Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Superman 14 & Supergirl 33 Recalled and Delayed

Retailers have been told to destroy all copies of Superman 14 and Supergirl 33 because the YOTV covers don't reflect the content in the books. Replacements with new covers will be shipped on August 28th.

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/08/09/...man-supergirl/

Expect eBay to be flooded with copies of the soon to be very valuable error covers.

Is this about Lightning Lad’s new complexion?

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Is this about Lightning Lad’s new complexion?
    I don't know what that is about, so I don't know. Doubtful because the Legion wasn't supposed to appear in Supergirl. The notices say it's because the YOTV content didn't make it into the books. Don't know why that'd be true for Supergirl since both covers feature the YOTV Brainiac drone.

Look at Lightning Lad's complexion between the 2 pics.

Ok. But that’s the cover to 15 supposedly. The cover they changed for Superman is the Lois/Luthor one. There’d be no reason to alter the cover to correct interior errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Ok. But that’s the cover to 15 supposedly. The cover they changed for Superman is the Lois/Luthor one. There’d be no reason to alter the cover to correct interior errors.
    I was showing what he was talking about with Lightning Lad. I wasn't saying anything about the current covers being changed.

Side note: Really stupid they waited this late to change the covers of the books.

This is typical Bendis. There was a Spider-Man (Miles Morales) cover showing him fighting Venom (Flash Thompson). They don't fight in that issue. Seems like Bendis has a habit of changing the scripts after covers are solicited.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    This is typical Bendis. There was a Spider-Man (Miles Morales) cover showing him fighting Venom (Flash Thompson). They don't fight in that issue. Seems like Bendis has a habit of changing the scripts after covers are solicited.
    It's got to be more significant than that. That happens every other issue with most comics now. It's happened like 4 times in this Superman run alone.

Why even bother replacing the comics. We're likely to have spoilers about the 2 issues Wednesday. By the time the replacements show up. Not that many people will want to buy it.

They are showing up on eBay already for $30-40. But I'd be wary of going that route. Depending on when a shop's shipment went out, Diamond may pull them before shipping. So pre-sales like this may not get any.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    They are showing up on eBay already for $30-40. But I'd be wary of going that route. Depending on when a shop's shipment went out, Diamond may pull them before shipping. So pre-sales like this may not get any.
    I was thinking someone might post the comic pages online since some may have been sent out already.

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    I was thinking someone might post the comic pages online since some may have been sent out already.
    Yeah, they'll be up on the torrent sites immediately I'm sure.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Damn, can we at least get a preview like Leviathan and Supergirl?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Censorship Sucks

They called issue 50 of Batman "The Wedding". No wedding took place. I would not think DC would be to stringent on caring about false representations on their cover.

Is this in response to some sort of paranoia that only exists in a person's mind?
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."