Default Event Leviathan #3

That Plastic Man diss .

Damian would never refer to a group as "guys."

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I think "one of the great master fighters of all time" is infinitely more Bendis and consequently the funniest line thus far. What exactly are you saying there, Damian? But he's good at intentional humor, too.

And I absolutely love the question of Leviathan being Clark, which he's suggested in teasers before. For the simple potential ties to the ascendancy arc in Superman and the "Clark can't act" gag at the very least.

Wish more previews were only three pages long, books are too expensive for six now.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Bendis can’t write Damian at all.
    Sigh.

He really can't write Damian at all, but I'm still enjoying the story. A mystery from the Super-corner of the DCU? How rare is that?? And I'm really excited to see the spy/intrigue aspects of the DCU solidified and given some love. That's been needed for a long time and I think Bendis is actually a good choice for it.

DC needs their own version of SHIELD, one that can be more than a cheap copy of Marvel's, and who better to pull that off than a former Marvel guy who's still excited about all the new toys he can play with at DC?

As long as Leviathan doesn't turn out to be Dick Grayson and evil (I could accept one or the other if I had to, but not both), I'm down with everything that's happening so far (other than Damian's dialogue anyway).
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    DC needs their own version of SHIELD, one that can be more than a cheap copy of Marvel's, and who better to pull that off than a former Marvel guy who's still excited about all the new toys he can play with at DC?
    I don't think DC really needs a SHIELD.

I mean, they've gotten by pretty fairly without a direct or relevant equivalent aside from when they tried to make Argus happen, and that only clicked with the Arrowverse.

Although it would be kind of ironic to set DC up with their own SHIELD equivalent when SHIELD is currently dead over at Marvel.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I'm entirely led to believe this is setting up a spy ring to rule them all, but I think trying have SHIELD has been the exact problem.

Though if we get a Ric Fury I will laugh to myself to sleep every night of his tenure.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think DC really needs a SHIELD.
    Ah, true. Poor choice of words on my part. DC *wants* a SHIELD, they dont *need* one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I'm entirely led to believe this is setting up a spy ring to rule them all, but I think trying have SHIELD has been the exact problem.

Though if we get a Ric Fury I will laugh to myself to sleep every night of his tenure.
    Jesus, I never thought of that. Dammit man now I'll never be able to enjoy things if, somehow, Dick does become DC's top spy.

Of course, given the way Dick's been treated in recent years I'm not likely to enjoy anything with him anyway.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Another page preview

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    Another page preview

Jason looks kind of like a robot here .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jason looks kind of like a robot here .
    You mean like one of the Super-androids from the Fortress of Solitude?