Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: July 2019 sales

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Justice League Dark is hovering just above 20,000 copies. How much longer do you think this series will last?
    Considering it's a book that DC would choose to cancel over trying to save it, so they can free space for another Batman title...
    I'd say chances are high that it'll be gone within a year.
    But I expect Odyssey to go first. Dark at least has Wonder Woman to hold it up a bit longer.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Considering it's a book that DC would choose to cancel over trying to save it, so they can free space for another Batman title...
    I'd say chances are high that it'll be gone within a year.
    But I expect Odyssey to go first. Dark at least has Wonder Woman to hold it up a bit longer.
    Well, they already have a Gotham Monsters book, so I think that's pretty much been filled out already.

Both Dark and Odyssey are probably safe for the time being, but will likely wrap up once we get the full aftermath of the Justice Doom War and the set up for the 2020 event. There is probably a predetermined end point for both.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Both Dark and Odyssey are probably safe for the time being, but will likely wrap up once we get the full aftermath of the Justice Doom War and the set up for the 2020 event. There is probably a predetermined end point for both.
    I think it would be kind of fitting if they all ended around the time Snyder's done with his run since all the League books were born out of his Metal book and No Justice (which was basically a Snyder story).

Astonishing Member

I don't think Snyder is even close to being finished with his run.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Judging from the sales of New age of Heroes, nobody was interested in them. DC was trying to sell characters to a fanbase that wanted their favorites back first. And those favorites are still missing. Until then the fanbase will be picky and unhappy.
    This. So much. I mentioned it before in another thread. I got into Rebirth because I was teased those old characters coming back. What are you doing making new ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    I don't think Snyder is even close to being finished with his run.
    Well, I think the Justice League/Doom War is the end of the second act, before we go into the "villains win" storyline that's been teased, so that might give it another year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's kind of ironic that Batman spinoffs make the top 10 instead of the main Batman book.
    True, but they're pretty strong for spinoffs. I'd almost call all three of them 'Batman event' books. Last Knight on Earth has been epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Justice League Dark is hovering just above 20,000 copies. How much longer do you think this series will last?
    Don’t forget that sales got split because of the card stock variants. JLD is selling about 30k total so I expect it to survive until the end of Snyder’s JL run.