsherface-Calypso. Betty's brother was the crime master.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 08-16-2019 at 07:34 AM.

neither Zemo, Fixer, or the rest of the Sinister 5 knew that Tombstone was her father. FYI

anyways, i love this relationship. Go Randy!

a lot of villains connected to the Daily Bugle when you think about is. Jonah has a "werewolf" son and all but created the Scorpion. Ben has a goblin nephew. The Big Man used to be on staff. whatsherface was once possessed by that other whatsherface-Calypso. Betty's brother was the crime master.
    You mean Glory Grant? Yeah, I remember that one. And don't forget about the Spider-Slayers, as Jonah hired Spencer Smythe in the first place.

Janice is older than I assumed; judging by the Superior Foes book. They jump 20 years from her adolescence to graduating from Columbia. Then they jump another 5 years to when she becomes Beetle. She's had to be an active villain conservatively over a year because she hooked up with Scott Lang around the time of the incursion.