Thread: Spine Design

bbbearrr

Default Spine Design

Hi guys,

recently order a few more marvel trades to go with what i already had.

although when the new ones came they had different spine design to my previous marvel trades.

The new trades have a different design and im wondering now if this is a new format or how i ended up with these spines ?

a43640ae65.jpg

Thanks

Amazing Member Black Iron Tarkus's Avatar

White spine/Marvel logo at the top = US Marvel edition
    Black spine/Marvel logo at the bottom = UK Panini edition

I don't collect Marvel trades, but the owner of my LCS loves the Panini editions as they're cheaper, better quality and often come out sooner than the US editions (no idea why/how)! Most UK book/comic shops will have a random mix of US/UK books, just to confuse people. I do really dislike that font, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Iron Tarkus View Post
    White spine/Marvel logo at the top = US Marvel edition
    Black spine/Marvel logo at the bottom = UK Panini edition

I don't collect Marvel trades, but the owner of my LCS loves the Panini editions as they're cheaper, better quality and often come out sooner than the US editions (no idea why/how)! Most UK book/comic shops will have a random mix of US/UK books, just to confuse people. I do really dislike that font, though!
    The Panini editions do feel tougher although I prefer the US versions. Content wise it makes no difference so I usually get whats cheaper.

Spectacular Member

I'm from the UK and buy heaps of trades, but I don't have a single Panini trade. They just never seem to release anything but small thin little books, or if they do release one that's a little larger it's like a best of book usually with 'Platinum' in the name to make it sound snazzier.