Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: July 2019 sells

I'm so happy I could cry. And it's not just hype (though that certainly helps.) It's good! Really good. Welcome to the RenaissanXe, the first in 18 years. And this time around it doesn't even have the bad art (IMO) that came with Morrison. It's perfect.

Great numbers, and they may stay stable because HOX and POX #1 are going to 3rd print.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    , July was the first time two X-Men comics finished 1-2 since August 2001.
    I'm guessing those would be Ultimate X-Men 7 and New X-Men 115, right?

Cos I don't think Casey's UXM 395 or X-Treme 2 were bestsellers... Well, we had Exiles 1 and Wolverine & Gambit mini that month too.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The reality is that it's been 18 years. Since we had New X-Men, Uncanny, Ultimate and X-Treme in the top 4.
    That was the last time I was really passionate about the line. It hasn't deserved commercial success since.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I'm guessing those would be Ultimate X-Men 7 and New X-Men 115, right?

Cos I don't think Casey's UXM 395 or X-Treme 2 were bestsellers... Well, we had Exiles 1 and Wolverine & Gambit mini that month too.
    August 2001 was
    #1 New X-Men 117
    #2 Uncanny X-Men 397
    #3 Ultimate X-Men 9
    #4 X-Treme X-Men 4
    "Cable was right!"

Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    August 2001 was
    #1 New X-Men 117
    #2 Uncanny X-Men 397
    #3 Ultimate X-Men 9
    #4 X-Treme X-Men 4
    quadruple strike

x-men comics really fell

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    quadruple strike

x-men comics really fell
    After that Origin came out so it top 5 for X-Books until Dark Knight Returns 2 started.
    "Cable was right!"

Was my first time buying comics in years lols

I'm sure DOX books will be great as well, I'm looking to pull the first issues of all books.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Beautiful, it is so nice to see them on top again.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    I'm so happy I could cry. And it's not just hype (though that certainly helps.) It's good! Really good. Welcome to the RenaissanXe, the first in 18 years. And this time around it doesn't even have the bad art (IMO) that came with Morrison. It's perfect.
    I see your sig says Viva la ResurreXion (misspelt with an extra E, by the way). Well, forget Gold and Blue, this is the real ResurrXion!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

The Comixology rankings have been amazing too. House of X#1 is still selling better than many new comics. After three weeks, it still in the top 15.

I wish they could be included in sales numbers since initially seems to be better for the smaller niche comics. Could be like combining rankings from Comicchron (psychical rankings), comixology (digital rankings) an maybe another factor? Maybe a pull list?

I predict this comic will prob now rule in sales for the rest of its story but wondering how it'll be when we get 6 books out there?

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I can't imagine a more fitting book to earn the stop sales spot.

Also, and this is purely anecdotal, I noticed that my local comic shop ran very low on copies of House of X and Powers of X. They completely sold out of all variant covers. They had a very limited supply of the main issue. So it wasn't just an issue of stories overstocking on these books. They really did sell. I saw plenty of copies of Spider-Man and Batman on the racks. There was not nearly as much for the X-Books.
    I kept an eye on the shelves in my LCS (which is the biggest comics shop in the capital city of the country) and They were sold out of HoX 1 within two days, PoX 1 within four days and HoX within 24 hours of it going on sale. Lots of under-ordering.

This *may* have convinced a lot of people to either go digital or wait for the trade. I spoke to one of the shop staff and they basically said "we've been burned so many times before ordering X-Men relaunches" or words to that effect. That being said, there's a major comedy/books/arts festival going on this month so a lot of copies may have gone to tourists also.

Mighty Member

Top 100 Are Out

House of X and Power of X at top, with Uncanny ending with Avenger like numbers. I saw a few old X reprints on the list but the ending of Age of X I didn't see.

Also, seems HoX#2 came in number 2 this week right behind Batman. I think comic shops prob underestimated the issue beforehand based of past sales, but I hope the upcoming issues continue building up goodwill.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Additionally, I've been seeing a lot of anecdotes/complaints on Twitter and various forums about shops being sold out of HoX #2. So we're probably going to see a lot of reorder activity on that one.
    Same. A few people on some X-Men FB groups said their stores were sold out. When I picked up my issues, all three times most of the variants were gone. That was 2 hours after they opened each of those Wednesdays. And each time while paying, the staff was talking about the issues and the upcoming DOX books.

Feels good to see them on the top spots again.