6 Batman: Curse of The White Knight #1 $4.99 DC
    7 The Batman Who Laughs #7 $4.99 DC
    8 Black Cat #2 $3.99 Marvel
    9 Immortal Hulk #20 $3.99 Marvel
    10 Vampirella #1* $3.99 Dynamite

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I’m surprised Black Cat stayed in the top 10

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

That was a surprise hit to me as well. More power to her!

Astonishing Member

Ha.Black Cat#2 was in the Top 10.
    Last month people were saying Black Cat#1 was just the best selling comic book because of the variant covers.And i said it more likely being because of more things that just variant covers.
    With issue #2 being in the Top 10 as well,itīs obvious i was right.

Walking Dead outsold every DC book, despite the fact we didn't know it was the final issue in advance. Amazing!

And that's the first time X-Men has been 1st AND 2nd in the same month since 2001 - presumably Morrison's New X-Men.

EDIT: Actually, they had the top four that time. New, Uncanny, Ultimate and X-Treme.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-09-2019 at 10:40 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Last month people were saying Black Cat#1 was just the best selling comic book because of the variant covers.And i said it more likely being because of more things that just variant covers.
    Yeah, but issue 2 has a lot of variants as well. (Including a couple of "Carnage" covers.) I love Felicia, and I hope the title continues to sell well, but they did have variants, and it may have influenced things, sales wise.

But it is nice to see my mutants and Spidey taking the top slots. And a critically acclaimed book like Immortal Hulk in the top ten warms my heart as well.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Walking Dead outsold every DC book, despite the fact we didn't know it was the final issue in advance. Amazing!

And that's the first time X-Men has been 1st AND 2nd in the same month since 2001 - presumably Morrison's New X-Men.

"Not counting when Avengers Vs. X-Men double-shipped, July was the first time two X-Men comics finished 1-2 since August 2001. X-Men comics finishing in the top two slots was once incredibly common, back in the 1990s days of Uncanny X-Men and "adjectiveless" X-Men. Indeed, in the latter years of the 1990s it had come to be seen as symbolic of the market's malaise: literally nothing else in comics was going on that was interesting enough to unseat them. August 2001 was right when things were finally turning around."
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 08-09-2019 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Have to wait for #4 to see how it does without the variant covers.

https://www.cbr.com/mayo-report-june...les-explainer/

Black Cat #1 took its place at the top of the list, thanks mainly to its variant covers. The first issue had a regular cover, four open-to-order variants, one of which was an Artgerm cover, a 1-in-10 cover, a 1-in-25 cover, a 1-in-50 cover, a 1-in-100 cover and a 1-in-200 cover. The second issue has a regular cover, a single open-to-order cover with a Carnage-ized theme, a 1-in-25 cover, a 1-in-50 cover and a 1-in-100 cover. With only half the variant covers, sales will drop but since there is still a 1-in-100 cover, sales should plummet. Black Cat #3 has a regular cover, a single open-to-order cover, a 1-in-25 cover, a 1-in-50 cover and a 1-in-100 cover.

The drop from the second to third issues won't reflect a change in the promotional push from the variant covers, since they have equivalent cover gimmicks with the only real difference being the art itself. Sometimes that can make a big difference, such as we see with Stanley "Artgerm" Lau's covers. Other times, the art itself matters far less than the ratios and other aspects which make the cover rarer. Black Cat #4, however, only has a regular cover, so this is when we'll likely see a drop caused by the lack of variant covers.

It'll be interesting to see how Hickman's X-Men books do in the long-run, especially with how lackluster their sales have been lately. Could be a true resurgence for the group .

Variants or not, we can now say Black Cat was in the top 10 two months in a row .

Variants or no variants. I've never been a fan of the character, but I'm stoked to see her in the Top 10 two months in a row.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Yeah, but issue 2 has a lot of variants as well. (Including a couple of "Carnage" covers.) I love Felicia, and I hope the title continues to sell well, but they did have variants, and it may have influenced things, sales wise.

But it is nice to see my mutants and Spidey taking the top slots. And a critically acclaimed book like Immortal Hulk in the top ten warms my heart as well.
    Itīs cool to see the X-Men back in the top slots.
    And Immortal Hulk have been a great comic book so thatīs another comic book that i find great to be in the Top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Have to wait for #4 to see how it does without the variant covers.

https://www.cbr.com/mayo-report-june...les-explainer/

Black Cat #1 took its place at the top of the list, thanks mainly to its variant covers. The first issue had a regular cover, four open-to-order variants, one of which was an Artgerm cover, a 1-in-10 cover, a 1-in-25 cover, a 1-in-50 cover, a 1-in-100 cover and a 1-in-200 cover. The second issue has a regular cover, a single open-to-order cover with a Carnage-ized theme, a 1-in-25 cover, a 1-in-50 cover and a 1-in-100 cover. With only half the variant covers, sales will drop but since there is still a 1-in-100 cover, sales should plummet. Black Cat #3 has a regular cover, a single open-to-order cover, a 1-in-25 cover, a 1-in-50 cover and a 1-in-100 cover.

The drop from the second to third issues won't reflect a change in the promotional push from the variant covers, since they have equivalent cover gimmicks with the only real difference being the art itself. Sometimes that can make a big difference, such as we see with Stanley "Artgerm" Lau's covers. Other times, the art itself matters far less than the ratios and other aspects which make the cover rarer. Black Cat #4, however, only has a regular cover, so this is when we'll likely see a drop caused by the lack of variant covers.
    Thanks for the info.I was not aware that the second issue of Black Cat still had that many variant covers,but i would say that by Black Cat#2 being again in the Top 10 is worth mentioning because of the way the second issue of a new comic book have less comic book solds that the first issue as far as i know and still the second issue of Black Cat was in the Top 10.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Glad to see those Immortal Hulk numbers. Ewing has been quietly writing some of Marvels best books in the previous years but it’s not always translated to sales. Glad he has a hit on his hands.

By the way, some DC titles in July (like Batman #75) had card stock variant covers priced at a $1.00 more than the regular cover, so some of those books may have deceptive numbers because they'll be listed twice on the Top 300 lists (separate listings for each cover price). Their combined totals would have placed better than some other books, but whether that would have changed the Top 10 or not remains to be seen.

Yeah, we'll have to combine the numbers when the full top 500 (it's not only 300 any more) is released on Monday.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

$5.99 is way too much for comics. I hope that isn't were comics are going to in the near future.