Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default TMNT 1990 Vs. Netflix MCU

Setting is in an abandoned city street in NYC at night, similar to the final fight against the Foot Clan in the 1990 movie. How do the Turtles fare in separate fights against...

1. Daredevil

2. Daredevil, Iron Fist, and Jessica Jones

3. Black Sky Elektra

T-U-R-T-L-E POWER! T-U-R-T-L-E POWER!

I actually don't have an opinion on this since I only watched the parts of Daredevil with the Punisher. So I'm not really sure what he is capable of.

T-U-R-T-L-E POWER! T-U-R-T-L-E POWER!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

question: is the fight taking place in a hallway?

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    question: is the fight taking place in a hallway?
    It could spill into a hallway, if Daredevil has the foresight.

But I purposely did not start the fight in a hallway so that Daredevil doesn't get home field advantage.

I'd need to rewatch some fights of the '90 Turtles before giving a more informed opinion, but I don't like Matt's odds in the solo fight if we are taking his nerfed, black suit and rope wraps-wearing, S3 self (even at the end of the season, after rewatching it, he is still not quite as agile as he used to be. His reflexes are still good though, even if we'd need to check the speed of Dexdevil's projectiles).

End of S2/Defenders Matt, in the red suit, able to take several Hand ninjas at once, and take on both Murakami and Bakuto for a bit at the same time, is another beast entirely.

Coming back to this thread a bit later, I think.

EDIT: Also, I hope for the turtles it is not the final version of Danny Rand, Immortal Iron Fist, Protector of Kun Lun, Sworn enemy of the Hand, who seems to be a bullet-timing gunslinger (still haven't had the strength to go through S2, while I binge-watched every DD season within the two days they came out)
    Last edited by FrenchGemini; 08-10-2019 at 05:18 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    EDIT: Also, I hope for the turtles it is not the final version of Danny Rand, Immortal Iron Fist, Protector of Kun Lun, Sworn enemy of the Hand, who seems to be a bullet-timing gunslinger (still haven't had the strength to go through S2, while I binge-watched every DD season within the two days they came out)
    He's not just a bullet-timing gunslinger, he's a ridiculously fast stupidly skilled bullet-timing gunslinger, and it's amazingly dumb.

Even for the Iron Fist series.

I'd say prepare yourself for pain, but if you're slogging through the Iron Fist series, you're already there.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I'd need to rewatch some fights of the '90 Turtles before giving a more informed opinion, but I don't like Matt's odds in the solo fight if we are taking his nerfed, black suit and rope wraps-wearing, S3 self (even at the end of the season, after rewatching it, he is still not quite as agile as he used to be. His reflexes are still good though, even if we'd need to check the speed of Dexdevil's projectiles).

End of S2/Defenders Matt, in the red suit, able to take several Hand ninjas at once, and take on both Murakami and Bakuto for a bit at the same time, is another beast entirely.

Coming back to this thread a bit later, I think.

Ok, tbh I completely forgot about Black Suit Daredevil, and thus forgot about the rather large performance gap between that and the Red Suit. I'm going to turn in my nerd card in shame, but before I do, I'll state that all these fights assume Matt is in his Red Suit.

Same for Iron Fist, I guess -- he also gets the red suit *checks notes* No, I mean, this fight includes his most current version.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Same for Iron Fist, I guess -- he also gets the red suit *checks notes* No, I mean, this fight includes his most current version.
    *deeply disgusted* At 100' starting distance, Danny shoots them all in the eyes before they can even move.

...either that, or we have Coleen fighting them. Take your pick.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    *deeply disgusted* At 100' starting distance, Danny shoots them all in the eyes before they can even move.

...either that, or we have Coleen fighting them. Take your pick.
    And if we take away weapons for IF?

Though, Coleen fighting the Turtles would also be neat, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    And if we take away weapons for IF?
    Then Danny won't have the Iron Fist at all.
    Why are we here?

Then Danny won't have the Iron Fist at all.
    *Danny keels over in existential crisis*

...welcome to the silliness of Iron Fist.
    Why are we here?

I just rewatched a few fights from the first movie. In their first serious fight against the Foot clan, they had more trouble than Matt and Elektra had against the Hand, while in the second, they stomped the Hand with the power of slapstick. And then they got stomped by a Shredder who didn't even know to mind his surroundings, even with Splinter angering him. Peak Matt should be able to solo them, unless I missed some other good feats, and after all, I'd give even "Daredevil too OP, plz nerf"-S3 Matt decent odds against one turtle at a time... And I didn't realize it was in an abandoned city street, which gives Matt some opportunities for stealth... Also, I think at this point it's needless to say that Black Sky Ellie murders them.

He's not just a bullet-timing gunslinger, he's a ridiculously fast stupidly skilled bullet-timing gunslinger, and it's amazingly dumb.

Even for the Iron Fist series.

I'd say prepare yourself for pain, but if you're slogging through the Iron Fist series, you're already there.
    Yeah, I saw the ending (haven't had the courage to go through the second season yet). Yep, that's the kind of thing you'd expect in anime, and yep, one bullet in each Turtle's brain should do it. And what you're saying doesn't exactly encourage me to go watch the second season ^^

Yeah, I saw the ending (haven't had the courage to go through the second season yet). Yep, that's the kind of thing you'd expect in anime, and yep, one bullet in each Turtle's brain should do it. And what you're saying doesn't exactly encourage me to go watch the second season ^^
    It's more of Danny being exactly what kind of a person he was in Season One (only worse), and slightly better fight sequences (for the most part..I can't even remember if there are any stand-out fights like there were in Season 1, that's how 'meh' the fights were).

I don't feel I'm spoiling it by saying any of this.

The only real reason to watch the series is to watch Ward's interactions with...well, everyone. Also, vague potential in a new character that's never fully realized, presumably for another season or series we will now never see.
    Why are we here?

I just rewatched a few fights from the first movie. In their first serious fight against the Foot clan, they had more trouble than Matt and Elektra had against the Hand, while in the second, they stomped the Hand with the power of slapstick. And then they got stomped by a Shredder who didn't even know to mind his surroundings, even with Splinter angering him. Peak Matt should be able to solo them, unless I missed some other good feats, and after all, I'd give even "Daredevil too OP, plz nerf"-S3 Matt decent odds against one turtle at a time... And I didn't realize it was in an abandoned city street, which gives Matt some opportunities for stealth...
    I'd just want to point out that the Turtles had some pretty good stealth feats in the first movie, but I get your larger point as well (considering that ninja stealth only gets you so far against a fellow ninja. Plus, Mikey's bound to blow their cover eventually).