Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Superman 14 & Supergirl 33 Recalled and Delayed

Retailers have been told to destroy all copies of Superman 14 and Supergirl 33 because the YOTV covers don't reflect the content in the books. Replacements with new covers will be shipped on August 28th.

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/08/09/...man-supergirl/

Expect eBay to be flooded with copies of the soon to be very valuable error covers.

Is this about Lightning Lad’s new complexion?

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Is this about Lightning Lad’s new complexion?
    I don't know what that is about, so I don't know. Doubtful because the Legion wasn't supposed to appear in Supergirl. The notices say it's because the YOTV content didn't make it into the books. Don't know why that'd be true for Supergirl since both covers feature the YOTV Brainiac drone.

Look at Lightning Lad's complexion between the 2 pics.

Ok. But that’s the cover to 15 supposedly. The cover they changed for Superman is the Lois/Luthor one. There’d be no reason to alter the cover to correct interior errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Ok. But that’s the cover to 15 supposedly. The cover they changed for Superman is the Lois/Luthor one. There’d be no reason to alter the cover to correct interior errors.
    I was showing what he was talking about with Lightning Lad. I wasn't saying anything about the current covers being changed.

Side note: Really stupid they waited this late to change the covers of the books.

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    Look at Lightning Lad's complexion between the 2 pics.

It's kind of annoying how few of the characters on the second Legion image here even look anything like they historically have. I was all set to question the need to change so many of the characters' races while leaving Saturn Girl blonde, even though she's been racebent on TV before and there's be more precedent for changing her ethnicity in the comics than for Lightning Lad...

But you know what, I'm utterly distracted by how ugly most of these designs are. What's with that weird curl in Brainy's hair? Why does Starboy have gold skin? Why does Triplicate Girl just look terrible? What's up with Ultra Boy's shirt being like, pale lime green on dark grey? What was wrong with forest green on scarlet? Why is Timber Wolf a bear dressed like a knight? Why is Lar Gand's costume so busy? Didn't they learn their lesson on overly busy costumes on Super-Characters with the New 52? Who's the monochrome girl all over him? Why isn't Tasmia more upset about it? Who'se the skeleton on Gim's shoulder? Why does Chuck look like he's thirty-five? Why does Cosmic Boy look like he's thirteen? It'd be a great Magnetic Kid costume for Pol, but Cos is supposed to be the Legion's Captain America.

And why oh why for the love of Rao is poor Element Lad a sprocking Bizarro? Whose idea is that? He looks unwieldy, uncomfortable and maybe a little drunk. This is not what I want for my wise, zen, brilliant, pansexual baby boy.

So ultimately, I think black Lightning Lad probably has the least changes made to him. I look at him and can immediately say "yeah, that sure is Lightning Lad. Garth Ranzz." I can't say that about everyone, not even Cosmic Boy and Saturn Girl. The only real complaint I can make with that design is that, well, there's a lot of black heroes with lightning powers, enough that Mark Waid made fun of it in Irredeemable. Someone else might have been a better choice on those grounds.

But overall, you know what, it's cool to see Superboy and the Legion. Maybe I'll pick this up despite all my concerns and against my better judgment.
    dammit.
    Last edited by Adekis; 08-14-2019 at 08:17 AM.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

If this is because they changed Lightning Lad's ethnicity and then forgot about it, that seems like an editorial gaffe more out of the page of the Berganza reign.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El