Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Yeah, they'll be up on the torrent sites immediately I'm sure.
    No, they won't. Those sites just use the digital editions for new comics, so the torrents will be out when those are. Delayed digital edition = delayed torrents. This is why the Walmart Giants don't have torrents for most issues - they don't have a digital edition.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    Is this in response to some sort of paranoia that only exists in a person's mind?
    Where else would paranoia exist?

Mighty Member

So what does this mean on Wednesday. There still coming out if its just the covers who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No, they won't. Those sites just use the digital editions for new comics, so the torrents will be out when those are. Delayed digital edition = delayed torrents. This is why the Walmart Giants don't have torrents for most issues - they don't have a digital edition.
    Not necessarily a few of the Torrent people work at comic shops i remember some big stink about one, can't remember the name, that was doing it before comics even come out at shop.

I would be very surprised if Lightning Lad's race change isn't a contributing factor in causing these delays. The original cover shows a white skinned Lightning Lad as the character has been traditionally portrayed so changing his race so suddenly must have played a part in these delays.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Lightning Lad is probably part of it given the fact that apparently issue 14 is the Legion's first appearance. But it's likely to do more with what the press release said. The solicitation for 14 always seemed odd to me because it totally switched over to the Lois YOV stuff as the a plot right at the penultimate issue of the Unity Saga. I first just assumed it was the simple narrative trick to make Lois's thing with Lex the A plot and then give us a giant cliffhanger for the Unity Saga space stuff to go into 15 with. Nothing unheard of. But then the solicit for issue 15 came out and had no finality to it. Even the Phantom Zone arc had a solicit that denoted some sort of end to a chapter. Seeing the Supergirl preview reinforced how strange the solicitation for 14 was.

All in all, I'd just settle for a got dang preview right now
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Lightning Lad is probably part of it given the fact that apparently issue 14 is the Legion's first appearance. But it's likely to do more with what the press release said. The solicitation for 14 always seemed odd to me because it totally switched over to the Lois YOV stuff as the a plot right at the penultimate issue of the Unity Saga. I first just assumed it was the simple narrative trick to make Lois's thing with Lex the A plot and then give us a giant cliffhanger for the Unity Saga space stuff to go into 15 with. Nothing unheard of. But then the solicit for issue 15 came out and had no finality to it. Even the Phantom Zone arc had a solicit that denoted some sort of end to a chapter. Seeing the Supergirl preview reinforced how strange the solicitation for 14 was.

All in all, I'd just settle for a got dang preview right now
    It might be something as simple as Superman needing the pages that they were going to devote to YOTV to the Legion debut, so they bumped the YOTV stuff. Having a YOTV banner, when there was nothing in the book relating to it would be odd and a lot different than the events of the comic just not lining up with the cover. The Lightening Lad thing may factor into it, but why would they change the cover? He wasn't on 14. It's very weird. I'm sure spoilers for 14 and Supergirl will be out Wednesday. Not all shops will be getting them, but enough will that some will leak out.

I was thinking maybe they'd use the opportunity to edit Lightening Lad in the actual book, but it's quite possible that they've long since done that.

If we don't get a preview before then (or by then honestly. That wouldn't be a bad idea), then I may have to go hunting for some spoilers. Regardless I'll be buying the book when it comes out though.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I was thinking maybe they'd use the opportunity to edit Lightening Lad in the actual book, but it's quite possible that they've long since done that.

If we don't get a preview before then (or by then honestly. That wouldn't be a bad idea), then I may have to go hunting for some spoilers. Regardless I'll be buying the book when it comes out though.
    I'm kinda surprised that I haven't seen spoilers yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    I'm kinda surprised that I haven't seen spoilers yet.
    Now that you mention it, that is a surprise. I'm already seeing people talk about how much they enjoyed the new Leviathan that came out.

Now that you mention it, that is a surprise. I'm already seeing people talk about how much they enjoyed the new Leviathan that came out.
    Maybe we'll see a spoiler Wednesday.

I'm now officially on the hunt for spoilers since they didn't put out a preview

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Bleeding Cool shared some panels...

Were “Superman” #14 and “Supergirl” #33 Destroyed Over Racial Concerns? (Spoilers): https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/08...erns-spoilers/

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    Look at Lightning Lad's complexion between the 2 pics.

It's kind of annoying how few of the characters on the second Legion image here even look anything like they historically have. I was all set to question the need to change so many of the characters' races while leaving Saturn Girl blonde, even though she's been racebent on TV before and there's be more precedent for changing her ethnicity in the comics than for Lightning Lad...

But you know what, I'm utterly distracted by how ugly most of these designs are. What's with that weird curl in Brainy's hair? Why does Starboy have gold skin? Why does Triplicate Girl just look terrible? What's up with Ultra Boy's shirt being like, pale lime green on dark grey? What was wrong with forest green on scarlet? Why is Timber Wolf a bear dressed like a knight? Why is Lar Gand's costume so busy? Didn't they learn their lesson on overly busy costumes on Super-Characters with the New 52? Who's the monochrome girl all over him? Why isn't Tasmia more upset about it? Who'se the skeleton on Gim's shoulder? Why does Chuck look like he's thirty-five? Why does Cosmic Boy look like he's thirteen? It'd be a great Magnetic Kid costume for Pol, but Cos is supposed to be the Legion's Captain America.

And why oh why for the love of Rao is poor Element Lad a sprocking Bizarro? Whose idea is that? He looks unwieldy, uncomfortable and maybe a little drunk. This is not what I want for my wise, zen, brilliant, pansexual baby boy.

So ultimately, I think black Lightning Lad probably has the least changes made to him. I look at him and can immediately say "yeah, that sure is Lightning Lad. Garth Ranzz." I can't say that about everyone, not even Cosmic Boy and Saturn Girl. The only real complaint I can make with that design is that, well, there's a lot of black heroes with lightning powers, enough that Mark Waid made fun of it in Irredeemable. Someone else might have been a better choice on those grounds.

But overall, you know what, it's cool to see Superboy and the Legion. Maybe I'll pick this up despite all my concerns and against my better judgment.
    dammit.
    Last edited by Adekis; 08-14-2019 at 08:17 AM.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

If this is because they changed Lightning Lad's ethnicity and then forgot about it, that seems like an editorial gaffe more out of the page of the Berganza reign.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El