Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Batman vs Lex Luthor

Month of prep for both sides.

They both have vast resources in terms of money and technology. With a month of prep or even a lot less, either one of them can take on Superman. With Bruce, it generally involves kryptonite. With Lex, there are all kinds of possibilities because he has been obsessed with beating Superman for so long. Overall, I think that Lex has the superior technology, because he is often operating with Superman-level weapons, armor, etc, and not just kryptonite. Batman is usually dealing with his rogues gallery and at a much lower power level. Even when he is working with the Justice League, his technology is not saving the day so much as helping on the margins. Instead, his major contribution to JL efforts is more along the lines of strategy, tactics, and the occasional detective work. I think Lex is the likely winner in this matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    They both have vast resources in terms of money and technology. With a month of prep or even a lot less, either one of them can take on Superman. With Bruce, it generally involves kryptonite. With Lex, there are all kinds of possibilities because he has been obsessed with beating Superman for so long. Overall, I think that Lex has the superior technology, because he is often operating with Superman-level weapons, armor, etc, and not just kryptonite. Batman is usually dealing with his rogues gallery and at a much lower power level. Even when he is working with the Justice League, his technology is not saving the day so much as helping on the margins. Instead, his major contribution to JL efforts is more along the lines of strategy, tactics, and the occasional detective work. I think Lex is the likely winner in this matchup.
    His tech doesn't always save the day because Bruce has the martial art skills to complement it. Batman wouldn't need superior tech per se. He'd just need to neutralize Luthor's in some way. Take his tech away and Luthor is just a man. Bruce is the same, except that he's a man that's trained to fight.