Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Confused by King

Hello, everyone. Maybe I missed it, but how did Thomas Wayne aka 'Flashpoint' Batman get to our reality and how did he meet Bane? Also did I imagine it or was Catwoman in among the ranks around Bane' s throne? Was the Bat-Signal destroyed or not. I'm getting very confused by this 'too long' an arc. 85 issues to tell a story!?

Astonishing Member

King never explained how Thomas Wayne escaped the Flashpoint reality.

If you try to avoid reading stories written by Tom King, it's really not a problem at all . . .

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Yeah, King never explained how did Thomas getting survive from flashpoint world and entering dc mainstream universe
    Last edited by qwertyuiop1998; 08-09-2019 at 07:21 AM.
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

The reappearance of both Jor-El and Flashpoint Thomas Wayne are connected to the shenanigans Dr.Manhattan has been cooking up in Doomsday Clock. As a result, neither King nor Bendis want to spill the beans on the hows and whys of their presence in the DCU as that would spoil Johns's story.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    The reappearance of both Jor-El and Flashpoint Thomas Wayne are connected to the shenanigans Dr.Manhattan has been cooking up in Doomsday Clock. As a result, neither King nor Bendis want to spill the beans on the hows and whys of their presence in the DCU as that would spoil Johns's story.
    DC has already spoiled a lot of other things by the constant unexplained delays with Doomsday Cluck, and it's really hard to believe at this point that all the delays are solely because of the tardiness of either the writer or the artist completing their work in a timely manner.

I wanted to read some of the newer dc tittle. I was told to hold off because Doomsday Clock would fix some things. But after two ears of waiting for a 12 issue monthly tittle to be put out I gave up. I am reading a few tittles. Doomsday clock has just been a mess.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I'm ready to assume that Thomas Wayne's dimensional movement is the same as Michael Holt's.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Errrr' still confused and I do not believe for one second the we will be told the how's & why's of Flashpoint Thomas Wayne in the last two issues of 'Doomsday Clock.' Bendis isn't going to explain Jor-El's 'continual' presence in the DCU. Understood in the Mr. Oz storyline that Manhattan snatched him to influence his son, then when that didn't work, I presumed he was returned to the point of time he was originally took. He just showed up again in Bendis storyline. I don't think there was much planning behind that. Just a story device. Like I said, confuse by King' s use of Thomas Wayne. Motivation? Why's he working with Bane? What's this 'Gotham' to him, not his world. Which realities 'Martha' was he attempting to resurrect? When Bruce d I snap't agreed, came to blows, really? Now

E have 'Gotham Girl' suddenly reappear after the events of 'The Price' and we don't know how she reach this point? Also continuity as Luthor and his offers are in both 'Detective Comics' & 'Batman.' I'm just following and collecting now as have invested thus far, but thank goodness Issue #85 caps it. Not going anywhere near the Batman/Catwoman mini. That's just me though, worn with the confusion of King' s narrative.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I'm ready to assume that Thomas Wayne's dimensional movement is the same as Michael Holt's.
    Except not exactly another dimension, but a different 'defunct' timeline, plus Thomas Wayne never showed any inclination or expertise at 'dimension' hopping. Thank you for trying with others, but still not making sense with me. Wish King would clarify, but story should be doing that really.

Quote Originally Posted by Franny6422 View Post
    Except not exactly another dimension, but a different 'defunct' timeline, plus Thomas Wayne never showed any inclination or expertise at 'dimension' hopping. Thank you for trying with others, but still not making sense with me. Wish King would clarify, but story should be doing that really.
    The exact physical definitions of these worlds/universes/whatevers are at best nebulous. Seriously, they're comic book timelines/dimensions/alternate universes. And since neither example has been explained, they are both undefined.

These things aren't like something we have a more basic understanding of, this is theoretical physics which current elite physicists are taking baby stpes in understanding. It's going to come down to a writer coming up with some comicbookscience and terminology to "explain" it. Maybe.

Just pretend like the issues 1-85 are elseworlds, I mean non-canon stories. His run doesn’t even deserve the title elseworlds.
    Hopefully the next writer will wash away everything lmao what a mess.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Hello, everyone. Maybe I missed it, but how did Thomas Wayne aka 'Flashpoint' Batman get to our reality and how did he meet Bane? Also did I imagine it or was Catwoman in among the ranks around Bane' s throne? Was the Bat-Signal destroyed or not. I'm getting very confused by this 'too long' an arc. 85 issues to tell a story!?
    Wasn't the Catwoman by Bane's throne one a flashback to I am Suicide where she pretended to betray Batman?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    DC has already spoiled a lot of other things by the constant unexplained delays with Doomsday Cluck, and it's really hard to believe at this point that all the delays are solely because of the tardiness of either the writer or the artist completing their work in a timely manner.
    You can believe whatever you'd like. I'm just telling you what both Bendis and King have said about the whole Jor-El/Flashpoint Thomas Wayne situation in their respective Word Balloon interviews.

Errrr' still confused and I do not believe for one second the we will be told the how's & why's of Flashpoint Thomas Wayne in the last two issues of 'Doomsday Clock.' Bendis isn't going to explain Jor-El's 'continual' presence in the DCU. Understood in the Mr. Oz storyline that Manhattan snatched him to influence his son, then when that didn't work, I presumed he was returned to the point of time he was originally took. He just showed up again in Bendis storyline. I don't think there was much planning behind that. Just a story device. Like I said, confuse by King' s use of Thomas Wayne. Motivation? Why's he working with Bane? What's this 'Gotham' to him, not his world. Which realities 'Martha' was he attempting to resurrect? When Bruce d I snap't agreed, came to blows, really? Now

E have 'Gotham Girl' suddenly reappear after the events of 'The Price' and we don't know how she reach this point? Also continuity as Luthor and his offers are in both 'Detective Comics' & 'Batman.' I'm just following and collecting now as have invested thus far, but thank goodness Issue #85 caps it. Not going anywhere near the Batman/Catwoman mini. That's just me though, worn with the confusion of King' s narrative.
    If King's Batman isn't for you, that's perfectly fair. There's plenty of other comics out there. However, if you are curious about what both King & Bendis have said about Jor-El/Thomas Wayne, they've explained the situation as much as their can without spoiling what Johns has planned in their respective Word Balloon interviews. They both say it will all be explained, either in Superman, Batman, or Doomsday Clock. If you aren't interested in waiting for those explanations, I'm sure someone can let you know whenever it gets revealed in the comics.

Irregardless of all that, Word Balloon is a great interview show featuring lots of great people. I can't recommend it enough.

http://wordballoon.blogspot.com/